It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:04 am 
YMtC Idol Winner

Preferred Pronoun Set: she/her/hers
Undefined Parliamental -
Creature - Elemental
Undefined Parliamental's power and toughness can't be equal to 0.
When one has rejected both the possibility of the deal and the possibility of no deal, whatever Remains - however impossible - must be true.
*/*

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:55 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set:
you ever have friends who play magic but have never really gotten into design, but they have ONE card that they've been nursing for years? This reminds me of my friend Coppa's pet dream card:

[[Lich Variant]]
Creature — Zombie Wizard
Hexproof, indestructible
Your life total can't be lower than ~'s toughness.
4/N

The key was N. He felt VERY strongly about this. I told him it should just be 4, that he should forget about the hexproof/indestructible, and colorshift it to white, and it'd be a really solid design, but he just kept saying, "no, it's just N." and i'm like ok but what is n equal to, you have to define the variable, and he just kept saying "no, it's just N! it's what your life can't be lower than!"

so I guess (playing along with this madness) it'd be 0 by default, and if you had a Worship in play maybe it'd be 1, and if you managed to get Prodigious Growth on it it'd be an Elderscale Wurm?

We argued for like 20 minutes about this, but at the end of it i had to give up and accept that the fact that it didn't really make sense was the main appeal of it to him. This basically has that same problem in that variables in this game need to be defined, so it's really more of a thought experiment than a card. But I'm still happy you posted it, and appreciate that these forums wouldn't be the same without designers like you (and Riorvard and Q) who push the boundaries of what cards can do with off-the-wall designs like this one.

[[Edit: I didn't actually read the title! I just saw "oh Eph has a new thread that no one's responded to, lemme get in on that" and therefore wrote all the above without knowing it was in reference to the absurdity of current events.]]

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:04 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
Eph wrote:
Undefined Parliamental -
Creature - Elemental
Undefined Parliamental's power and toughness can't be equal to 0.
When one has rejected both the possibility of the deal and the possibility of no deal, whatever Remains - however impossible - must be true.
*/*

Huh...
I think it's fair to say that undefined and nonzero power and toughness of a creature are both positive and negative at the same time. And any creature with negative toughness goes to the graveyard, immediately.
:V :V :V

War of the spark will have so many Planeswalkers, they won't even be planeswalking anymore.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:53 pm 

Identity: Male
Not too long until they have to define the card's P/T now. You can't hide in Schrodinger's box forever.
Man, 3 years in and I still can't believe Britain actually went and got themselves into this mess.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post