It is currently Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: M:EM High School
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:31 pm 

OK, first of all, it's not even okay how perfect this is. I can imagine the whole thing, complete with song, and I absolutely lose it every time at the part where the twigs fall out of her hair. :D

Daneera needs her own sitcom, clearly. I think my favorite part is the Fae crown freezing in mid-air, just like in the inspiration, but unlike the inspiration, Daneera herself does not. That image cracks me up.

(Also, on a semi-unrelated note, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts covered this song when the played here in Boston a while back, and it was *killer*.)

Well, now I'm picturing Daneera as Joan Jett, which is just all kinds of great. Also, here's a thing for everyone:

I Love to Hunt and Prowl

Speaking of things which are so perfect that it's just not okay, I can't get over how much I love this. For the sake of argument, let's just pick ten reasons!

1) When Antony tells Kahr no more comedy, I laughed out loud.

Can't you just imagine Kahr's face as Antony says that? Priceless.

2) This Gale line is PERFECT: “The sea, and the wind, and the rain. A sturdy ship beneath me and a storm-kissed sky above. The waves rocking against the hull, and the sails vibrating in the breeze.”

I miss writing for Gale...

3) I love Kahr's chronic need to be shirtless, and Tryst pointing out that she's perfectly OK with that.

And I love that Kahr is apparently just endlessly posing as the others are talking. :D

4) Of course Aloise would be Happy. :D

Yeah, I couldn't pass that up.

5) Of course Beryl catches on fire. (This school's extinguisher budget must be through the roof!)

"Beryl burst into flames." might be my favorite line in the piece. High School Beryl is just all kinds of fun!

6) I love Aloise and Beryl's non-diegetic excursion over to the "Ask Raven" thread. As Mr. Peanutbutter would say, "Is this a crossover episode?"

I really enjoy playing around with these sorts of meta elements of fiction. Using a medium like a forum for our writing, while in some ways similar to paper and ink writing, there are differences that we can play around with. I sort of did that with "Nesting Dolls," with the "glowing page," but I think this was the most meta I've gotten on these boards.

7) I love the inside joke about Nasperge disappearing.

:)

8) Raiker's comment about the time skip practically killed me.

Leave it to Raiker…

9) Heavens help us all if Tryst ever decides to mount her own production... ("Heh," Tryst said, and snickered. "You said 'mount.'")

I now see her saying that when Antony introduces himself, which Antony of course immediately corrects, and Tryst just says, "close enough."

10) Ironically, Antony got the tragic ending he was after, didn't he? :D

When your final grade for your senior project is in the hands of Raiker Venn, tragedy awaits. :D

Anyway, that is a rather arbitrary attempt to pick out specific things that I liked, because, honestly, the whole thing had me in stitches. Like I said, it's basically perfect.

Thank you so much, Raven!

Glad you liked it! Thanks for reading.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:56 am 

Did we ever decide who's the janitor at the school? Whoever it is, someone needs to call them. There's a huge crack in the fourth wall, and it needs to be fixed.

Thank you Raven for making my day better with this inanity!

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:23 pm 

Aaarrrgh wrote:
Did we ever decide who's the janitor at the school? Whoever it is, someone needs to call them. There's a huge crack in the fourth wall, and it needs to be fixed.

I nominate Bobber. He's the one who usually cleans up my messes around here.

:lol:

Aaarrrgh wrote:
Thank you Raven for making my day better with this inanity!

:hattip:

Always glad to help! Thanks for reading!

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7