No Goblins Allowed
https://forum.nogoblinsallowed.com/

Return to Return to Ravnica Flavor Thread
https://forum.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=21097
Page 7 of 7

Author:  Moppi [ Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Return to Return to Ravnica Flavor Thread

Seeing Isperia dead like that gave me a punch in the gut.

I'd rather Aurelia dies of the new Guild Leaders... if not turned to stone, crushed by Bolas.

Author:  Barinellos [ Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Return to Return to Ravnica Flavor Thread

Moppi wrote:
Seeing Isperia dead like that gave me a punch in the gut.

I'd rather Aurelia dies of the new Guild Leaders... if not turned to stone, crushed by Bolas.

DEATH TO USURPERS!
We better get a Pierakor card this time.

Author:  Moppi [ Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Return to Return to Ravnica Flavor Thread

Barinellos wrote:
DEATH TO USURPERS!
We better get a Pierakor card this time.

Aye~

I have a feeling that there's something amiss with the Boros. It's been 2 weeks(?) of GRN previews and of all the Boros related-cards arts, no angel other than Aurelia has been seen. My Ravnican lore is not up to date... but aren't Boros angels a fixture in the guild before Aurelia? Or are they gonna hand wave it that Aurelia has made reforms amongst her kin?

Author:  Barinellos [ Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Return to Return to Ravnica Flavor Thread

Moppi wrote:
Barinellos wrote:
DEATH TO USURPERS!
We better get a Pierakor card this time.

Aye~

I have a feeling that there's something amiss with the Boros. It's been 2 weeks(?) of GRN previews and of all the Boros related-cards arts, no angel other than Aurelia has been seen. My Ravnican lore is not up to date... but aren't Boros angels a fixture in the guild before Aurelia? Or are they gonna hand wave it that Aurelia has made reforms amongst her kin?

By rights, THAT woman shouldn't exist since Szadek murdered the ever loving hell out of literally ever angel except Pierakor.
They've already handwaved this once to smoosh their deformed, not 4 wing having, moneymakers in once.

...yes, I'm STILL pissed at the way they changed the visuals.

Author:  TPmanW [ Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Return to Return to Ravnica Flavor Thread

neru wrote:
The guildgates are very interesting. Ral's Gate looks a lot like one end of a portal and I am surprised Tajic has become the hardliner and Aurelia is the cooperative one.

There's a real reach out and work together vs save yourselves and forget the others feel on the Gates' opposing flavour texts. Sounds like the guilds aren't all of one mind here.
Yeah, that was a shocker. I mean, Tajic was teamed up with Teysa and the other maze runners in Dragon's Maze, right? And Aurelia was the hardliner that overthrew Feather.

Author:  AzureShade [ Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Return to Return to Ravnica Flavor Thread

Tajic was captured though by the Ghost Council right? When he and Teysa were "legally" breaking in and some unknown power supersceded guild law....so what happened to him after that before he was turned over to the Boros and/or just released again?

Author:  Jman22 [ Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Return to Return to Ravnica Flavor Thread

So I think the gates are showing who is guild leader. Vraska, Lazav, and Ral show big view gates, and we (generally) assume those are guilds which are Bolaswatch, Gatewatch, and Bolaswatch respectively. Maybe that holds true for Selesnya and Boros too

Author:  neru [ Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Return to Return to Ravnica Flavor Thread

Oh nice catch on the art, it does hold up for Selesnya and Boros, in terms of small, hidden gateway versus big gate.

We also already know who are the guild leaders. They are the guild legendary at mythic, so Aurelia and Trostani are still the guild leaders. All Bolas guilds have planeswalker leaders and all free guilds are still led by a creature. The dissenter (or champion, MaRo's article today left the relationship ambiguous) is the rare legendary cycle.

Author:  Jman22 [ Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Return to Return to Ravnica Flavor Thread

neru wrote:
Oh nice catch on the art, it does hold up for Selesnya and Boros, in terms of small, hidden gateway versus big gate.

We also already know who are the guild leaders. They are the guild legendary at mythic, so Aurelia and Trostani are still the guild leaders. All Bolas guilds have planeswalker leaders and all free guilds are still led by a creature. The dissenter (or champion, MaRo's article today left the relationship ambiguous) is the rare legendary cycle.


TBH was expecting creature leaders for all the guilds in set 1 and 2, and then in set 3 we find out the Bolaswatch become the leaders through events.

Author:  neru [ Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Return to Return to Ravnica Flavor Thread

Set Three is when everything explodes and Bolas is in the open. These sets are meant to have a cold war/film noir feel and show Bolas' conspiracy taking over.

Author:  Heliosphoros [ Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Return to Return to Ravnica Flavor Thread

So gets ourselves the first Planeswalker's Guide for the set: https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/a ... 2018-10-03

It seems like the SCP Foundation took over Ravnica.

Author:  Heartless Hidetsugu [ Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Return to Return to Ravnica Flavor Thread

I consider it a flavor win that one of the best Izzet decks in standard is based around Crackling Drake.

Page 7 of 7 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/