It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: [Standard] Naya Friends
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:11 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 12872
Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She
4x Elvish Mystic
4x Sylvan Caryatid

3x Chandra, Pyromaster
3x Purphoros, God of the Forge

3x Hammer of purphoros
4x Xenagos, the Reveler
4x Assemble the Legion
3x Elspeth, Sun's Champion

4x Mizzium Mortars
3x Lightning Strike
2x Clan Defiance

3x Temple Garden
4x Sacred Foundry
4x Stomping Ground
4x Temple of Triumph
4x Temple of Abandon
3x Forest
1x Mountain

Because Scry land into Caryatid into Xenagos into elspeth is sick.

_________________
altimis wrote:
I never take anytihng Lily says seriously, except for when I take it personally. Then it's personal.
WotC_Ethan wrote:
People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Image


Last edited by LilyStorm on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:12 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 1711
I don't like that Purphoros never wakes up.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:13 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 12872
Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She
miss_bun wrote:
I don't like that Purphoros never wakes up.


Yeah but he burns BURNS

_________________
altimis wrote:
I never take anytihng Lily says seriously, except for when I take it personally. Then it's personal.
WotC_Ethan wrote:
People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Image


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:16 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 1711
Oh he's definitely good, and the deck looks cool. It just irks me that it isn't even possible.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:18 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 12872
Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She
miss_bun wrote:
Oh he's definitely good, and the deck looks cool. It just irks me that it isn't even possible.


Yeah, sadly chandra is not good enough, or I'd be all over that. Urr...you know what I mean.

Edit: Chandra might be okay here. Maybe assemble the legion for more devotion and guys? Could probably run hammer too because we don't need lands...

_________________
altimis wrote:
I never take anytihng Lily says seriously, except for when I take it personally. Then it's personal.
WotC_Ethan wrote:
People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Image


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:24 pm 
Offline
Terminal n00b
User avatar

Joined: Sep 19, 2013
Posts: 3341
Identity: Ben
Purphoros plus token generators seems like win more. most of those cards unchecked will win you the game so investing in a card to deal a few extra points isn't that awesome.

I think chained to the rocks is pretty bad with only 8 mountains in your deck.

Not really sure what mistcutter hydra is for.

_________________
"Indict me, I don't give a ****." - John Mathias 2014

Watch me stream, nerd: twitch.tv/Pomegrant


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:30 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 12872
Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She
Shadowchu wrote:
Purphoros plus token generators seems like win more. most of those cards unchecked will win you the game so investing in a card to deal a few extra points isn't that awesome.

I think chained to the rocks is pretty bad with only 8 mountains in your deck.

Not really sure what mistcutter hydra is for.


ME neither.

More like win faster than win more.


Edit: I made it more Devotiony

_________________
altimis wrote:
I never take anytihng Lily says seriously, except for when I take it personally. Then it's personal.
WotC_Ethan wrote:
People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Image


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:22 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 7018
Identity: Spambot
Preferred Pronoun Set: 0, 1
Hammertime seems bad. Eating your own lands doesn't seem like where you want to be in a deck with elspeth and x spells. I agree with Shadowchu that purphoros seems winmoar. Obviously, he wins faster, but by the time you have an elspeth that isn't dying or an assemble the legion with a few counters on it, you probably aren't losing that game anyways.

I'd like to see some more early removal spells in here to shore up the aggro matchup.

_________________
Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:25 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 12872
Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She
Cato wrote:
Hammertime seems bad. Eating your own lands doesn't seem like where you want to be in a deck with elspeth and x spells. I agree with Shadowchu that purphoros seems winmoar. Obviously, he wins faster, but by the time you have an elspeth that isn't dying or an assemble the legion with a few counters on it, you probably aren't losing that game anyways.

I'd like to see some more early removal spells in here to shore up the aggro matchup.


Maaaaaaaybe. Hammer could be magma jet or something. But polphorous comes down before all the token makers, and indestructible matters. He's winmore kinda, but he gives extra value to elspeths and stuff before they get blown up. And if they don't gg. Also it beats maze's end.

_________________
altimis wrote:
I never take anytihng Lily says seriously, except for when I take it personally. Then it's personal.
WotC_Ethan wrote:
People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Image


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:06 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 1711
I like him, I just wish he was more of a focus, I guess? I dunno. What about that other rg walker? Jimmy, from the last block. Or whatever his name was.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:26 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 12872
Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She
Requires a deck made of creatures.

_________________
altimis wrote:
I never take anytihng Lily says seriously, except for when I take it personally. Then it's personal.
WotC_Ethan wrote:
People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Image


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:12 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 844
Is clan's defiance better than aurelia's fury?


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:43 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 12872
Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She
Yes. It usually hits two things.

_________________
altimis wrote:
I never take anytihng Lily says seriously, except for when I take it personally. Then it's personal.
WotC_Ethan wrote:
People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Image


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:03 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 844
Aurelia's fury can hit two things as well, or three, or 10.

For how much do you usually cast clan's defiance?


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:10 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 12872
Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She
I haven't tested this particular deck yet, but in decks I use it in, 4/5 for X is usually the right number. Even 3 is okay if you can hit 2 guys. I forgot fury was an instant, so that might actually be better...

_________________
altimis wrote:
I never take anytihng Lily says seriously, except for when I take it personally. Then it's personal.
WotC_Ethan wrote:
People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Image


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:19 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 844
LilyStorm wrote:
I haven't tested this particular deck yet, but in decks I use it in, 4/5 for X is usually the right number. Even 3 is okay if you can hit 2 guys. I forgot fury was an instant, so that might actually be better...

If you regularly hit a flyer with it, then I'd probably prefer defiance, but I haven't seen that many flyers being played.

The instant speed is pretty cool, although if you usually use xenagos to cast defiance, the instant speed on fury isn't too relevant.

Frankly, I don't know which is better.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:42 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 12872
Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She
Filobel wrote:
LilyStorm wrote:
I haven't tested this particular deck yet, but in decks I use it in, 4/5 for X is usually the right number. Even 3 is okay if you can hit 2 guys. I forgot fury was an instant, so that might actually be better...

If you regularly hit a flyer with it, then I'd probably prefer defiance, but I haven't seen that many flyers being played.

The instant speed is pretty cool, although if you usually use xenagos to cast defiance, the instant speed on fury isn't too relevant.

Frankly, I don't know which is better.


Honestly I just added it at the end so xenagos can use mana for something. If you've used creatures to ramp into him, the you're probably at 7 mana with his ability, more with elspeth. But Aurelia's fury basically makes all your tokens unblockable.

_________________
altimis wrote:
I never take anytihng Lily says seriously, except for when I take it personally. Then it's personal.
WotC_Ethan wrote:
People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Image


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group