It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:58 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2013
Posts: 1374
Location: Alberta, Canada
I took this to GenCon this year. I didn't do very well because of lack of experience and poor sideboarding choices and actual sideboarding the day of tournament. However, it was effective to a degree, Thalia being a house herself.

Creatures
3 x Qasali Pridemage
4 x Dark Confidant
4 x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
4 x Noble Hierarch
3 x Deathrite Shaman
2 x Leonin Arbiter
3 x Ethersworn Canonist

Non Creature
3 x Stony Silence
3 x Grafdigger's Cage
3 x Abrupt Decay
1 x Time Walk
1 x Ancestral Recall

Mana
1 x Black Lotus
1 x Lotus Petal
1 x Mox Emerald
1 x Mox Jet
1 x Mox Pearl
4 x Wasteland
1 x Karakas
1 x Strip Mine
2 x Bayou
1 x Scrubland
1 x Savannah
1 x Tropical Island
1 x Tundra
3 x Verdant Catacombs
2 x Misty Rainforest
2 x Plains
1 x Forest
1 x Swamp

Sideboard
2 Kataki, War's Wage
3 Judge's Familiar
3 Path to Exile
3 Chalice of the Void
4 Leyline of Sanctity

_________________
LilyStorm wrote:
Don't you just play chain of mephisitlsislsitktkslslls and call it a day :V


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:21 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 1331
Aether Vial??

Canonist should be in your SB imo, depending on meta.

Is Hierarch really worth it?


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:44 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 12848
Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She
You have very few hatebears for a hatebear deck.

_________________
altimis wrote:
I never take anytihng Lily says seriously, except for when I take it personally. Then it's personal.
WotC_Ethan wrote:
People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Image


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:55 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 1331
LilyStorm wrote:
You have very few hatebears for a hatebear deck.

A hate bear is a 2CMC creature that has a disruption element to it.

I count 16 hate bears. 16 out of 23.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:58 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 12848
Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She
tony3 wrote:
LilyStorm wrote:
You have very few hatebears for a hatebear deck.

A hate bear is a 2CMC creature that has a disruption element to it.

I count 16 hate bears. 16 out of 23.


I don't consider pridemage a hatebear because it requires mana. Also I consider a hatebear deck to have 24+ hatebears.

_________________
altimis wrote:
I never take anytihng Lily says seriously, except for when I take it personally. Then it's personal.
WotC_Ethan wrote:
People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Image


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:02 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2013
Posts: 1374
Location: Alberta, Canada
tony3 wrote:
Aether Vial??

Canonist should be in your SB imo, depending on meta.

Is Hierarch really worth it?


Hierarch turned out not to be worth it, and Canonist was better in SB. I changed it when I got to Gencon.

Aethir Vial was a choice I made because of Vintage. It was perhaps looking too much in to artifact hate as well as my own main-board hate against artifacts. The deck could be better positioned to go with:

4 Thalia
4 Bob
Any old shell, except perhaps workshop, or manaless.

_________________
LilyStorm wrote:
Don't you just play chain of mephisitlsislsitktkslslls and call it a day :V


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:29 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 927
tony3 wrote:
Aether Vial??

3 x Stony Silence

_________________
Ko wrote:
1. it's "for all intents are purposes". I don't care if you were joking.

mjack33 wrote:
You are committing the straw man fallacy here.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:39 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2013
Posts: 112
Location: Raleigh, NC
Gaddock Teeg? Dryad Militant?
Both seem decent against Vintage decks.

_________________
There are some who call me...Tim?


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:01 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 1331
Is Meddling Mage really not a thing anymore?

That used to be the go to fish staple.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:04 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2013
Posts: 1374
Location: Alberta, Canada
Meddling mage did not make it in because of blue splash. Teeg play tested horribly. It was a meta choice that turned out to be correct.

In retrospect, mage would have been good against rug/urb pyromancer and perhaps... tinker? It would have mostly been called versus counter magic in my matchups.

I passed on militant because I mained deathrites. The reason pridemage and hierarch appeared, asde utility and mana were exalted. They helped thalia on offense.

In the end, this deck will either get remade to focus on thalia/bob more or I will use mud toolbox, which I am working on currently.

_________________
LilyStorm wrote:
Don't you just play chain of mephisitlsislsitktkslslls and call it a day :V


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:12 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 1708
What about phyrexian revoker?


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:16 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 927
miss_bun wrote:
What about phyrexian revoker?

:thumbsup:

_________________
Ko wrote:
1. it's "for all intents are purposes". I don't care if you were joking.

mjack33 wrote:
You are committing the straw man fallacy here.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:37 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2013
Posts: 1374
Location: Alberta, Canada
Phyrexian Revoker tested badly versus decks that I tested against. I took a set down and tried against a variety of decks.

The best it did was versus Cabal Therapy (flashback) and a Griselbrand. The meta wasn't suited for it, not enough people playing Jace. The card DOES belong in this deck but wasn't suited for the meta game.

If anything, it would have belonged in the side.

_________________
LilyStorm wrote:
Don't you just play chain of mephisitlsislsitktkslslls and call it a day :V


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:00 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 927
Phyrexian Revoker doesn't work against flashback, by the way

_________________
Ko wrote:
1. it's "for all intents are purposes". I don't care if you were joking.

mjack33 wrote:
You are committing the straw man fallacy here.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:08 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2013
Posts: 1374
Location: Alberta, Canada
Hmm, I still thought it was an activated ability. Either way, my bad.

_________________
LilyStorm wrote:
Don't you just play chain of mephisitlsislsitktkslslls and call it a day :V


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group