It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8044 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 393, 394, 395, 396, 397, 398, 399 ... 403  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:35 pm 

That's Notting Hill. Which is the source of the terrible, horrible pun which you should be very happy if you didn't get (it's also a place in England, which is where the film is set). Starred Hugh Grant.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:43 pm 

Ah, that makes sense. I thought maybe the film had made a 'tie the knot' pun about the place name, faulty memory.

I have a blog. I review anime, and sometimes related media, with an analytical focus.

I'm a (self) published author now! You can find my first book, The Accursed, on Amazon as an ebook or a paperback!

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:31 pm 

Identity: Human
SEE WHAT YOU'VE STARTED, HUEY!?!

I don't have much to say right now, as I'm recovering from food poisoning. I think I ate some bad sushi yesterday, because I woke up at 2:30 in the morning to throw up. Looking back on the day, my body apparently already knew what was up, but forgot to clue me in, because I specifically remember feeling full much earlier than I normally would have, and then later feeling like I had a bit of a sore throat, but I didn't think much of it at the time for various reasons.

Quoth the Raven, for truth.
Know your roots.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:10 am 

Oof, hopefully you're on the mend.

I have a blog. I review anime, and sometimes related media, with an analytical focus.

I'm a (self) published author now! You can find my first book, The Accursed, on Amazon as an ebook or a paperback!

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:26 pm 

Identity: Inertially male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him

You say it like it was a bad thing...

Anyway, I hope you get better soon. Furry jokes tend to get received better when not feeling like crap, scientists report :V

To anybody reading this, including my future selves: have a good life!

My creative archive

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:04 am 

If you believe that then you have not sufficiently tried furry gallows humor.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:39 am 

mjack33 wrote:
If you believe that then you have not sufficiently tried furry gallows humor.

Feel free to point out examples to convince me :D

My creative archive

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:46 am 

Sorry but I don’t want to die today.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:58 pm 

huh... So, I'm coming up on the anniversary of a bad break up and I'm starting to drift into some pretty bad headspace. It occurs to me that normally I've got my anime convention to look forward to, but it was pushed back this year, and without that to distract me and get me through it, it's nastier than in the past.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:07 pm 

Anyone else being forced to play BL3 tomorrow?

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:10 pm 

Barinellos wrote:
huh... So, I'm coming up on the anniversary of a bad break up and I'm starting to drift into some pretty bad headspace. It occurs to me that normally I've got my anime convention to look forward to, but it was pushed back this year, and without that to distract me and get me through it, it's nastier than in the past.

Anything we can do for you, buddy?

Anyway, I hope you get better soon. Furry jokes tend to get received better when not feeling like crap, scientists report :V

I mean, I say it in jest, obviously, but I do think that maybe we shouldn't be trying to taint those that really have no clue what we're talking about. I stumbled into it over the natural course of my adolescence, but people who haven't been exposed tend to react... well, you know what to expect.

mjack33 wrote:

EWWWWWWWWWW. Gross.

And with that out of the way, I will abstain from further discussion on the topic because I've been become quite opinionated on gamin topics, particularly "triple-A" games. I don't need to start blowing up on all of you for my own hang-ups.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:14 pm 

mjack33 wrote:

I don't even know what that is.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:07 pm 
Conqueror of Eldangard

Identity: Male
mjack33 wrote:

I'm glad somebody else asked. Now I can still pretend to be one of the cool kids who knows anything. :cool: BL3, am I right?

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:58 am 

TPmanW wrote:
mjack33 wrote:

I'm glad somebody else asked. Now I can still pretend to be one of the cool kids who knows anything. :cool: BL3, am I right?

If you want to pretend even better this is currently one of the most foolproof google searches i know of.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:00 pm 

Barinellos wrote:

Anything we can do for you, buddy?

I mean, I say it in jest, obviously, but I do think that maybe we shouldn't be trying to taint those that really have no clue what we're talking about. I stumbled into it over the natural course of my adolescence, but people who haven't been exposed tend to react... well, you know what to expect.

mjack33 wrote:

EWWWWWWWWWW. Gross.

And with that out of the way, I will abstain from further discussion on the topic because I've been become quite opinionated on gamin topics, particularly "triple-A" games. I don't need to start blowing up on all of you for my own hang-ups.

I would love to hear someone else rant about it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:34 pm 

I am greatly enjoying the fact that Borderlands 3 has a 4.7 user review score that mostly has to do with it’s awful launch and not much to do with the Epic thing. Game fully deserves most of the hate it’s getting.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:11 pm 

"Playing" Snowbound Blood had me wanting to write something noir/hardboiled-like. For those who don't know (probably anyone reading this with the unlikely exception of Luna) it's a story placed in the setting of a Homestuck AU whose main story is called Vast Error. Here's a brief summary:

The protagonist, Secily Iopara, (all names are 6 letters long because Homestuck) works an investigator/bounty hunter for the highest echelons of the Corporate who de facto controls most known civilization. Secily is called to investigate the suspiciously clean theft of an ancient vial of blood (only missing item in a chaotically organized cargo, driver of truck and two guards executed without sign of struggle) whose legendary donor was said to be able to resurrect the dead. The blood's mystical properties are even more important now, with the planet gradually becoming an inhabitable hellscape despite the efforts of the future head of the Corporate. Secily follows lead after lead in what promises to be the hardest case in her career; it doesn't help that an unknown informer is manipulating her and those close to her to lead Cecily alternatively to world-shattering revelations and deadly danger.

The narration is in second person, and plays as a Visual Novel despite not having significant choices to do except choosing the order with which address topics in conversation. It doesn't take itself too seriously either, with many over the top characters and some leads being emoji-spamming teens and motormouth executives with more luck than sense; even Secily's traits are not immune from being used for comedy relief, like her inability to use electronics and to lie convincingly.

My creative archive

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:42 pm 

Yxoque hasn't been around in nearly two years, but on the off-chance we get a visit one of these days, happy birthday, Yxoque.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:34 am 

Sorry I've been absent the last 10 days. Mostly been overwhelmed by work, not wanting to do anything worth talking about in my off time. A friend did recently convince me to get Divinity: Original Sin 2, and I've been kind of digging that on my own (sadly we didn't have long to play it together). I've found like a dozen different ways to escape the prison island already, and I haven't even explored the entire island yet.

In want of something else I can read at work (without fatiguing my brain with interruptions every other sentence), I started re-reading Erfworld. I do so love the way that world feels; it's not precisely deep in the same way more realistic worlds are, but it's easy to grasp and fun in a way more interesting worlds aren't. Of course, it helps that of all the references it makes, they're all perfectly dated for me, with the first book having nothing later than mid-2000s referenced, and most of it being proper parody like the foolamancer gone mad quoting all the fool's lines from King Lear, or the Knights in Stanley's Service having KISS-style "warpaint."

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:55 pm 

Divinity is one of the best series ever that I can't enjoy because of how realistic it is. I needs me some non finite resources in me games. I've never played Divinity and not dead-ended myself somewhere. This eventually caused a hoarding mentality that made me unable to enjoy experimenting with the games, so I stopped playing them.

This is just a me problem though. They are very good games in my opinion.

--------------

Been playing BL3 with some friends. Unfortunately the developers are slowly reverse-engineering it into Anthem. A bunch of people with no other responsibilities no-lifed the game and then proceeded to complain about already having done everything, so the devs are mid-process of absolutely nuking player progression so that everyone who didn't no-life the game will now be hopelessly behind. They have already nuked the drop rates by something ridiculous exceeding 400%; and they plan to nuke it one or two more times even further. Throw in some limited time events with limited time loot and other blatant attempts to start being like Destiny 2 and I wonder why my friends wonder why I don't like giving money to Gearbox. Thank heavens I'm not one of the poor people actually trying to play this on PC.

--------------

On a positive note me and some friends are greatly enjoying the new Zelda. We also enjoyed Astral Chain (for what it is). And Super Mario World is one of the games that came out for the SNES launch on Nintendo Online service; so I'm really enjoying playing that again.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8044 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 393, 394, 395, 396, 397, 398, 399 ... 403  Next