It is currently Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:09 pm 

The Five Worlds [5WD]
Set 1 of 2 in the Five Worlds block
Set size: 269 (101 commons, 80 uncommons, 53 rares, 15 mythics, 20 basic lands)

The attempt to save five doomed planes - is it a plan of desperation, or an act of hubris?

Basic Flavor and Mechanics
Kiress flavor and white/black Kiress commons
Kiress red/gold commons
Zetasyn flavor and green/blue Zetasyn commons
Zetasyn black/gold commons
Antarin flavor and white/red Antarin commons
Antarin blue/gold commons
Coltrorr flavor and black/green Coltrorr commons
Coltrorr white/gold commons
Erealan flavor and blue/red commons
Erealan green/gold commons
White uncommons
White rares
Blue uncommons
Blue rares
Black uncommons
Black rares
Red uncommons
Red rares
Green uncommons
Green rares
Remaining Multicolor uncommons
Remaining Multicolor rares (+1 uncommon)
Lands and common mana artifacts
Remaining colorless artifacts
Hybrid Uncommon cycle
Planar Legends cycle
Planar Charms and Magi
Remaining mythics
Folkir Tamora
The remaining Planeswalkers

White (14/14 common, 7/7 uncommon, 7/7 rare, 1/1 mythic)

Blue (14/14 common, 7/7 uncommon, 7/7 rare)

Last edited by Knight Otu on Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:24 pm, edited 28 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:11 pm 

Black (14/14 common, 7/7 uncommon, 7/7 rare, 1/1 mythic)

Red (14/14 common, 7/7 uncommon, 7/7 rare, 1/1 mythic)

Green (14/14 common, 7/7 uncommon, 7/7 rare)

Last edited by Knight Otu on Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:34 pm, edited 21 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:14 pm 

Multicolored (20/20 common, 30/30 uncommon, 10/10 rare, 12/12 mythic)

Hybrid (5/5 uncommon, 5/5 rare)

Artifact (6/6 common, 2/2 uncommon, 3/3 rare)

Land (5/5 common, 8/8 uncommon)

Last edited by Knight Otu on Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:30 pm, edited 22 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:11 am 

Identity: Male
I like this set very much.

Solphos: Solphos | Fool's Gold | Planeswalker's Guide | The Guiding Light | The Weight of a Soul
Game design: Pokémon Tales | Fleets of Ossia: War Machines | Hunter Killer | Red Jackie's Run

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:04 pm 

Thanks!

I've edited Grand Hierarch Syaren to allow him to not target a creature, and Yidress City Hall bcause of a missing mana cost tag.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:24 am 

Changed Shape of Things to Come's second ability to "As long as a creature card with flying is among your visions, Shape of Things to Come has flying. The same is true for deathtouch, first strike, double strike, haste, hexproof, indestructible, lifelink, menace, prowess, reach, trample, and vigilance." (removed intimidate, added prowess and menace, and mostly alpha'd the list)
Changed Threatening Dead from having and granting intimidate to having and granting menace.

I actually had planned to ignore the upcoming evergreen changes for Five Worlds and its second set, but I figured I could change the few instances of intimidate to menace, and give Shape the ability to pick it and prowess up. I'm keeping protection in the block, and prowess and scry (the latter for obvious reasons) out of it, though.

Changed Might of Scales' fateful hour bonus to "As long as you have 5 or less life, enchanted creature gets an additional +3/+3 and has trample and indestructible." (was +2/+2 and trample)

Changed Imminent Breakthrough's fateful hour bonus to "If you have 5 or less life, the next spell you cast this turn costs less to cast." (was "If you have 5 or less life, instead shuffle your hand into your library, then draw up to five cards.")

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:11 pm 
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

I'm still looking over all of the cards, but so far the set looks good to me. You have a lot going on with key and ability words. Conspire, Fateful hour, Mergeback, Bound, Oracle, Mournrites plus some I may have missed is a lot of keywords. The only problem I found with that is that its hard to properly develop that many keywords in a set. As soon as I started to get past three they started to lose a sense of identity.

Your multicolored cards in particular are well designed and interesting.

Nightsea Reaver might be too strong for a common.

I think Ley Line Seer could just be "Add a mana of a color that shares a color with one of your visions"?

Ephemeron

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:46 pm 

Dudibus wrote:
I'm still looking over all of the cards, but so far the set looks good to me. You have a lot going on with key and ability words. Conspire, Fateful hour, Mergeback, Bound, Oracle, Mournrites plus some I may have missed is a lot of keywords. The only problem I found with that is that its hard to properly develop that many keywords in a set. As soon as I started to get past three they started to lose a sense of identity.

You've caught all the keywords in the set - one per plane, and conspire (and technically protection now, I guess). Yes, six keywords is at the upper bounds of a set, but I think most of the complexity is sitting in the bound keyword. Khans similarly had one keyword per clan, plus morph, with most of the complexity in morph. I think it should work out.

Dudibus wrote:
Your multicolored cards in particular are well designed and interesting.

Thanks!

Dudibus wrote:
Nightsea Reaver might be too strong for a common.

Possibly. Protection from instants and unblockability isn't the best combination to put on a common in retrospect. I'm adding it to my "rework this" list.

Dudibus wrote:
I think Ley Line Seer could just be "Add a mana of a color that shares a color with one of your visions"?

It would be a different card though (and it's from the GUR plane - I'm obviously not against any color mana sources in the set, but it would be less sppropriate) - it's supposed to potentially give you if you work for it... which, now that I think of it, isn't likely to be a good idea at uncommon. Onto the list with it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:25 pm 

Gelesh Heartspeaker's text now says "When Gelesh Heartspeaker enters the battlefield, you may exile another target creature if WW was spent to cast it, then return that card to the battlefield at the beginning of the next end step. If BB was spent to cast it, you may have target player discard a card."

Dark Zenith now a Coltrorr uncommon (was Zetasyn common) New Zetasyn common:
Teratomantic Experiment
Enchantment - Aura (C)
Enchant creature
: Regenerate enchanted creature.
, Sacrifice a creature: Put a +1/+1 counter on enchanted creature.

Slow Reclamation removed. New Antarin common:
Swift Reaction
Instant (C)
Untap target creature. It gains first strike until end of turn.
Draw a card.

Scalewing Shaman now costs , was .

Nightsea Reaver now says "Nightsea Reaver can't block" rather that "Nightsea Reaver can’t block or be blocked".

Ley Seer tap ability now says ": Add one mana to your mana pool that shares a color with one of your visions."

Also, there are two cycles of cards needing some help still before I add them to the thread.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:31 am 

I've changed bound a bit. Now, it only triggers when a creature enters under control, and ends when it leaves your control or the battlefield. New bound reminder text - (When another creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may exile this permanent bound to that creature until it leaves the battlefield or your control.)

Also, I'm adding the Charms, Magi, and Folkir to the archive as they stand right now. Folkir changed a little bit.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:55 am 

I like this set and I hope to see more of it soon!

Solphos: Solphos | Fool's Gold | Planeswalker's Guide | The Guiding Light | The Weight of a Soul
Game design: Pokémon Tales | Fleets of Ossia: War Machines | Hunter Killer | Red Jackie's Run

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:25 pm 

I should be posting the remaining three planeswalkers soonishly, then I'll try and finish the plane flavor and commons threads. After that, I'll likely go White uncommons, black rares and so on. I hope the good impressions stay all the way.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:17 am 

A quick round of changes that may or may not be fixes:

Defender of Harunad is now a 2/4, was a 1/4.

Hallower Spirit's Mergeback ability is now "WW, Put Hallower Spirit from your graveyard on the bottom of your library: You can't lose the game this turn and your opponents can't win the game this turn. Until end of turn, damage that would reduce your life total to less than 1 reduces it to 1 instead."

Watch Detail costs now costs 2WW, was 3WW

Mistglade Sphinx's second ability now reads "Before you oracle, you may choose land or nonland. If you do and receive a vision of the chosen type, draw two cards."

Acidic Chains now costs 2BB, was 3BB.

Deadly Borders now gives -1/-1 to attackers, was -2/-2.

Despicable Dealings now costs 3B and reads
"As an additional cost to cast Despicable Dealings, sacrifice a creature or planeswalker.
If you sacrificed a legendary creature or a planeswalker to cast Despicable Dealings, copy Despicable Dealings.
Search your library for a card, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library."

Husk Drainer now costs 2BB rather than 1BBB.

Watchful Mawling now costs 4GG rather than 5GG

Mental Storm is now rare.

Ogshka Warrior now 2/2 with "Sacrifice another creature: Ogshka Warrior gets +2/+2 until end of turn."; was a 3/2 vanilla.

Spawn of A'Klamarr now has haste, vigilance, and "Whenever a player draws a card, that player loses 4 life unless he or she sacrifices a creature."; was haste, lifelink, and "Whenever an opponent draws a card, he or she loses 2 life and sacrifices a creature."

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:36 pm 

Final changelog. I declare the set as complete (unless there is dire need for errata).

Two cards with the bind keyword action used an outdated reminder text - "(Exile it bound to this creature until this creature leaves the battlefield.)" rather than "(Exile it bound to this creature until this creature leaves the battlefield or your control.)"

Gelesh Battle Strider had the activated ability "WBG: Gelesh Battlestrider gets +3/+3 and gains lifelink, vigilance, and menace until end of turn. Activate this ability only once per turn." Replaced with "Whenever Gelesh Battlestrider attacks, you may pay WB and sacrifice a creature. If you do, untap all attacking creatures, and all attacking creatures gain menace until end of turn."

Godsteel Gargoyle's Mergeback ability is now "Each creature you control gains indestructible and flying until end of turn." for 4WW rather than target creature for 1WW.

Plan of Desperation now a 3WW sorcery that reads "Put all permanent cards from all graveyards onto the battlefield under their owners' control. Exile Plan of Desperation." Was a convoluted mess.

Nightsea Serpent was a 6/3 for 3UUU with "Nightsea Serpent can’t attack unless defending player controls an Island.
Fateful hour — As long as you have 5 or less life, Nightsea Serpent gets +3/+3 and has protection from instants, and all lands are Islands in addition to their types."
Now is 5/5 for 4UU with
"Nightsea Serpent can’t attack unless there are five or more Islands on the battlefield.
Fateful hour — As long as you have 5 or less life, all lands you control are Islands in addition to their types, and Nightsea Serpent gets +4/+4 and has protection from instants."

Resinplate Soldier's activated ability now reads "1RG: Target creature gains haste and trample until end of turn. If that creature has no +1/+1 counters on it, put a +1/+1 counter on it."

Threat of Disobedience replaced with Torching Recruiter
Torching Recruiter 3R
Creature - Human Rebel (U)
Haste
1R, Sacrifice Torching Recruiter: Gain control of target creature until end of turn. Untap it. It gains haste until end of turn.
3/2

Ashsight Drake's mana cost now 1RG (was 2RG), and its curiosity ability is now "Whenever Ashsight Drake deals combat damage to a player, if its power is 4 or greater, you may draw two cards." (was "Whenever Ashsight Drake deals combat damage to a player, you may draw that many cards.")

Rat Herder now costs 3WB and reads "Rat creatures you control have vigilance.
When Rat Herder enters the battlefield, put two 1/1 black Rat creature tokens onto the battlefield."

Sphinxform replaced with Meandering Might
Meandering Might 2GU
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +3/+3 and has trample and "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, you may return target creature that player controls and Meandering Might to their owners' hands."

Traitor to Harunad now costs 2WB and reads "Menace
When Traitor to Harunad enters the battlefield, destroy target artifact or enchantment."

Twin Maws had an erroneous "library" that was supposed to be "graveyard".

Eternal Maw now has "Sacrifice another creature: Regenerate Eternal Maw.", was "If Eternal Maw would be destroyed, sacrifice a creature instead. If you do, remove all damage from Eternal Maw."

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:13 pm 

Welp, more work for me this month.

Like this post