It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 380, 381, 382, 383, 384
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:09 pm 

I'm almost surprised Japan hasn't done that one yet. I guess the licensing would be harsh unless you filed the serial numbers off like Hyperdimension Neptunia.

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:44 pm 

Identity: Inertially male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him
Ha! I can totally see it as an anime.

To anybody reading this, including my future selves: have a good life!

My creative archive

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:40 pm 

Now I'm just thinking about the Pepsi Man game...

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:53 pm 

Happy birthday, CKY!

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:19 am 

Identity: Human
Now I'm just thinking about the Pepsi Man game...

Pepsi for TV Game, I think you mean.

I also would have accepted ♫Pespi Man♫.

Pleasedon'tkillmerazorborneIdon'tknowanythingaboutmusic

--------

Maybe it's still before midnight where you are, so I'll also wish you a happy birthmas, CKY.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:56 pm 

Hello, beautiful mutants!

So, hey, good news -- I'm neither dead, nor did I fall into a bottomless pit! I'm just a thoughtless jerk!

All kidding aside, things have honestly been pretty rough of late, and that's the main reason why I haven't been around. Without going into too much detail, Mrs. OL has been very sick for most of the year. Now, the good news is, the doctors know what's wrong, and we're doing everything we can to get her feeling better, and the expectation is that -- given a little time -- she's going to make a full recovery. But, in the meantime, things are hard. She feels bad all the time, and we're both exhausted. It has been really hard for me to focus on anything much for the last couple months. And, the longer I went without checking in here, the worse I felt about it, and the more that made me avoid the inevitable reckoning.

There's nothing like a little good, old-fashioned shame-spiraling to promote bad thinking. Do not recommend.

Anyway, I'm sorry to have disappeared like that. And I am especially sorry to all the people I've owed correspondence to for months. I haven't been checking my messages. I haven't written anything since Christmas.

But, hey, I'm not dead! And I'm not leaving. Please believe me, if I was going to leave, I'd tell you all; I wouldn't just ride off on a tiny motorcycle in the middle of the night. And, for that matter, I can't ever imagine wanting to leave, because, even if I never write again -- and, honestly, I have days now when I feel that way, even though I know it's just the cortisol playing tricks on me -- you all are my friends, and that has nothing to do with writing.

So, please, just know that you are great, and remember that you are loved. I'm going to go through my messages as best I can over this next week, and I swear to God I will write everyone back. I'm afraid I haven't kept up with what people have been writing, although I feel confident that it is all wonderful. And I'm going to be better about checking-in, even if it's just to say that I'm alive, and you are great, and you are loved.

So, in summary, I'm alive, and you are great, and you are loved. <3

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:11 pm 

@Orcish: It's really good to hear from you, buddy. I was really starting to get worried. I am very sorry to hear about the Mrs., and I wish her a speedy and full recovery, and I hope that you are in tolerable good health yourself. As we've all said before in one way or another, don't worry about the writing. While I would absolutely be sad if I never got to read another story by OrcishLibrarian, I would feel much, much worse if I never got to read another post by OrcishLibrarian.

Anyway, it made my day seeing you back, even if it will be a bit of a while before you're back "full time." It's been a long few months, both around here and in the outside world, so mostly, I'm just glad you're okay.

:)

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:36 pm 

Welcome back!

We definitely missed you around here. I'm sorry to hear how rough it's been for you, but I'm a firm believer in you and those you care about come first; I'm not going to be upset if you had to take some more time for yourself instead of jumping back in here. A little more bored, perhaps, but not upset.

I'll also commiserate with you about shame spiraling. I've often felt that for... multiple places. One or two weeks flies by and you start thinking, "well, gosh, I'd rather come back with something to say", or, "I just need to finish taking these notes, then I can post those for my triumphant return", but then that self-imposed duty starts building up in my head and becomes bigger the longer I stare at it. Luckily, everywhere I've gone has had people like you all, who are understanding and accepting and welcoming no matter what I have to say.

But it's good to hear from you and I do sincerely hope things start getting better on your end, as it sounds like you desperately need a break.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:49 pm 

I've done the shame spiral myself in the past, even here. So, yeah... I know that's a thing. It's good to hear that you're OK and Ms. OL is expected to be OK.

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:10 pm 

I think we all have done the shame spiral at some point, so there's no judgement here. And considering how shattered I've been over my daughter having tonsillitis for a week, I can't imagine how hard it would be to deal with an illness in the family where your main support person is the person who is ill. You take the time you need, and tell the wife we're sending our thoughts and prayers (I know that sounds like a platitude, but I mean it very sincerely).

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:24 pm 
YMtC Champ '14
YMTC Pro Tour Champion

Preferred Pronoun Set: they
welcome back! there's no shame in taking care of family, and honestly there's no shame in just not being around for a while either even if you didn't have a good reason. I hope things improve quickly for Mrs. OL, and whenever you feel ready to start being more active around here you will, of course, be welcome.

:duel:

Pro Tour: YMTC: SECOND ONE IS OVER STAY TUNED FOR THIRD ONE
The BLOCK I'm currently pretending I'll finish: Fleets Of Ossia (complete!) | Wavebreak (complete!) | The Second Flood (in progress!)
Razorborne and friends teach music theory to chumps like you: 12tone

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:15 am 

Identity: Inertially male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him
Welcome back! My best wishes for a quick and full recovery to Mrs. OL, and for more energy and serenity to you both.

To anybody reading this, including my future selves: have a good life!

My creative archive

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:17 pm 

I was just going through a very old thread and I came upon something I wrote back in 2013. I thought I would share it with everybody.

Enjoy!

If this is going to be a BAT-tle of animal puns, I can take on all you COW-ards. But OWL go easy on you. After all, I deeply CARIBOU-t all of you!

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:46 pm 

needless to say, I echo the many sentiments already spoken your way Orcish, I'm just not that great at saying them, especially in a timely manner

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:09 pm 

I was just going through a very old thread and I came upon something I wrote back in 2013. I thought I would share it with everybody.

Enjoy!

If this is going to be a BAT-tle of animal puns, I can take on all you COW-ards. But OWL go easy on you. After all, I deeply CARIBOU-t all of you!

Sometimes, I can bearly stand all your puns. Oh, no, now Aye-aye'm doing it!

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:50 am 

So, should we just call Raven King of the Puns? Maybe even CROWn him?

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:44 pm 

The world isn't that blackbird and white. It's more shades of grey wolf.

Quoth the Raven, for truth.
Know your roots.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:20 pm 

The world isn't that blackbird and white. It's more shades of grey wolf.

The wolf will be coming back, just you watch...wolf...

Never mind me. I'm just ravin' at this point.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:24 am 

Have you ever considered entering the O. Henry Pun-off world championship? It could be quite the underdog story.

my ego sig

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 380, 381, 382, 383, 384