It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:01 pm 

Do keep in mind that Kaya could just be Bolas aligned because she's being paid a huge pile of money from Teysa to kill the Ghost Council.....because that's what Bolas wants as well for some reason.

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in an thread with GM_Champion" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against AzureShade when card design is on the line!"

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:22 pm 

Identity: Male
I rather doubt that Kaya has any deep connection to Ravnica. It's a little weird to think of her as the Orzhov leader instead of something like an Orzhov champion.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:26 pm 

AzureShade wrote:
Do keep in mind that Kaya could just be Bolas aligned because she's being paid a huge pile of money from Teysa to kill the Ghost Council.....because that's what Bolas wants as well for some reason.

Which adds an oddity if we make the assumption Bolas wasn't the one responsible for the Obzedat's little pocket plane.
It would be interesting if Azor set them up with it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:36 pm 

While going through a digital copy of the Ravnica RPG book, I ran across some blurbs that I hadn't seen shared in here yet. There are all in the monster stat block section.

Quote:
FIREMANE NEVENA

Chastised by Aurelia after leading a successful assault against a group of guildless rebels, Nevena has distanced herself from the Boros Legion’s leadership and independently pursues her own vision of justice and punishment. Nevena’s willful independence is a source of tension among the firemanes as well as in the upper echelons of the legion’s leadership. How much should a firemane be free to pursue her own agenda, given that her agenda is righteous and just? For now, Aurelia has decided to let Nevena have an unprecedented degree of freedom, but if she betrays any hint of corruption, she will quickly be brought back under close scrutiny.

Quote:
DEBTS PAID

A deathpact angel can give an indentured spirit a clause to escape its bound servitude: if the angel ever dies, the indentured spirit can sacrifice its undead existence to restore the angel to life. Upon seeing the angel drop to 0 hit points, an indentured spirit can destroy itself, its debt discharged as it dissipates, after which the angel returns to life with 1 hit point.

Quote:
STORREV

Storrev is a lich and a leader of the Erstwhile. She is adept at the politics of court, and she is feared for her power to transform dead monsters, from ordinary beetles to the mightiest wurms, into fierce undead horrors. Such creatures accompany her into battle.

Quote:
A felidar is a celestial creature whose nature reflects an inherent devotion to law and order. It resembles an enormous cat with two pairs of downward-sloping horns and prominent teeth. Its blue-gray hide has a silvery, geometric pattern, and its thick white mane falls in an orderly fashion around its shoulders.

Nearly every felidar forms a close bond with one other creature. Winged felidars almost always bond with archons, joining in their relentless pursuit of justice. Other felidars ally with members of the Azorius Senate and form bonds with high-ranking justiciars and ministers, aiding them in enforcing the law and tracking down criminals. Some Azorius felidars form bonds with important prisoners in Azorius custody, ensuring that the felidars can track down the felons if they escape custody.

WINGED FELIDARS

Some felidars boast huge, feathered wings. A winged felidar uses the same stat block as an ordinary felidar, with the addition of a flying speed of 40 feet.

Quote:
ORZHOV SPIRITS

For the members of the Orzhov Syndicate, life as a spirit after death can be a gift, or it can mean everlasting servitude. The process of separating the soul from the body is often willingly undergone by the heads of the oldest and most respected families of the Orzhov oligarchy, resulting in pampered spirits that think they can spend the rest of eternity enjoying the spoils of their decadence. These spirits begin their undead existence as ghosts and use the ghost stat block in the Monster Manual. Over time, however, they tend to shed the nuances of their personalities and become caricatures of their living selves, often turning into specters, as described in the Monster Manual.

Quote:
WINGED KRAUL WARRIORS

Some kraul warriors have a flying speed of 40 feet, as a result of possessing gossamer wings. Their wings give them a higher station among the kraul soldiers. Winged kraul warriors serve the guild as scouts and shock troops.

Quote:
LUDMILLA, THE TUNNEL VIPER

Ludmilla is the last surviving member of the Sisters of Stone Death, the trio of power-hungry medusas who slew Svogthir, the original guildmaster of the Golgari Swarm. Ludmilla no longer has the collective power of her medusa sisters, so she’s been forced to lurk in Ravnica’s undercity, surrounded by hundreds of her petrified victims. She dreams of one day reclaiming control of the Golgari Swarm, or at least causing pain to its current guildmaster, Jarad Vod Savo (whose own sister displaced the medusas from their position).

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in an thread with GM_Champion" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against AzureShade when card design is on the line!"

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:05 pm 

Lavinia is officially on the outs.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:21 am 

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
Let's talk about THE SITUATION.

What are the sides? If I am understaning it correctly, Boros, Selesnya, Dimir, Rakdos, and Simic are loyalists, and Izzet, Golgari, Azorius, Gruul, and Orzhov are traitors. Is there an official stance yet? If there isn't, what are your thoughts?

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:34 pm 

Yes, that is basically the official stance, though we haven't seen what Bolas-aligned Azorius 'Walker has taken over, and we do know that Ral, Vraska, Domri, and Kaya are stumping for their respective color aligned guilds.

Until I read otherwise, my current belief is that some of the Bolas aligned guilds are more knowing aligned than others. We know that Ral is working hand-in-hand for Bolas, as is Vraska (for now until Jace reactivates her memories). Who knows if Domri even knows he's working for Bolas or if some dude in a dark cloak showed up on the street and told him to get his guild to riot for "reasons" and he went with it. Kaya is more than likely getting paid to kill of the Ghost Council for Teysa or Bolas, whoever is paying her and likely has no other allegiance to Bolas past that. Also, with Isperia now a statue, who knows how Lavinia got kicked out of Azorius high command while Jace was away and how Bolas fit in a replacement.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:38 pm 

I heard Dovin Baan will be in control of Azorius. (And under control of bolas, knowingly or not.)

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:44 pm 

Unlikely, as we've seen no art of him on Ravnica yet, though we have seen key art of some new walker that seems to use geometric energy shields.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:46 pm 

How do we know he's WU ?

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:53 pm 

Dovin has a planeswalker deck, so he seems to be in charge of the Azorius.

That planeswalker could be a new character called upon by Ajani in the fight.

My Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/Carliro

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:08 pm 

They confirmed Dovin Baan (accidentally) in a stream.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:29 pm 

Oh, well in that case.....

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:28 pm 

Identity: Male
Interesting that each side of the conflict has each colour appear the same number of times. Fair to say that was decided on before the actual battle lines were drawn. Bolas colors were not given preference.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:10 pm 

Yes, if anything his colours are actually the most ardent fighters against him, since the Dimir don't want competition and the Rakdos want no boss. Only the Izzet overlap with him ostensibly, though the Selesnya, the opposite alignment, are also not under his control, either because he doesn't need them (unlikely) or simply because he really has no way of controlling them even indirectly.

My Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/Carliro

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:11 am 

AzureShade wrote:
Unlikely, as we've seen no art of him on Ravnica yet, though we have seen key art of some new walker that seems to use geometric energy shields.

D&D 3.5 geomancer in Ravnica...

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:55 pm 

Does anyone else think it'd be a flavor win if Ilharg's creature type is Nephilim Boar? I think Agrus Kos's Gruul buddy told Crix that the Gruul once worshipped the nephilim as deities.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:45 pm 

Quote:
mylordcomte asked:
I have to say I'm disappointed. I was expecting Tibalt for Rakdos. He'd go well with them.

markrosewater said:
Bolas wasn’t able to influence the Rakdos under his control.
My head-cannon - Bolas tried. He sent Tibalt to influence the Cult of Rakdos and Tibalt spent all of his time having fun instead.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:25 am 

AzureShade wrote:
Quote:
mylordcomte asked:
I have to say I'm disappointed. I was expecting Tibalt for Rakdos. He'd go well with them.

markrosewater said:
My head-cannon - Bolas tried. He sent Tibalt to influence the Cult of Rakdos and Tibalt spent all of his time having fun instead.

If Tibalt doesn't recognize the events of these Ravnica sets later, he was just black-out drunk the whole time.

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:49 am 

AzureShade wrote:
Quote:
mylordcomte asked:

markrosewater said:

If Tibalt doesn't recognize the events of these Ravnica sets later, he was just black-out drunk the whole time.

Well, he's on Regatha right now and doesn't seem to recognize Chandra, sooooo...

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next