It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5712 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 278, 279, 280, 281, 282, 283, 284 ... 286  Next
 Post subject: Re: Uncharted Realms
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:24 pm 

More likely because he's simply an obsessed nutter who prioritizes Urborg and nature in general.

My Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/Carliro

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:35 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him
Question about the Windgrace planeswalker card. In Planar Chaos, Windgrace was kind of like a planeswalking maro spirit, right? Might that be why WOTC decided to give Windgrace's card a 'lands matter' theme?

I just read Planar Chaos recently, and I wouldn't describe him as a maro spirit in that book. He was, however, obsessed with protecting Urborg and eliminating all artifice from it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:39 pm 

Question about the Windgrace planeswalker card. In Planar Chaos, Windgrace was kind of like a planeswalking maro spirit, right? Might that be why WOTC decided to give Windgrace's card a 'lands matter' theme?

I just read Planar Chaos recently, and I wouldn't describe him as a maro spirit in that book. He was, however, obsessed with protecting Urborg and eliminating all artifice from it.

No more than Freyalise or many other nutters with too much power.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:54 am 

No story today.

I'm starting to get extremely annoyed. As much as I like this storyline, if Dominaria had to be rushed for it you could at least have the decency of having everything ready already.

My Patreon:

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:51 pm 

I miss when supplemental sets at least were kind enough to have a story during their preview weeks. I'd love a Magic Story about one of the new 'Walkers or legends, or to have a throw-back story for Lord Windgrace.....

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in an thread with GM_Champion" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against AzureShade when card design is on the line!"

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:16 pm 

At least Aminatou got some personality description today, kind of annoyed there’s NO lore on Estrid.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:47 pm 

Vega_Z27 wrote:
kind of annoyed there’s NO lore on Estrid.

Headcannon time!

The lore is that we'll be getting "Legends of Innistrad: Estrid's Mask" next time around. Naturally, it will involve Emrakul's attempt to free herself by crashing the moon into Thraben. Emmy will be using Estrid as (or to make) a pawn.

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again

Last edited by Tevish Szat on Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:49 pm 

Vega_Z27 wrote:
At least Aminatou got some personality description today, kind of annoyed there’s NO lore on Estrid.

Despise everything about Aminatou except the bits they ganked off my character from the MEM.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:20 pm 

Vega_Z27 wrote:
kind of annoyed there’s NO lore on Estrid.

Headcannon time!

The lore is that we'll be getting "Legends of Innistrad: Estrid's Mask" next time around. Naturally, it will involve Emrakul's attempt to free herself by crashing the moon into Thraben. Emmy will be using Estrid as (or to make) a pawn.

Aren’t there 4 main vampire tribes? Maybe it’ll turn out they each have a mask our heroes need to stop the moon.

Barinellos wrote:
Vega_Z27 wrote:

Despise everything about Aminatou except the bits they ganked off my character from the MEM.

I know that you tend to not like kids in fantasy settings (like Domri) but what don’t you like about her specifically? Personally I don’t like that she seems too strong. She has way too much power and a power like hers seems like it could have weird ramifications on things to come. Also not a fan of how her power manifests as a “destiny moth”. That just seems weird.

I would have preferred early scarlet witch with occasional probability stuff and maybe a short sight into the future. Her cards could mechanically scry small amounts and still manipulate the top of your library without it really changing who she is.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:58 am 

Vega_Z27 wrote:

Barinellos wrote:
Vega_Z27 wrote:

I know that you tend to not like kids in fantasy settings (like Domri) but what don’t you like about her specifically? Personally I don’t like that she seems too strong. She has way too much power and a power like hers seems like it could have weird ramifications on things to come. Also not a fan of how her power manifests as a “destiny moth”. That just seems weird.

I would have preferred early scarlet witch with occasional probability stuff and maybe a short sight into the future. Her cards could mechanically scry small amounts and still manipulate the top of your library without it really changing who she is.

Well, the article irritated me a great bit, partly because it was just trying SO DAMN HARD to make a point and that always crawls my goat.
But mostly it's that she's a child.
In fairness, I have to unpack that statement.
Yes, she's a child and I just don't like children characters, but it's 2 parts that her powers AND her character mean there's no story in MTG that you can tell with her. She's immensely wasted potential in her powerset, but practically speaking she doesn't FIT as something you can actually use in a story.

Nothing will challenge her because they won't do anything THAT heinous to a child, but also her powers make her bulletproof in the first place. Additionally, they're trying to walk the line between creepy and whimsy and that's tone deaf for a Magic setting to start with.

Also I'm biased because I did it better.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:52 pm 

Quote:
Well, the article irritated me a great bit, partly because it was just trying SO DAMN HARD to make a point and that always crawls my goat.

I see that. That’s fair.

Quote:
Yes, she's a child and I just don't like children characters, but it's 2 parts that her powers AND her character mean there's no story in MTG that you can tell with her. She's immensely wasted potential in her powerset, but practically speaking she doesn't FIT as something you can actually use in a story.

Nothing will challenge her because they won't do anything THAT heinous to a child, but also her powers make her bulletproof in the first place. Additionally, they're trying to walk the line between creepy and whimsy and that's tone deaf for a Magic setting to start with.

Also I'm biased because I did it better.

I didn’t even consider the kind of stories they could tell AROUND her. I think it’s a major part of her character that she’s a child but maybe it would be nice if they aged her a bit. And I think we agree that her powers likely make her nigh untouchable.

Which M:EM character is that? I’ll have to go read.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:24 pm 

Quote:
I see that. That’s fair.

The same scenario cropped up with Kaya too.
I like Kaya though, so I didn't consider the Soapbox she was meant to be until the article came out talking about it.

Quote:
I didn’t even consider the kind of stories they could tell AROUND her. I think it’s a major part of her character that she’s a child but maybe it would be nice if they aged her a bit. And I think we agree that her powers likely make her nigh untouchable.

Aside from a one shot explicitly about her, I can't think of any way to properly use her.

Quote:
Which M:EM character is that? I’ll have to go read.

Alessa Rehn.
The first story is one you can probably skip, it's shoddy by my standards.

Her origin is told in "Gifts"* and a longer work featuring her is "Wild Cards" before finally turning up in the Beryl saga.

*For the record, this one gets dark...

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:44 am 

Today's UR (Magic Story): Chronicle of Bolas: A Familiar Stranger

Quote:
When Yasova and the twins reach Ugin’s grave at last, they find a mysterious-and potentially deadly-stranger awaiting their arrival.

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in an thread with GM_Champion" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against AzureShade when card design is on the line!"

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:42 am 

How do you all feel about Windgrace's colors? I was between BGR and RW myself.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:09 am 

He is a master of mana after all, even if his signatures are . For the longest time I just assumed he was ; makes the most logical sense to compromise between his proficiency at mana with his hatred of artifacts and general helpfulness.

My Patreon:

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:11 am 

Yeah, I always s pegged Windgrace as as well.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:13 pm 

Then again, his species general alignment, the aforementioned mastery in mana and his anti-artifact stance makes the undeniable.

Maybe we'll get a card eventually where he is four-coloured. Everything but makes sense to me.

My Patreon:

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:37 pm 

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:44 pm 

But general Dominarian catfolk were. motivations also continue in the supposedly aligned Windgrace disciples, so one can assume that Lord Windgrace, having lived since Urborg was a forest and having access to mana his kin doesn't have, continues to be aligned with .

My Patreon:

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:13 pm 

Urborg cat warriors were certainly green.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/ ... rseid=3672

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5712 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 278, 279, 280, 281, 282, 283, 284 ... 286  Next