No Goblins Allowed
https://forum.nogoblinsallowed.com/

How is my deck?
https://forum.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26506
Page 1 of 1

Author:  _iamsam_ [ Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:57 pm ]
Post subject:  How is my deck?

I hope this is the right place, but I recently found some cards in my uncle's closet and built a deck with them. Wondering if this is a good deck? Forgive me I'm brand new...

20 Island
4 Mox Jet
2 Mox Sapphire
1 Mana Crypt
1 Sol Ring
4 Flying Men
4 Time Walk
3 Timetwister
4 Prodigal Sorcerer
4 Ancestral Recall
4 Spell Blast
2 Jump
3 Air Elemental
4 Lord of Atlantis
2 Lifetap
1 Counterspell
3 Stasis
5 Control Magic
2 Braingeyser
4 Wall of Air
2 Psychic Venom
4 Psionic Blast

Author:  AzureShade [ Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: How is my deck?

I’d cut it down to 60 cards. Also, you should observe the 4-of maximum for cards, so you probably need to shave off one of those Control Magic. Also, Lord of Atlantis probably either needs cut or at least swapped out for different creatures. They won’t do you much good as the only merfolk in the deck.

Author:  Aaarrrgh [ Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: How is my deck?

Ok, not sure if you're trolling here, because if you actually have the cards in that list, you should not just be playing with them without being very careful. Depending on which printing of the cards you have and the condition they are in, that deck could be worth well over $100 000.

Author:  niatpac [ Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: How is my deck?

Aaarrrgh wrote:
Ok, not sure if you're trolling here, because if you actually have the cards in that list, you should not just be playing with them without being very careful. Depending on which printing of the cards you have and the condition they are in, that deck could be worth well over $100 000.

lmao I was thinking this has to be a troll...but why?

Author:  _iamsam_ [ Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: How is my deck?

AzureShade wrote:
I’d cut it down to 60 cards. Also, you should observe the 4-of maximum for cards, so you probably need to shave off one of those Control Magic. Also, Lord of Atlantis probably either needs cut or at least swapped out for different creatures. They won’t do you much good as the only merfolk in the deck.


I didn't know about the 60 card maximum of 4 card maximum. What else should I cut?

Author:  _iamsam_ [ Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: How is my deck?

Aaarrrgh wrote:
Ok, not sure if you're trolling here, because if you actually have the cards in that list, you should not just be playing with them without being very careful. Depending on which printing of the cards you have and the condition they are in, that deck could be worth well over $100 000.


How do I check the value of cards? This would be news to me....

Author:  EpicLevelCommoner [ Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: How is my deck?

starcitygames.com or tcgplayer.com; search for the card name itself.

In particular six of the original moxes is a lot of money.

Author:  AzureShade [ Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: How is my deck?

_iamsam_ wrote:
AzureShade wrote:
I’d cut it down to 60 cards. Also, you should observe the 4-of maximum for cards, so you probably need to shave off one of those Control Magic. Also, Lord of Atlantis probably either needs cut or at least swapped out for different creatures. They won’t do you much good as the only merfolk in the deck.


I didn't know about the 60 card maximum of 4 card maximum. What else should I cut?

Depends. Is this just a casual sort of thing or do you care about format legality? Also what is your play group like, and would they be okay with facing off against older, more powerful cards?

Author:  _iamsam_ [ Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: How is my deck?

Disregard my post please. I sold the cards to someone at the hobby store who was willing to help take them off my hands. Pretty happy I got $100!

Author:  Aaarrrgh [ Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: How is my deck?

Ok, now I'm absolutely sure you're trolling. Doing it pretty well, though.

Author:  Mown [ Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: How is my deck?

>tfw nobody remembers you from gleemax
it's ok bud, I recognize your name, although that's about the extent of it too

Author:  supa_tim [ Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: How is my deck?

Mown wrote:
>tfw nobody remembers you from gleemax
it's ok bud, I recognize your name, although that's about the extent of it too

I legit miss gleemax.

Trying to get discussions going on reddit just isn't the same.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/