Mental Fatigue 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Pundercap'n Longshanks 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 45
Total voters : 15
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:57 pm 
YMtC Champ '14
YMTC Pro Tour Champion

Preferred Pronoun Set: they
geez I was the wrong person to try to do this, wasn't I? well, might as well keep trucking on! again, run-off with the top 3 later on so vote liberally.

Animatior's Achivement
Enchantment - Saga (R)
I: Exile a creature card from your graveyard.
II: You lose life equal to the converted mana cost of the card exiled with this enchantment.
III: Put the card exiled with this enchantment onto the battlefield.

Confused Loyalty
Enchantment - Aura (R)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature is simultaneously controlled by each player.

BelangiaJo wrote:
Sudden Realization -
Instant | C
As an additional cost to cast Sudden Realization, discard a card.
Draw a card.
Cascade (When you cast this spell, exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a nonland card that costs less. You may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom of your library in a random order.)

Tangle Myr
Artifact Creature - Myr (C)
: Add .
The elf looked into the face of the world, and the world looked back in kind. The homogeny of Mirrodin's corruption was complete.
0/1

Echo_Robin wrote:
Street Vendor |
Creature - Human (R)
, Sacrifice a Treasure: Create a Food token.
, Sacrifice a Food: Create a Clue token.
, Sacrifice a Clue: Create a Treasure token.
1/1

Mown wrote:
Boreal Gale
Sorcery
Each player sacrifices two creatures with flying.
When griffings take flight, summer comes to Icehaven.

BelangiaJo wrote:
Campfire Storytime -
Enchantment | U
Whenever a creature that has an Adventure enters the battlefield under you control, you may cast a copy of its Adventure without paying its mana cost.
Late at night, townsfolk gather around the fire to hear tales of brave knights wooing fair maidens and slaying dragons in distant lands.

Selena's Hush
Instant
Counter target non-Elf spell.
"By ancient law, vedalken, you are trespassing."

Wander the Prison Garden
Instant
Detain target creature. It explores.
(Until your next turn, that creature can't attack or block and its activated abilities can't be activated. Its controller reveals the top card of their library. They put that card into their hand if it's a land. Otherwise, put a +1/+1 counter on the targeted creature, then that creature's controller puts the card back or into their graveyard.)
Leilarc marveled at the irony of it all. The most beautiful place she'd ever seen, imbued with an implacable dread that she would never be able to leave it.

AzureShade wrote:
Gulping Maw
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant a creature you control.
Flash
When Gulping Maw enters the battlefield, exile target creature until Gulping Maw leaves the battlefield.

neru wrote:
Quarantine
Enchantment
When Quarantine enters the battlefield, exile target artifact or creature until Quarantine leaves the battlefield.
Players can't proliferate.
The survivors could only smelt a little at a time, but dawnsilver gave them a fighting chance against the spread of the oil.

Dudibus wrote:
Mental Fatigue
Instant (U)
Draw a card.
Draw a card and lose 1 life.
Discard a card, then draw a card.

Cato wrote:
Plundercap'n Longshanks :2::u:
Legendary Creature - Pirate
Whenever a spell or ability you control causes an opponent to pay mana, you create that many treasure tokens.
:t:: Tap target creature unless its controller pays :1:.
2/2
"I'M a criminal? The real criminals are the customs officers who take your cargo and just throw it away!"

:duel:

Pro Tour: YMTC: SECOND ONE IS OVER STAY TUNED FOR THIRD ONE
The BLOCK I'm currently pretending I'll finish: Fleets Of Ossia (complete!) | Wavebreak (complete!) | The Second Flood (in progress!)
Razorborne and friends teach music theory to chumps like you: 12tone

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:00 am 
YMtC Champ '14
YMTC Pro Tour Champion

Preferred Pronoun Set: they
bumping for more votez

:duel:

Pro Tour: YMTC: SECOND ONE IS OVER STAY TUNED FOR THIRD ONE
The BLOCK I'm currently pretending I'll finish: Fleets Of Ossia (complete!) | Wavebreak (complete!) | The Second Flood (in progress!)
Razorborne and friends teach music theory to chumps like you: 12tone

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:12 pm 

No offense but there are a few of these I'm not sure why they even got nominated let alone won a week, unless it was a kind weak week.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:21 pm 

I like Animatior's Achivement (except for the grammar, unless I'm missing something) and Campfire Storytime. That's about it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:04 pm 

Animator's Achievement - Fine weaker Reanimate I guess. Two turns where your strategy can be interrupted first though, one of which leaves you down a target for a better reanimate and the other puts you down some health with no gain. Still a 1 mana Reanimate so I feel I can't be too harsh but this feels like a lackluster card. Also Animator makes me think more blue bringing puppets or something to life.

Confused Loyalty is one of two cards in here I genuinely hate. This is such a dumb card and not even good dumb. "Simultaneously controlled by each player" is just such a damn headache for nothing.

Sudden Realization is a fun card. A variant on a tried and true formula in an interesting way.

So Tangle Myr is either Copper Myr or Lanowar Elves. Ehh it's fine but this is a more boring way to do a twist on a classic.

Street Vendor is...I don't think I want to be buying me pies from the same dude who sells chests and bloody hunks of glass (among other things). He seems fine but probably way less fun or quirky than he seems.

Boreal Gale. Alright this is a neat one. Makes me think Green should get more stuff to make people sac flyers.

I like Campfire Storytime. It's a good take on a mechanic.

Selena's Hush is a very good kind of card. I don't think it wows me but it seems good. Worse Counterspell though. Maybe could also hit activated abilities of a non-Merfolk permanent?

Wander the Prison Garden - Ehh whatever. Especially since being an Instant it can just be used at the end of an opponent's turn to get the advantage with no drawback. Being able to Detain for 1 at Instant speed also seems quite disruptive and I just don't think I like it.

I remember seeing it said that Green could get this style thing but just hasn't for whatever reason. I feel like this should require like lower toughness on the target or something to justify the enchanted creature eating it and this gives more weird mental images than most cards. But mechanically it seems fine.

Quarantine is fine. It's a card that exists and I could imagine people wanting.

Mental Fatigue is the other card I hate here. If these were people, this would be that annoying **** who is always trying to go "technically". There is no reason to word the card this way besides "Well I can". Just make the discard part of the cost, have it draw three cards, and then you lose a life. Yes I know that this way you can activate it on an empty hand to draw two. No that doesn't make it less tedious to look at.

Plundercap'n Longshanks has a weird name. Demanding bribes which get paid not only with mana but actual treasure seems great though.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:39 pm 
Conqueror of Eldangard

Identity: Male
razorborne wrote:
geez I was the wrong person to try to do this, wasn't I? well, might as well keep trucking on! again, run-off with the top 3 later on so vote liberally.

You don't control my voting preferences! I happen to always vote pro-evil.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post