It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Some Arab Princes
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:28 pm 

Not sure if I've ever mentioned this on here, but I've been studying Arabic for a while. So after a long while seeing the culture and names, I decided to make some cards for it. Starting with this cycle of legendaries. Amir means Prince or Commander, I just went with the Arabic word to help the vibe of them. It is also a valid name but in these cases it is just a title. The Plane is going by the name of Mamalik (literally Kingdoms) and the kingdoms are Emirates, which is literally just the land ruled by an Amir (Think the UAE).

Amir Jamal, Master of Filibusters
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor
Vigilance
Spells your opponents cast cost an extra one of each color of mana in that card's casting cost to cast (For example, if a card costs it now costs . Colorless isn't a color.)
3/4

Vigilance because you have to remain standing on your own while filibustering. He's just a typical white control style thing. Probably actually a huge pain in the tail but I got the idea.

Amir Jawad, Wise Leader
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard
Flying
When you cast this spell, you may draw X cards then put three cards from your hand on top of your library in any order, where X is the amount of mana spent to cast ~.
Whenever an opponent casts a spell, that player may pay . If they don't, draw a card.
2/6

Was gonna be straight up draw 7 but I thought that was too much for a 7-drop so I then made it return some. But also changed to Prossh style to scale if you have to recast it or there are things increasing the cost.

Amir Abdullah, the Devoted
Legendary Creature - Human Cleric
Lifelink
Other creatures you control with lifelink get +1/+1.
Pay 7 life: Return target creature with converted mana cost 3 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.
2/4

Lifelink tribal. As well as a legendary Cleric in WB if you want more.

Amir Monsour, Matchless General
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier
Double Strike
"The Emirate of Maeraka has one of the strongest armies in all of Mamalik, always lead by it's renowed Amir and his blessed sword Aintisar."
2/3

A more Isamaru, Hound of Konda legendary design. Very simple but pushed. One red additional for +0/+1 and double strike.

Amir Mahmoud, Blessed by Nature
Legendary Creature - Human Shaman
Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may pay . If you do, gain life equal to the number of lands you control.
, : Reveal the top 3 cards of your library. You may put a land card from among them onto the battlefield. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
2/5

I've been constantly fiddling with the exacts of the lifegain ability. I know I want it to be land-based life gain so I refuse to change that but the exacts keep seeming just not quite right.

Like this post

Post subject: Re: Some Arab Princes
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:32 am 

I wanna bump but also don't wanna just bump, so take a cycle of Envoys for them.

Envoy of Siasa
Creature - Human Advisor Scout
Defender
: Tap target creature.
1/4

Siasa means Politics or Policy.

Envoy of Maktaba
Creature - Human Wizard Scout
When ~ enters the battalefield, choose one-
*Scry 3
*Draw a card
3/2

Maktaba means Library.

Envoy of Marasim
Creature - Human Cleric Scout
Lifelink
~ gets +1/+1 as long as you control a legendary creature.
1/1

Marasim means Ceremony

Envoy of Maeraka
Creature - Human Soldier Scout
Haste
When ~ attacks if it didn't enter the battlefield this turn, it gains menace until end of turn.
2/1

Maeraka means Battle.

Envoy of Bustan
Creature - Human Shaman Scout
When ~ enters the battlefield, reveal the top card of your library. If it's a land, you may put it into play tapped. Otherwise, you may put it on the top of bottom of your library.
: Add
1/2

Bustan means Orchard.

Like this post