It is currently Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: [FOS] Archers Of Ossia
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:53 pm 
YMtC Champ '14
YMTC Pro Tour Champion

Preferred Pronoun Set: they
(Fleets of Ossia archives)

In a land of nautical warfare, ranged combatants hold a distinct advantage. the greatest among these are the Archers, masters of bows and crossbows, and sometimes, on Blackrock, even siege weapons. fighting from afar, they are a cautious sort, keeping their distance from conflict while laying down heavy suppressing fire. Archers are not the strongest warriors in one-on-one combat, and they don't like to tussle directly with opposing forces, but their support is essential to their Isles' military strategies.

Archers on the Isles

Archers on Kemil: every Centaur is raised knowing how to use a bow. on the Redgrass, a keen watcher can see for miles, so warherds with the advantage in range are heavily favored. the day-to-day Archers, though, tend to be the younger Centaurs, with the keenest eyes. older Centaurs, especially females, often find themselves either in service to the Temple or in positions of leadership among the herd, where they have people to do their archery for them. older males sometimes take up training the young, but more often remain Archers until they die.

Archers on Dragonroost: although a largely peaceable race, the Lizards have practiced recreational archery for centuries. now that war has come, many of them have taken up bows to defend their home. while some archers serve on the pirate ships, more often they are a reserve force waiting on the shores of the Isle to ward off any invaders.

Archers on Blackrock: archery is new to the Isle of Death. Trolls prefer hand to hand combat, but their key strategic position and bountiful resources have forced them to improvise as the war goes on. Archers sit along the Blackridge with massive crossbows and ballistas, lying in wait for enemy ships. they are generally looked down upon by other Trolls for their reliance on "weak" weaponry, but even their greatest detractors will grudgingly admit that they do great work towards keeping Blackrock safe from invasion.

existing archers

archers are cautious, launching attacks from afar until their enemy is no longer a threat. they take the form of a Big Red control deck, using removal and good value bodies to take control of the board before winning the game in their own time. they also have some flying has 'cause hey, come on.

Big Red with race mechanics

so now lords? sure!

Treebow Deadeye-
Creature-Troll Archer (C)
When Treebow Deadeye enters the battlefield, it deals damage equal to the number of Archers you control to target creature you don't control.
"Little lizards make bows from twigs and branches. On Blackrock we do not think so small."
3/3

Master of Bows-
Creature-Lizard Archer (C)
Reach
: Untap target Archer.
"An incautious army is no army at all. Keep your watch, and Dragonroost may yet survive."~Sselik the Quicktongue
2/4

Barrage Captain-
Creature-Centaur Archer (U)
Haste
Whenever Barrage Captain attacks, Archers you control gain ", : This creature deals 1 damage to target creature." until end of turn.
"Ready... Aim..."
2/2

and then this guy

Keeneye Savage-
Creature-Centaur Archer (C)
Deathtouch, Volley (Whenever this creature attacks, it deals 1 damage to defending player.)
"Every living thing has its weak points. A flea can fell a giant if it hits the right vein."~Teachings of the Temple
1/2

pants?

Ringpeak Tactics-
Enchantment-Aura (C)
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature has first strike and reach.
When Ringpeak Tactics enters the battlefield, if enchanted creature is an Archer, that creature deals 3 damage to target creature or player.
The Herdless are outnumbered by orders of magnitude. Their weapons are bows, arrows, and wits, and through those they have survived.

Titanic Arbalest-
Artifact-Equipment (R)
Equipped creature has ": This creature deals 4 damage to target creature."
Equip
There is no such thing as "too big for a Troll."

so that's the classes! next we take a look at a cycle that had to wait until all the classes were revealed, then we'll go look at the rare and mythic creatures from the set. in the meantime, Ossia is 65% complete!

:duel:

Pro Tour: YMTC: SECOND ONE IS OVER STAY TUNED FOR THIRD ONE
The BLOCK I'm currently pretending I'll finish: Fleets Of Ossia (complete!) | Wavebreak (complete!) | The Second Flood (in progress!)
Razorborne and friends teach music theory to chumps like you: 12tone

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:19 pm 
YMtC Champ '14
YMTC Pro Tour Champion

and yeah I know Tactics is a bleed but I wanted to do it so I did red is the second-best color for reach anyway

The BLOCK I'm currently pretending I'll finish: Fleets Of Ossia (complete!) | Wavebreak (complete!) | The Second Flood (in progress!)

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:14 pm 
YMtC Pro Tour Champion
Proud Owner of Mown

It's a pretty minor bleed I would say. Definitely forgivable. The arbalest is a limited bomb holy crap. Resolved it should lock up a game pretty quickly. Not that thats a bad thing. Plus I love tribal themes. 65% done! Congratulations!

Cato

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:45 pm 
YMtC Champ '14
YMTC Pro Tour Champion

Dudibus wrote:
It's a pretty minor bleed I would say. Definitely forgivable. The arbalest is a limited bomb holy crap. Resolved it should lock up a game pretty quickly. Not that thats a bad thing. Plus I love tribal themes. 65% done! Congratulations!

the Arbalest is insanely strong if left unchecked, but it's a huge mana investment to get started, and then a hell of a lot more every time the current wielder dies. you may not even get one activation per payment, since they can kill the target in response. it's certainly strong, and definitely a bomb in the game-changing sense, but I don't think it's unreasonably powerful for the costs involved. it might be cute to add a cost to the activation as well, but that seems super weak.

Like this post