It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 11:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: [Ixalan STD]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:48 am 

Identity: Goblin Piker
For the first time in a long time, I wanna play standard.
4 x Legion's Landing
4 x Soul-Scar Mage
4 x Earthshaker Khenra
4 x Honored Crop-Captain
3 x Kari Zev, Skyship Raider
4 x Lightning Strike
3 x Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle
2 x Redoubled Volley
4 x Rampaging Ferocidon
2 x Vance's Blasting Cannons
4 x Ramunap Excavation
8 x Mountain
12 x Plains

Sideboard:
4 Inspiring Cleric

Of course, after starting work on the deck, I realized that the good land is leaving. So the mana base is lazy.

Deck is probably terrible.

Like this post

Post subject: Re: [Ixalan STD]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:10 pm 

I believe Repeating Barrage and Ramunap Ruins are the card names you're looking for.

Doesn't your Rampaging Ferocidon work against you? You're playing a large amount of creatures, Kari Zev makes a new temporary one every turn, Mavren Fein makes a permanent one, Legion's Landing makes one when it lands and more later... those all ping *you* with Ferocidon out. The vampires have Lifelink but that doesn't work with Ferocidon out ... I can't see Ferocidon being a fit for a go-wide-and-make-lifelink-tokens strategy.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:00 pm 

I would not play a max playset of landing since its a must not a may when it triggers so if you have multiple you only get to tap the other 3 if they are all out for one token and then the legend rule applies..... too much wasted deckspace for a limited use combo, 2 or 3 max. I agree that you would need more or larger tougher lifelinkers to offset the ferocidon.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:45 am 

Identity: Goblin Piker
I believe Repeating Barrage and Ramunap Ruins are the card names you're looking for.

Doesn't your Rampaging Ferocidon work against you? You're playing a large amount of creatures, Kari Zev makes a new temporary one every turn, Mavren Fein makes a permanent one, Legion's Landing makes one when it lands and more later... those all ping *you* with Ferocidon out. The vampires have Lifelink but that doesn't work with Ferocidon out ... I can't see Ferocidon being a fit for a go-wide-and-make-lifelink-tokens strategy.

It does work against me, but it is also a 3 mana 3/3 Menace that pings them, too. You might be right though. My main idea was just "kill them before the ferocidon hurts me too much."

EonAon wrote:
I would not play a max playset of landing since its a must not a may when it triggers so if you have multiple you only get to tap the other 3 if they are all out for one token and then the legend rule applies..... too much wasted deckspace for a limited use combo, 2 or 3 max. I agree that you would need more or larger tougher lifelinkers to offset the ferocidon.

Landings 2-4 are 1 mana 1/1 lifelink creatures. It's a bit of a shame that the transform isn't a may though.

Like this post