It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:32 pm 
YMtC Champ '08

So these started as random Curses I was going to make in a game thread until I realized they kinda had their own flavor.

Whereas Curses are ongoing effects that make opponents's life difficult, Heists paint a target on their back, marking them for a job that, once done, gives you benefits. In a duel the uses are pretty straightforward; in multiplayer it introduces some political elements where you can use the Heist to dissuade a specific player from being attacked or even as a bargaining coin to make someone else do the job for you (hit the player with my Heist and I do X for you).

Midnight Break-In

Enchantment -- Aura Heist
Enchant opponent
When enchanted opponent is dealt combat damage, sacrifice Midnight Break-In. When you do, that player discards two cards.

Loot the Dragon's Hoard

Enchant opponent
When enchanted opponent is dealt combat damage, sacrifice Loot the Dragon's Hoard. When you do, create three Treasure tokens.

Assault at the Nicily Precinct

Enchant opponent
When enchanted opponent is dealt combat damage, sacrifice Assault at the Nicily Precinct. When you do, Assault at the Nicily Precinct deals 4 damage to that player.

Commercial Espionage

Enchant opponent
When enchanted opponent is dealt combat damage, sacrifice Commercial Espionage. When you do, create a token that's a copy of target permanent that player controls.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:20 am 
Conqueror of Eldangard

Identity: Male
Interesting. In 1 vs 1 they're just situational spells. But in multiplayer they make attacking your enemy a tempting proposition.
There was a supplemental product CKY designed with a similar mechanic and identical name. viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9334

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:21 am 

Preferred Pronoun Set: he
By calling them Heists you kind of restrict yourself to the combat-damage trigger. It seems like there's a lot of design space in other triggers too.

Like this post