It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:12 am 

Identity: Male
This is a miscellaneous card dump for me to archive my favorite cards I've designed.

Wojek Deadbeat

Creature – Human Soldier (C)
2/1

Skive (When you aren't looking, this creature removes itself from combat. Creatures it was blocking become unblocked.)

"Same kovno, different day."
Mannichi the Surreal

Legendary Creature - Spirit (M)
1/5

: Switch target creature's base power and toughness until end of turn.

"I hate this game."
-Doran, the Siege Tower
Celestial Conjunction

Enchantment (M)

All players take their turns simultaneously. (You untap at the same time, have your upkeep and main phases at the same time, declare attackers at the same time, declare blockers at the same time, and deal combat damage at the same time. Within each phase, the priority for each player follows the normal turn order.)

The Moon was in the sign of the Ram, and the order of the world was changing.
Crimson Bloom

Sorcery (C)

Destroy target creature. Add to your mana pool.

Murder is never clean.
Fishing Wharf
Land (U)

: Add to your mana pool.
, : Look at the top three cards of your library. You may reveal a Fish card from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
Immortal Soul

Creature - Spirit (R)
4/4

Flying
Immortal Soul can't die.

"In all of our hearts lies a treasure precious beyond sacrifice."
-Rinner, Thraben evangel
Beneath the Waves

Sorcery (U)

Put target creature without flying or islandwalk on the bottom of its owner's library.

"Good luck with that plate mail."
–Talrand, sky summoner
Boggart Foulmouths

Creature - Goblin Rogue (C)
3/3

, Swear: Boggart Foulmouths gets +1/+0 until end of turn.

"I got into a shouting match with a boggart once. My ears were bleeding for days."
-Brynn
Toxophage

Artifact Creature - Zombie (U)
2/2

At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice Toxophage unless you pay .

The contents of its stomach are constantly pumped so its voracious hunger is never sated.
Sphinx Storyteller

Creature - Sphinx (R)
3/5

Flying
: Target opponent may draw a card. Any player may activate this ability.

"Quiet now, children. It is time for your host to begin another tale."

Solphos: Solphos | Fool's Gold | Planeswalker's Guide | The Guiding Light | The Weight of a Soul
Game design: Pokémon Tales | Fleets of Ossia: War Machines | Hunter Killer | Red Jackie's Run

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:38 am 

Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She
Stop being so good, it's depressing.

People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:48 am 

I really like Toxophage, Crimson Bloom reminds me of Seismic Spike. Mannichi the Surreal is a remix of Fluxcharger. Does Immortal Soul ability work similar to indestructible? Can it be sacrificed? I assume it survives a black sun's zenith. Does it stay as a 0/0?

Last edited by HARBiNG3R on Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:18 pm 

I love most of these. I worry that Toxophage should be a 2/1. Free 2/2 seems really strong. Depends whether you prefer symmetry or over-cautious balance.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:37 am 

LilyStorm wrote:

You aren't bad yourself.

HARBiNG3R wrote:
Does Immortal Soul ability work similar to indestructible? Can it be sacrificed? I assume it survives a black sun's zenith. Does it stay as a 0/0?

It can't be put into your graveyard from the battlefield, period. You can't sacrifice it. It survives a Black Sun's Zenith as a -X/-X, which means it won't be able to deal any damage, but it can still sit around and block things.

I love most of these. I worry that Toxophage should be a 2/1. Free 2/2 seems really strong. Depends whether you prefer symmetry or over-cautious balance.

It's definitely quite strong, especially in multiples. every turn is a lot though, and Pyroclasm exists. I think it's in the sweet spot where it sees Constructed play but not every deck, or even aggro deck, wants it.

Solphos: Solphos | Fool's Gold | Planeswalker's Guide | The Guiding Light | The Weight of a Soul
Game design: Pokémon Tales | Fleets of Ossia: War Machines | Hunter Killer | Red Jackie's Run

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:35 am 

Ooze Fountain
Land (R)

: Add to your mana pool.
, , Exile X cards from your graveyard: Put an X/X green Ooze creature token onto the battlefield.

The plumbers of Hydropolis double as exterminators by necessity.

2/2

(The card is all art except for the mana cost and power/toughness. The art is a monster-shaped empty space surrounded by nondescript landscape.)
Interplanar Transmizzix

Artifact (R)

, : Find a player in another Magic game. That player may have you exchange target creature you control with target creature he or she controls. Those creatures gain haste until end of turn. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.

It all began when someone told Nob not to cross the streams...
Kederekt Choker

Creature - Octopus Horror (U)
3/3

Flash
Unearth
You may unearth Kederekt Choker any time you could cast an instant.

Its tentacles continue to twitch for hours after its death.
Harbinger of Kozilek

Creature – Eldrazi (R)
9/9

Annihilator 3
Forecast - , Reveal Harbinger of Kozilek from your hand: Put a 0/1 colorless Eldrazi Spawn creature token onto the battlefield. It has "Sacrifice this creature: Add to your mana pool." (Activate this ability only during your upkeep and only once each turn.)

"A storm is coming."
–Nahiri

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:16 pm 

LilyStorm wrote:

Yeah, CKY, think of others for a change. Also I nominated one of your cards for COTW. Which I run. Which makes me important. I am not inferior to you! [runs off] :cry:

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:56 am 

TPzombieW wrote:
Yeah, CKY, think of others for a change. Also I nominated one of your cards for COTW. Which I run. Which makes me important. I am not inferior to you! [runs off] :cry:

Please don't cry. :sweat:

Maruin Crookwicker

Planeswalker – Maruin (M)

+1: Up to one target creature gains intimidate until end of turn.
-2: Put an evil eye counter on target creature. It loses all colors, gains defender, and becomes a Scarecrow.
-5: Target opponent gets an emblem with "At the beginning of your upkeep, you lose 1 life and each opponent puts a 1/1 black Bird creature token with flying onto the battlefield."
Chance's Mythmaker

Creature – Kirin Spirit (R)
2/2

Flying
When Chance's Mythmaker enters the battlefield, secretly choose up to two target creatures. An opponent guesses which creatures you chose. Reveal your choices. If that player guessed wrong, shuffle the chosen creatures into their owners' libraries and Chance's Mythmaker deals 3 damage to that player.
Vatwork Barnacle

Creature - Oyster Horror (C)
1/3

Infect

"The population cluster is progressing at a rate far better than predicted. Accelerate the schedule. Introduce the test subjects."
–Shriekmind Peronus

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:03 am 

Apparently when I'm asked to design the best possible card I can, my first instinct is to make Goblin Piker.

Vanguard of the Horde

Creature - Orc Archer (U)
2/1

You may reveal this card from your opening hand. If you do, at the beginning of the first upkeep, put it onto the battlefield.

"Go forth, my riders. Make pincushions of them before their spears are even in their hands!"
–Zurgo Helmsmasher
Infinity's Child

Creature – Elemental (R)
2/1

Transfigure (, Sacrifice this creature: Search your library for a creature card with the same converted mana cost as this creature and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.)
When you transfigure Infinity's Child into a creature, that creature gains haste until end of turn.

At the very center of Fate's loom is a single thread that touches all possibilities.

(Infinity's Child is in a contest right now so please don't comment on it yet.)

Some things that aren't Goblin Piker:

Qiao Xuan, Grand Commandant

Legendary Creature - Human Advisor (R)
1/1

Sacrifice Qiao Xuan, Grand Commandant: Add to your mana pool. Spend this mana only to cast legendary creature spells. Activate this ability only during your turn, before attackers are declared.

"You are destined for wealth and power, Warlord Cao. I only regret that I will not live to see you on your throne."
Skeletal Dragon

Creature - Skeleton Dragon (R)
5/1

Flying
: Return Skeletal Dragon from your graveyard to the battlefield. Activate this ability only if a Dragon creature you control died this turn.

Flesh fades. Fire is forever.

Last edited by chinkeeyong on Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:54 pm 

Infinity Child is a card.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:25 pm 

Shazzeh wrote:
Infinity Child is a card.

Very clever. In any case, Infinity's Child has been graded, so you can comment on it now if there's some burning thing you wish to say about it.

New cards:

Death by Water

Sorcery (C)

Destroy target creature with power less than or equal to the number of Islands you control.

Drink deep.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:10 am 

Anu, Keeper of Stasis

Legendary Creature - Hound Shaman (R)
4/4

All instances of "until end of turn" in the text of other cards, permanents, and spells are replaced with "for the rest of the game."

"Every second is a lifetime and every moment a breath. Still your heart, and the world stills with you."
Burn the Hours

Enchantment (R)

All instances of "at the beginning of your upkeep" in the text of other permanents you control are replaced with ":".

Time waits for no one, and no one waits for time.
Original version
Chance the Vagabond

Legendary Creature - Human Rogue Wizard (M)
2/2

Haste
: Choose target creature, then secretly choose one – Draw two cards; or destroy the chosen creature; or Chance the Vagabond deals 5 damage to the chosen creature's controller. After you choose a mode for this ability, that creature's controller guesses which mode you chose. Reveal your choice. If that player guessed right, counter this ability.

Last edited by chinkeeyong on Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:51 am, edited 5 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:58 am 
Desperately Wants A Custom Title

Identity: Man
I really like Death By Water. It's a really clever design.
Too bad it has rules text :p

My Cube | My Designs | My Blog | My Art
Creator of Max and Mill! Current strip: 1.3.1
Silver Soraka Main

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:27 pm 

Burn the Hours is amazing. I wish to play it in every deck I own.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:47 am 

Yestergale

Creature - Elemental (C)
3/3

When Yestergale enters the battlefield, return target creature to its owner's hand.
Evoke - Make dramatic whooshing noises.

"Whoop, whoop, whoop! The rivers gulped. The stones groaned. Even the trees had to hold on to their branches!"
-Clachan Tales
Yonderflutter

Creature - Elemental (U)
0/0

Yonderflutter enters the battlefield with two +1/+1 counters on it.
, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Yonderflutter: Draw a card. You may play an additional land this turn.

What if everywhere that ever was had a child with everywhere that is yet to be?

I remember designing a really cool rare for one of my old sets on the WotC forums and I want to preserve it for posterity, so here it is:

Quote:
Pinnacle of Evolution

Creature - Shapeshifter (R)
0/0

You may have Pinnacle of Evolution enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield, except it enters the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter on it.

Harder. Better. Stronger. Faster.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:56 am 

Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She
Work it.

People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:21 am 

Just posting here so that this thread shows up in "view your posts" when you post in it.
Burn the Hours is really cool, though I reckon it'd be used to prevent upkeep triggers as often as make them happen. I wonder if you could stop it from being used that way?
EG For each ability on a permanent you control with "at the beginning of your upkeep", copy that ability on the same permanent, except the copy replaces "at the beginning of your upkeep" with "r:".
That's terribly complicated, but possibly opens up new design space at the same time.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:39 pm 

I actually like Burn the Hours as it is. The flexibility of shutting down upkeep triggers in non-red decks is really cool.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:08 pm 

The "problem" is that you shut down your own negative upkeep triggers like Cosmic Larva. I didn't even notice this was symmetrical, that could be bad if you happen to play against another red deck

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:49 am 

Flopfoot wrote:
The "problem" is that you shut down your own negative upkeep triggers like Cosmic Larva.

Unintended combo interactions that enable whole new archetypes are upside in my book.

I do agree it should affect only your own permanents though. Edited.

Last edited by chinkeeyong on Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next