It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 28  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:48 am 
Desperately Wants A Custom Title

Identity: Man
Hit the deck!

My Cube | My Designs | My Blog | My Art
Creator of Max and Mill! Current strip: 1.3.1
Silver Soraka Main

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:31 am 

Identity: Spambot
Preferred Pronoun Set: 0, 1
Dudibus wrote:
Sorry I had a long weekend in Canada this week. Back to work this morning which means grades incoming.

As long as there's no draft or slavery in the United States, there is no point in ever going to Canada.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:44 am 
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

General Comments on the round:

No one did equipment. I was shocked. Also, I was watching for cards that might directly interact with your robot design from the last round. It wasn't a make or break requirement, but I awarded extra points if your modification worked with your robot. In a positive way.

YingLung

CuriousHeartless

altimis

Rubik

POSValkir

Cato

Confused

vlord

Tekkahedron

Last edited by Dudibus on Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:46 am 
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

altimis has been promotoed to ASSISTANT BROOM PUSHER!
YingLung has been promoted to ASSISTANT BROOM PUSHER!
CuriousHeartless has been promoted to ASSISTANT BROOM PUSHER!
Rubik has been promoted to ASSISTANT BROOM PUSHER!
POSValkir has been promoted to ASSISTANT BROOM PUSHER!
Cato has been promoted to ASSISTANT BROOM PUSHER!
Confused has been promoted to ASSISTANT BROOM PUSHER!
Tekkahedron has been promoted to STEAM CATCHER!

OVERALL STANDINGS:

ROUND FOUR: There seems to be no end to the amount of work that needs to be done to keep the lab functioning. Ol' Gnarly is more than a little flustered tonight, quick to hand out extra work for some the least savory jobs you've done yet and jumping whenever anyone tries to talk to him. Other than that it seems a standard night of grease, steam and sweat, punctuated by the sounds of metal fists pounding on armoured hides, or the occasional laser setting a small fire as it melts an opponent into slag. As you are collecting your winnings there is a muffled explosion from somewhere above you. It seems to be coming from the labs upstairs. Then there is another explosion, much louder and closer this time, the walls shaking and dust falling from the pipes. Light bulbs extend from the ceilings, blinking and whirling as alarms start to sound all over the building. An echoing voice booms from speakers built into the walls. "ATTENTION. ATTENTION. THERE HAS BEEN A LEVEL ONE BREACH. THERE HAS BEEN A LEVEL ONE BREACH. ESCAPED ENTITY IS LOOSE IN THE LABORATORY. RECAPTURE THE ENTITIES AT ALL COSTS. ENGAGE WITH CAUTION. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. WARNING. ESCAPED ENTITY IS LOOSE IN THE LABORATORY. RECAPTURE THE ENTITIES AT ALL COSTS." As the voice continues to repeat the message over and over, another explosion rocks the lab somewhere close. You realize you've crouched when the last explosion happened. Standing up, you hear a shuffling noise coming towards you. It gets progressively louder until something emerges from the shadows of a stair case. It seems like it is made of some kind of liquid, but it is retaining a humanoid shape. As you watch, more of them start to emerge from the stairway, moving in your direction. One of them sputters with electrical current and splits apart, becoming two identical entities. Then another. Sounds of conflict can be heard coming from all over the lab. Let's hope you live to see your next promotion.

CRITERIA: Create a Weird that replicates itself.

Last edited by Dudibus on Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:59 am 

Identity: Spambot
Preferred Pronoun Set: 0, 1
Manta Weird :1::u::r:
Creature - Weird
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of ~. It gains haste until end of turn. Sacrifice it at the end of turn.
1/1

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:03 pm 

It doesn't die because State-Based Actions are not taken into effect mid-spell. Thus it combos extremely well with my golem.

The same thing if a creature has a P/T based on cards in hand, and you discard your hand to draw three cards. The creature is technically dead mid-spell, but the game doesn't care. State-Based Actions are only checked in-bewteen spells resolving from the stack, not during the resolution itself.

Thus, my card works perfectly well within the rules :D

Silver Soraka Main

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:10 pm 
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

altimis wrote:
It doesn't die because State-Based Actions are not taken into effect mid-spell. Thus it combos extremely well with my golem.

The same thing if a creature has a P/T based on cards in hand, and you discard your hand to draw three cards. The creature is technically dead mid-spell, but the game doesn't care. State-Based Actions are only checked in-bewteen spells resolving from the stack, not during the resolution itself.

Thus, my card works perfectly well within the rules :D

It's this kind of thing that makes me feel inadequate to judge cards. I will re-evaluate. Sorry Alt.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:11 pm 

You don't have to worry about anything, I have the Magic Comp rules saved to my computer, because I like trying to break them so much... :teach:
The rule in question:

704.4. Unlike triggered abilities, state-based actions pay no attention to what happens during the resolution of a spell or ability.
Example: A player controls a creature with the ability "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of cards in your hand" and casts a spell whose effect is "Discard your hand, then draw seven cards." The creature will temporarily have toughness 0 in the middle of the spell's resolution but will be back up to toughness 7 when the spell finishes resolving. Thus the creature will survive when state-based actions are checked. In contrast, an ability that triggers when the player has no cards in hand goes on the stack after the spell resolves, because its trigger event happened during resolution.

Silver Soraka Main

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:17 pm 

It's a minor difference, but basically it's because it's the same ability that it works. If I had worded it:
At the beginning of your ukeep, put a -1/-1 counter on enchanted creature, then you may sacrifice Fiddle.
When Fiddle is put into the graveyard from the battlefield, exchange each -1/-1 counter on enchanted creature with a +1/+1 counter.

Then it would be like you graded, because it's two separate abilities, and there is time for SBA's to be checked.

Silver Soraka Main

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:20 pm 
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

I have updated my posts after re-evaluating your grade.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:20 pm 

Steam Vent Volume --
Creature - Weird (C)

Multikicker
When Steam Vent Volume enters the battlefield, put a copy of it onto the battlefield for each time it was kicked.

The Azorius Complaint and Detainment Committee don't find it nearly as fascinating as the Izzet, when dust contacts the mana caught in the steam vents.
2 / 2

Silver Soraka Main

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:47 pm 

Learning Weird
Creature - Weird
Prowess
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery, you may put a token that's a copy of ~ onto the battlefield.
2/2

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:36 pm 

Modular Weird -
Creature - Weird
Haste
: Weirds you control get +1/-1 until end of turn.
Whenever ~ activates an ability for the third time in a turn, put a copy of ~ onto the battlefield.
1/4

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:01 pm 

Identity: Rubik
Heatburst Weird -
Creature — Weird
When Heatburst Weird enters the battlefield, it deals 1 damage to each other creature.
Whenever Heatburst Weird becomes the target of a spell or ability, put a token onto the battlefield that is a copy of Heatburst Weird.
2/1
"At least we created a mess that cleans up after itself."

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:02 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: T3KK-TP
Entropy Entity | :1::ur::ur:
Creature - Wierd

At the beginning of each end step, ~ becomes a copy of itself.

3/2

Destiny 2

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:07 pm 

Sparkflood Weirds
Creature - Weird
Whenever Sparkflood Weirds attacks, for each untapped creature the defending player controls, put a token onto the battlefield that is a copy of Sparkflood Weirds, tapped and attacking.
Creatures dealt damage by this don't untap during their controller's next untap step.
1/1
Once, Niv Mizzet prepared for invading armies. Now, scavenging mages get crash courses in hydroelectrodynamics.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:57 am 

Asphodan's Enigma
Creature - Weird (R)
Whenever a permanent is returned to its owner's hand, create a copy of Asphodan's Enigma.
Whenever a creature named Asphodan's Enigma dies, you may return target permanent you control to its owner's hand.
Asphodan left many years ago, but his puzzles remain.
1/1

I...might change this. Have to research what a Weird actually is in Magic. I assume they're created creatures though.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:52 am 

POSValkir wrote:
Asphodan's Enigma
Creature - Weird (R)
Whenever a permanent is returned to its owner's hand, create a copy of Asphodan's Enigma.
Whenever a creature named Asphodan's Enigma dies, you may return target permanent you control to its owner's hand.
Asphodan left many years ago, but his puzzles remain.
1/1

I...might change this. Have to research what a Weird actually is in Magic. I assume they're created creatures though.

Yep, they're mixtures of blue and red mana created by the Izzet. Really, just think Elemental and then add something Izzet-like and you've probably got it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:09 am 
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

General comments on the round:

You've all proven to me that the quality of the designers is so high I need to ramp up the 'contest' portion of this game.

Cato

altimis

CuriousHeartless

Confused

Rubik

Tekkahedron

YingLung

POSValkir

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:21 am 
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

altimis has been promotoed to BROOM PUSHER!
YingLung has been promoted to BROOM PUSHER!
CuriousHeartless has been promoted to BROOM PUSHER!
Rubik has been promoted to BROOM PUSHER!
POSValkir has been promoted to BROOM PUSHER!
Cato has been promoted to BROOM PUSHER!
Confused has been promoted to BROOM PUSHER!
Tekkahedron has been promoted to ASSISTANT BROOM PUSHER!

STANDINGS OVERALL

ROUND FIVE: The basement of the lab is in complete shambles. The battle was legendary. Some of your colleagues turned to their robots to do the fighting for them, some calling on mana to fight the infestation for them. Smoke is everywhere and the acrid smell of ozone fills the halls. Small fires are burning wherever you look as goblins from all stations rush around trying to put out the blazes and finish off any remaining weirds. Overall though, you think to yourself, the containment was a success as you step over the body of one of your fellow Steam Catchers. But what are those inventors doing up there? Putting out another fire, you realize you haven't felt the lash of Ol' Gnarly's tongue since the battle. By the end of the day, the entire lab is buzzing with gossip. Ol' Gnarly has been arrested by the Azorius! George's cousins uncle saw him being lead out in shackles, and he was screaming about unnatural experimentation, misused funding and guild secrets. But at the pits that night, the gossip is a little darker. Ol' Gnarly may have been working for the Dimir and planted a bomb. Some people scoff at the idea, but everyone is a little nervous about this development.

The next day, you are awoken by a delegate sent from above. You recognize her as one of the goblins that had been jotting down notes and asking questions at Robot Fight Club a few weeks ago. She introduces herself as Cremini and she has an important announcement. The position of :dance: HEAD BROOM MASTER :dance: has recently become available. It is an illustrious position that would put you in charge of the other broom pushers, steam wranglers and pipe lubers. It comes with PAY. However, there is only ONE position available, but that position is open to ANYONE, regardless of current rank. The successful applicant will be the one that can show they have the chops to be Head Broom Master. The lab is in a horrible state of disarray. You have until sometime tomorrow/the day after to submit your application.

CRITERIA: Create a card that 'cleans up' (interpret as you will.)

Last edited by Dudibus on Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 28  Next