It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 27  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:03 pm 
YMtC Pro Tour Champion
Proud Owner of Mown

Needs P/T.

Cato

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:04 pm 

Common #8

Blossomtender
Creature - Human
Exile Blossomtender from your graveyard: Add .
"Lay me in the forest, so that death may not rob me of purpose."
2/2

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:53 pm 

Common #9

Firewater Bottle
:3:
Artifact
:3:, :t:: Target creature gets +3/+3 until your next turn. Put a -1/-1 counter on it at the beginning of your next upkeep. Activate this ability only when you could cast a sorcery.

I have a blog. I review anime, and sometimes related media, with an analytical focus.

I'm a (self) published author now! You can find my first book, The Accursed, on Amazon as an ebook or a paperback!

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:56 pm 

Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
Dudibus wrote:
Needs P/T.

Fixed

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:19 pm 

Common #10

Wilt -
Sorcery
Put a -1/-1 counter on target creature.
Threshold - You may also destroy target land.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:16 pm 

Uncommon #1

Weather-Worn Tipi
Enchantment (U)
At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain 1 life.
Threshold - , Sacrifice Weather-Worn Tipi: Exile target creature you control, then return it to the battlefield under its owner's control. Activate this ability only if seven or more cards are in your graveyard.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:04 pm 

Uncommon #2

Sorrow to the Descendants
:2::b::b:
Sorcery {U}
Each player sacrifices a creature or planeswalker, sacrifices a land, discards a card, and loses 1 life. Each opponent sacrifices an enchantment.
Seventh Generation

I have a blog. I review anime, and sometimes related media, with an analytical focus.

I'm a (self) published author now! You can find my first book, The Accursed, on Amazon as an ebook or a paperback!

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:55 pm 

Uncommon #3

Ancestral Focus -
Instant | U
Exile all but up to seven target cards from among all graveyards. Exile Ancestral Focus.
Draw a card.
Look beyond the stars for guidance. Our ancestors have laid out our path forward.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:50 pm 

Strangers' Plague
:4::b::b:
Enchantment - Aura {M}
Enchant Creature
At the beginning of each upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on enchanted creature.
When enchanted creature dies, create two tokens that are copies of Strangers' Plague. Attach one to target creature and the other to another target creature.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:36 pm 
YMtC Pro Tour Champion
Proud Owner of Mown

Ancestral Wisdom - EpicLevelCommoner - This is the card that actually broke Seventh Generation for me. It's a fine card that shows me exactly why Seventh Generation is a bad idea.
Tribal War Poet - Pacific Ninja - Exert fits the flavor of the Chakabresh perfectly. I am considering putting this mechanic into my set. It works on multiple color levels which I like more than a mechanic per color. As for the card, its flavorful and mechanically sound.
Pulse of the Misiweskamik - Tevish Szat - flavorful, however I think too strong for common. Other than that, very solid.
Corrupted Storyteller - Pacific Ninja - basic, simple utility card that all sets need. Flavor in on point as well.
Gobble - BelangiaJo - Now, this is an interesting idea. I think you did a good job of defining the sins. I thought for a while about other we could add, but you did it right. My issue is discouraging people from attacking. I don't mind a one off, but if you were to put sins across the set it might slow the game down or create some un-fun times. Flavor is off the charts good.
Bear's Guide - EpicLevelCommoner - Great common for the set. Bestow and totem armor take the 2 best aura implementations I can think of and put them together in a flavorful and playable way.
Blossomtender - Pacific Ninja - Flavor and function are perfect for the set really. I particularly like the tension between this and Threshold.
Firewater Bottle - Tevish Szat - The reference to Fire Water makes me a little uncomfortable. A common that can kill repeatedly is like an uncommon. I don't think it too strong, just not common.
Wilt - Captan_Lunch - I have always loved black getting land destruction myself, and the use of threshold allows the mana cost for it here. Plus utility -1/-1 is nice.
Weather-Worn Tipi - Pacific Ninja - There is nothing I don't love about this card.
Sorrow of the Descendants - Tevish Szat - Despite me deciding to scrap Seventh Generation in its current form, this is the kind of card I would have wanted to see. Fuels Threshold. It is likely a little too punishing for recursion, but that is my fault with the mechanic.
Ancestral Focus - BelangiaJo - This card immediately went into my card file for the set.
Strangers' Plague - Tevish Szat - I would have to see this card in action, but you did an excellent job of it. Strong, playable, properly costed and very ymtcish. The cost, while it had to cost that I think, is likely too high for it to see play. Maybe you could get away with ? But I am not sold on that.

First: Weather-Worn Tipi - Pacific Ninja
Second: Ancestral Focus - BelangiaJo
Third: Wilt - Captan_Lunch

You are up Pacific Ninja!

Cato

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:30 pm 

Spirits of Souveaux

Long ago, the spirit realm and the intransient realm of Souveaux were thrust together in an event called the Coalescence.
: Spirits reside in all colors! Spirits all have agency, although how this manifests varies wildly!
: The Kithkin of Souveaux, who have access to their own thoughtweft, much like their Lorwyn cousins. They live in villages across all of Souveaux. The thoughtweft has made integration with spirits seamless, as spirits often find themselves attracted to its empathetic web.
: Largely consists of spirits of the sky, the sea, and of ideas.
: Back before the Coalescence, Spirits would fade and reform, in a constant dance that mimed our own circle of life and death. While that mostly holds true post-Coalescence, some spirits find themselves losing what they were, becoming something that should never be. This corruption has become centralized in specific areas of Souveaux, twisting the land, with the dead unable to rest.
: Nomadic Hunters of various tribes. They hunt in reverence, killing beasts and spirits running amok as much as venerating them. There are elementals, spirits possessing the very grounds of Souveuax.
: Consists of the usual nature and in addition, those who have taken spiritual harmony a step further, accepting spirits into their essence. While they retain their consciousness, its true that they have become something more.

Mechanics:
Convoke
The web that is the Kithkin thoughtweft has only become stronger from the influx of spirits attracted to their collective consciousness.
Evoke
Blue spirits are as indelible as they care to be. Sometimes they are here to stay, more often they are not.
Flux (When this creature dies, add X B, where X is this creature's mana cost.)
The corrupted spirits never know true rest, nor do they know permanent form. Their virulence only ever gives way to more virulence.

I had two other mechanics for the last colors but I scrapped them.

Nocuous Shade
Creature - Spirit
When Nocuous Shade enters the battlefield, you may sacrifice a creature. If you do, Nocuous Shade gets +1/+0 and gains haste until end of turn.
4/2

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:46 am 

Common #2

Disorganized Thoughts -
Sorcery | C
Draw a card.
Draw a card at the beginning of your next end step.
Draw a card at the beginning of your next upkeep.
Ideas are never too far...

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:23 pm 
YMtC Pro Tour Champion
Proud Owner of Mown

Selfless Nomad
Creature ─ Spirit Druid (C)
: Add .
Sacrifice Selfless Nomad: You may play an additional land this turn.
2/1
It wandered the world until it finally realized why.

Cato

Last edited by Dudibus on Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:31 pm 

Unclean Concept
:4::b:
Creature - Spirit Horror {C}
Whenever a creature dies, you may sacrifice Unclean Concept.
Flux
3/5

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:46 pm 

Kithkin medium :2::w:
Creature-Kithkin cleric
Vigilance
When another creature you control dies, you may pay :1:, if you do put a +1/+1 counter on cardname.
"It listens to the thoughtweft not to hear others, but to notice their absence."
2/2

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:27 pm 

Common #6

Second Thought
:3::u:
Creature - Spirit
Flying
When Second Thought enters the battlefield, return target instant or sorcery from your graveyard to your hand
Evoke :2::u:
2/2

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:31 pm 

Common #7

Soul Fighter -
Creature - Human Warrior | C
Whenever you sacrifice a creature, Soul Fighter gets +1/+0 and gains first strike until end of turn.
2/2

Last edited by BelangiaJo on Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:21 pm 

Common #8

Spiritual Harmony
:g::g:
Sorcery
Put a +1/+1 counter on target spirit.
Put a +1/+1 counter on target non-spirit creature.
Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:00 pm 
YMtC Pro Tour Champion
Proud Owner of Mown

Excise the Unworthy
Sorcery (C)
Convoke
Exile target creature.
Some spirits had to be taught that being attracted to the Thoughtweft was not an invitation.

Cato

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:11 pm 

Common #10

Energy Elemental -
Creature - Elemental | C
Haste
Energy Elemental attacks each turn if able.
, , Sacrifice Energy Elemental: Energy Elemental deals 2 damage to target creature.
1/1

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 27  Next