It is currently Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: [FOS] Nomads Of Ossia
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:57 pm 
YMtC Champ '14
YMTC Pro Tour Champion

Preferred Pronoun Set: they
(Fleets of Ossia archives)

Ossia may be constrained by the Infinite Sea, but that doesn't mean it doesn't not host its share of wanderers. these transients are the Nomads, roaming their respective Isles. some are violent, like the Whitewings of Chirom, while others like the Earthkin of Milor seek only peace and quiet, but they are tied together by their unquenchable wanderlust. the Nomads keep no permanent homes, drifting around their Isles aimlessly and never sleeping in the same place twice.

Nomads on the Isles

Nomads on Chirom: Nomads among the Bats are primarily found in the Whitewings. the smaller of the two purebred Bat species, the Whitewings lived deep down in the Isle of Caves before the war came. they constructed Echo Stations to serve as temporary shelters, but they kept no strict home, flitting around the Great Deep indiscriminately. the Whitewings are very curious about what lies at the bottom of the Isle of Caves, having created many theories, ranging from ghosts of long-dead bats, to the truth behind the Flood, to yet more caves in an infinite, never-ending deep. however, in recent years, their attention has been drawn upward, to the war, and they have left their caves behind... for now.

Nomads on Kemil: almost all Centaurs are Nomads to some degree. only two permanent settlements exist on the entire Isle of Mares: The Temple, the religious heart of the Isle, and the Herdless camp inside the Ringpeaks. all the herds roam the Redgrass freely, never staying in one place too long. many among the Herdless are Nomads as well, drifting around the Redgrass hoping to avoid notice from the herds.

Nomads on Milor: the Earthkin, Goldkin, and Lightkin all show tendencies toward nomadity. the Earthkin, however, have truly mastered the craft. they roam the Worldscape without a care, leaving giant rocky paths in their wake. the Earthkin are, by all outward appearances, dull as rocks, driving the other Worldkin crazy with their disregard for the war at hand. of course, underneath this guise of foolishness lies an old, deep cunning, and the Earthkin are slowly, patiently waiting and maneuvering to bring the war to an end.

existing Nomads

Nomads are a tricky but generally aggressive sort. this takes the form of a weenie deck. unlike Barbarians, who push all in on hitting as hard as they can, the Nomads build forces, striking more efficiently when the time is right. they're still an aggro deck, but not as mindless. they also have some combat manipulation to keep the opponent off-guard.

weenie rush with race mechanics

it is cards time!

Mumbling Avalanche-
Creature-Elemental Nomad (C)
Other Nomad creatures you control have haste.
"The stones, the soil, even the hills, they do not want this war. But war we have, none the less."~The Mind of Earth
2/2

Fledgling Herd-
Creature-Centaur Nomad (C)
Fledgling Herd's power and toughness are each equal to the number of Nomads you control.
Every stampede begins with a single hoofbeat.
*/*

Whitewing Raid Leader-
Creature-Bat Nomad (U)
Flying
Other Nomad creatures you control get +1/+1.
The language of Chirom has a thousand words for "War".
2/1

and this thing?

Skyblot Cloud-
Creature-Bat Nomad (C)
Flying
When Skyblot Cloud enters the battlefield it deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
Young Whitewings are sent out in Clouds to find blood. Those who return are celebrated, those who do not forgotten.
1/1

pants? pants!

Scent of Redgrass-
Enchantment-Aura (C)
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and has vigilance.
As long as enchanted creature is a Nomad, it has protection from creatures.
"Cage a Centaur."~Ossian expression meaning "Break one's spirit"

Helm of Screams-
Artifact-Equipment (R)
Equipped creature has haste and can't be blocked.
Equip
"Fear is everything. A foe who can be made to fear is a foe who can be crushed at our whim."~Chilik Whitewing

yay? yay! Scouts next.

:duel:

Pro Tour: YMTC: SECOND ONE IS OVER STAY TUNED FOR THIRD ONE
The BLOCK I'm currently pretending I'll finish: Fleets Of Ossia (complete!) | Wavebreak (complete!) | The Second Flood (in progress!)
Razorborne and friends teach music theory to chumps like you: 12tone

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:05 pm 
YMtC Champ '11
YMtC Pro Tour Champion
YMtC Idol Winner

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/my/mine/himself
Sort of expected to see Djinn here.
I even tried to convince myself that the Elementals were the Djinn faction.

you're like the kind of person who would cast Necropotence irl

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:07 pm 
YMtC Champ '14
YMTC Pro Tour Champion

Mown wrote:
Sort of expected to see Djinn here.
I even tried to convince myself that the Elementals were the Djinn faction.

yeah in retrospect I'm not happy having Nomads as one of the classes because a lot of the races fit the term to one degree or another, and to avoid that I would've had to make 7 of the races have basically no transience whatsoever. but 8-years-ago razorborne didn't take that into consideration, so I'm stuck with what I've got.

The BLOCK I'm currently pretending I'll finish: Fleets Of Ossia (complete!) | Wavebreak (complete!) | The Second Flood (in progress!)

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:10 pm 
YMtC Champ '14
YMTC Pro Tour Champion

also I spaced and forgot Skyblot Cloud needed Screech as well. adding that, removing ability to hit players.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:39 pm 

Identity: Male
I like this tribe, but Skyblot Cloud is a little ridiculous at common.

Solphos: Solphos | Fool's Gold | Planeswalker's Guide | The Guiding Light | The Weight of a Soul
Game design: Pokémon Tales | Fleets of Ossia: War Machines | Hunter Killer | Red Jackie's Run

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:04 pm 
YMtC Champ '14
YMTC Pro Tour Champion

I like this tribe, but Skyblot Cloud is a little ridiculous at common.

yeah I may drop it to 1 damage to creature or player. when I made it I forgot it had to have Screech and I got all excited about having it shock, then when I realized it did I'm not sure I fixed it properly. dropping to gut shot instead of dead.

Like this post