It is currently Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How's Innistrad?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:27 am 

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
Will it rebuild from Emrakul's invasion? How long will it take?
Is the Church gone?
How are interracial relationships?

Like this post

Post subject: Re: How's Innistrad?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:23 am 

Identity: Male
I never really paid attention to the story of Innistrad 2. Certainly not anything beyond Avacyn's unmaking. As somebody who doesn't know the details though, I'm able to emulate WOTC's writing process. It's all about the broad strokes people!

The world is a lot like it was in Innistrad 1, but the monsters have sometimes have tentacles and are generally more varied.
Human civilization has recovered 90%. The extra 10% went to making the church recover 110%. Without Avacyn there's a desperation to their belief. For all their new power, the church is unfocused and fighting for its legitimacy.

I think interracial relationships inter-race relations will be key in the next Innistrad. We've done the gothic horror and cosmic horror already, next has to be the enemies hidden in plane sight type horror* or the we are the real monsters horror**. Either the monsters are running from the humans, or the humans are fighting themselves. Or combine the two.***

*Think pod people, The Omen, changelings, what conservatives see liberals as, and conspiracies.
**Think Stepford wives, Night Of The Living Dead, dystopias, Planet Of THe Apes' ending what liberals see conservatives as, and conspiracies.
***The inquisition hunts those labelled "monsters" regardless of whether they're a threat. Anybody who speaks out against the inquisition is a labelled a "monster". What people of different views see each other as. And conspiracies.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:27 am 

I believe the answers would currently be

State of the world: A lot of people die. This will be totally glossed over when we revisit. Hanweir's not on the map anymore but everything else is pretty alright

State of the Church: It's the Church of Sigarda now, rather than Avacyn.

State of Creature Type Relations: Monsters and humans are at war, as always. Maybe a brief period of cold war as all sides reel from just about everything with tentacles melting at Emrakul's imprisonment (IIRC)

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:16 am 

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
I believe the answers would currently be

State of the world: A lot of people die. This will be totally glossed over when we revisit. Hanweir's not on the map anymore but everything else is pretty alright

State of the Church: It's the Church of Sigarda now, rather than Avacyn.

State of Creature Type Relations: Monsters and humans are at war, as always. Maybe a brief period of cold war as all sides reel from just about everything with tentacles melting at Emrakul's imprisonment (IIRC)

If MTG's story team will do that, they will certainly outdo Disney Star Wars in the nomination of lazy and illogical storytelling that worships Status Quo as a god. And, again, prove that MTG's story is a joke.

TPmanW wrote:
I never really paid attention to the story of Innistrad 2. Certainly not anything beyond Avacyn's unmaking. As somebody who doesn't know the details though, I'm able to emulate WOTC's writing process. It's all about the broad strokes people!

The world is a lot like it was in Innistrad 1, but the monsters have sometimes have tentacles and are generally more varied.
Human civilization has recovered 90%. The extra 10% went to making the church recover 110%. Without Avacyn there's a desperation to their belief. For all their new power, the church is unfocused and fighting for its legitimacy.

I think interracial relationships inter-race relations will be key in the next Innistrad. We've done the gothic horror and cosmic horror already, next has to be the enemies hidden in plane sight type horror* or the we are the real monsters horror**. Either the monsters are running from the humans, or the humans are fighting themselves. Or combine the two.***

*Think pod people, The Omen, changelings, what conservatives see liberals as, and conspiracies.
**Think Stepford wives, Night Of The Living Dead, dystopias, Planet Of THe Apes' ending what liberals see conservatives as, and conspiracies.
***The inquisition hunts those labelled "monsters" regardless of whether they're a threat. Anybody who speaks out against the inquisition is a labelled a "monster". What people of different views see each other as. And conspiracies.

I like that. Especially the "conspiracies" thing. That would be some rich material.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:59 pm 

Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She
Damn liberals

Edit: its a joke dont hurt me liberals

People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:33 pm 

A big theme of Eldritch Moon was "embracing the darkness" and the humans even now made peace with the spirits.

Maybe a return to Innistrad wll be about integrating human society with the various horrors of the world?

My Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/Carliro

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:42 pm 

Maybe they go that route and the villains are the ones who oppose the change?

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:41 pm 

Human tribalism would be fun. Focus on a fragmented Avacynian Church by having humans across the plane turning to creatures like The Gitrog Monster for protection, or to fulfill the roles of the Avacynian Church. Then you can have someone who believes in some of the Church's tennets working with the vampires, werewolves and stuff to bring order to the rampant tribalism.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:57 pm 

The way I read into the Innistrad 2 lore was that Emrakul's influence was bringing about two new Eldrazi titans, and all the scariest Eldrazi-warped critters were potential titan candidates. I guess that can still happen with Emrakul in the moon. That's my take on Gitrog & co.
Basically I was saying that monster worshipers would be super fun. Heck, one or two monsters worshipping the angels could be cool. If the church's powers against them falater, perhaps vampire could interpret that as a sign they can be redeemed even as a vampire.

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post