It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stolen Secrets
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:11 am 

Identity: Spambot
Preferred Pronoun Set: 0, 1
Stolen Secrets :1::u::u::b:
Instant
Counter target spell. If that spell is countered this way, exile it instead of putting it into its owner's graveyard.
As long as that card remains exiled, you may cast it, and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast that spell.

It's like Dismiss, except dismiss is probably too strong for the 2020 standard power curve, so it has a really awkward multicolored manacost to balance it out.

Generally speaking, having a guaranteed nonland drop at the stage of the game when you're using 4cmc counterspells is better than drawing a card, and you do get to choose your target, but your opponent's cards will often only be good in their specific deck because of synergy reasons or because they're running a different gameplan than you, so it's weaker in some ways and stronger in others. Overall, I think it's reasonably costed at 1CDD.

Like this post

Post subject: Re: Stolen Secrets
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:46 am 

It's more like a weaker Spelljack. That said, I think a discount of 2 and shift to multicolor makes it fair with having to pay for your stolen spell.

I have a blog. I review anime, and sometimes related media, with an analytical focus.

I'm a (self) published author now! You can find my first book, The Accursed, on Amazon as an ebook or a paperback!

Like this post