It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 6:39 am 

Identity: Male

This is a thread for me to post things that I'm doing for a project called Red Jackie's Run. Whatever could it be?

Concept Art

Jackie's Crew
Jackie
Tishia

Enemies
Guard (Variations 1, 2, 3)
Guard (Variations 4, 5 / Fox & Vash)

Music (thanks, razorborne!)

General
Roundhouse

Snake Eyes
Mines

Solphos: Solphos | Fool's Gold | Planeswalker's Guide | The Guiding Light | The Weight of a Soul
Game design: Pokémon Tales | Fleets of Ossia: War Machines | Hunter Killer | Red Jackie's Run

Last edited by chinkeeyong on Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 6:42 am 

Attachment:
Jackie Concept.jpg
Jackie Concept.jpg [ 155.01 KiB | Viewed 3220 times ]

Solphos: Solphos | Fool's Gold | Planeswalker's Guide | The Guiding Light | The Weight of a Soul
Game design: Pokémon Tales | Fleets of Ossia: War Machines | Hunter Killer | Red Jackie's Run

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:23 pm 

:excite:

...I was trying to decide what excites me most about this, but that's an impossible task, pretty much, because basically everything about this excites me.

And, man-oh-man, do I just love that drawing of Jackie with her skull belt and bandoleers. She looks *fun*. :D

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:28 pm 

Identity: Human
Okay, my first thought is, "isn't wearing all black out in the desert a horrible idea?"

My second thought is, "Oh my god is CKY going to blow us all out of the water and make some sort of game here?"

And of course, like OL, I'm just interested in where this is going and expect that, whatever it is, I'm going to like it.

Quoth the Raven, for truth.
Know your roots.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:34 pm 
YMtC Champ '14
YMTC Pro Tour Champion

Preferred Pronoun Set: they
My second thought is, "Oh my god is CKY going to blow us all out of the water and make some sort of game here?"

they've done it before.

CKY, if that's what you're doing and you'd like another designer to bounce ideas off of, feel free to hit me up. depending on genre I may or may not be much help, but I'd be happy to try.

:duel:

Pro Tour: YMTC: SECOND ONE IS OVER STAY TUNED FOR THIRD ONE
The BLOCK I'm currently pretending I'll finish: Fleets Of Ossia (complete!) | Wavebreak (complete!) | The Second Flood (in progress!)
Razorborne and friends teach music theory to chumps like you: 12tone

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:51 pm 

Okay, my first thought is, "isn't wearing all black out in the desert a horrible idea?"

It would certainly make me melt like a popsicle, but Jackie herself appears to have a preternatural affinity for the Jakkard heat. She comments at one point that it has never really bothered her, and -- while she certainly isn't above gilding her own mystique -- I sort of find myself believing her. Because the things that other people don't like about Jakkard, she likes, and this would fit right in with that.

Maybe it's that not-quite-human blood she's got in her? Or maybe she just likes the heat.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:54 pm 
YMtC Champ '14
YMTC Pro Tour Champion

Preferred Pronoun Set: they
fun fact: I wear all black with a red scarf year round in the San Fernando Valley, which, while developed, is still technically a desert and gets hot as such. it's not all that bad once you get used to it.

:duel:

Pro Tour: YMTC: SECOND ONE IS OVER STAY TUNED FOR THIRD ONE
The BLOCK I'm currently pretending I'll finish: Fleets Of Ossia (complete!) | Wavebreak (complete!) | The Second Flood (in progress!)
Razorborne and friends teach music theory to chumps like you: 12tone

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:08 pm 

It would certainly make me melt like a popsicle, but Jackie herself appears to have a preternatural affinity for the Jakkard heat. She comments at one point that it has never really bothered her, and -- while she certainly isn't above gilding her own mystique -- I sort of find myself believing her. Because the things that other people don't like about Jakkard, she likes, and this would fit right in with that.

Maybe it's that not-quite-human blood she's got in her? Or maybe she just likes the heat.

As someone who has worn all black every day since he was 13, even while mowing the lawn in near-100 degree weather, it honestly isn't that bad. While black clothing does heat up, and retain heat, more than light, the important thing is keeping the sun off your skin and not losing moisture through perspiration and rather trapping it against your skin.

It really is something you get used to.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:23 pm 

As someone who has worn all black every day since he was 13, even while mowing the lawn in near-100 degree weather, it honestly isn't that bad. While black clothing does heat up, and retain heat, more than light, the important thing is keeping the sun off your skin and not losing moisture through perspiration and rather trapping it against your skin.

"For replacing any loss of moisture, I recommend whiskey," Jackie said, as she poured herself another shot. She smiled. "Now, I know the sawbones will tell you that it doesn't work like that, but I'm living proof to the contrary."

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:27 pm 

I keep my room at anywhere from 85 to 95 degrees at any given point.
Then again, it's been said I'm a snake person so...

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 12:13 am 

Barinellos wrote:

Naga, Snake or Snake Human?

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:40 am 

Attachment:
Tishia Teaser.png
Tishia Teaser.png [ 33.96 KiB | Viewed 3139 times ]

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 2:47 pm 

TPmanW wrote:
Barinellos wrote:

Snerson.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:09 pm 

Identity: Human
I guess I'm just used to 50-60% humidity on average. Today, for instance, is only 85 degrees (F), but 55% humidity and it makes being outside for any length of time utterly draining. I mean the joke Jeff Foxworthy makes of "if you work with your shirt off and so does your husband" is kind of what I lived.

Quoth the Raven, for truth.
Know your roots.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:51 pm 

Barinellos wrote:
TPmanW wrote:
Barinellos wrote:

Snerson.

Aaah the sneeple!

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:41 pm 

Attachment:
Tishia Teaser.png

Ooooo... :D

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:00 pm 

Identity: human
Preferred Pronoun Set: he
Tishia has a stunning amount of character.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:39 pm 

Oh cool, there's actually a face! Or was there always a picture, and only I couldn't see it? I thought the "teaser" was a clever joke.

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:30 am 

Attachment:
Concept Art - Tishia.jpg
Concept Art - Tishia.jpg [ 230.23 KiB | Viewed 3017 times ]

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:32 am 

Very cool.

Like this post