It is currently Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:04 pm 

Identity: Spider-Man
Preferred Pronoun Set: Wtf is a "Jabber address"?
I know what you're thinking.

You're thinking, "Who the heck would make a musical about the Kingdom Hearts video game series?!"

Well, we did. We made two, actually. Who's we? We are Fandom Musicals, an amateur musical theatre group from Toronto who performs geek-themed shows and content at conventions and bars in the area. And when I say we made two, I guess, more accurately, I should say we're in the process of making the second one. That's what I'm here to talk to you about - the musical I am producing. It's called Fandom Hearts 2: Another Heart, Another Melody, and it's the sequel to our original and most popular show.

Again, I know what you're thinking.

You're thinking, "Most popular show? You mean to say that someone made a musical of Kingdom Hearts and it was actually good?!"

Believe me, we were just as surprised as you are. Nobody expected this thing to take off. We made it because we loved the games and wanted to do our own comedic take on them, not because we wanted to amass a fanbase and start a whole ongoing musical theatre company. But that's what happened. We put on Fandom Hearts at ConBravo! 2013 to a packed room which received a standing ovation and glowing reviews. Think I'm bluffing? Ask this guy:

I know, right?

That said, I still know what you're thinking.

You're thinking, "Cut with the lame sales pitch already; you said something about a Kickstarter, so get on with it!"

Fair enough. I won't beat around the bush. I am running our very first Kickstarter campaign to raise funds for us to put on Fandom Hearts 2 the way we feel it deserves to be shown: not at a convention or in the back of some bar, but on a legitimate theatre stage. This has been a long time dream of ours that we hope to finally realise with this hotly-anticipated show.

But wait, I know what you're thinking!

You're thinking, "But Zinger, I don't live in Toronto, why should I back a show I won't be able to see?"

Because all of our musicals get put online for you to watch for free on our Youtube channel. Even if you can't get up to Toronto to see the live performance, your support by backing this project will drastically improve the quality of the finished production we put online, so you'll still see a better show.

UNLESS you were really thinking "I don't care for kingdom hearts, why should I back your musical?"

In which case I would tell you, back it anyway! A lot of our fans from the first production have never even played the games and have gone on record as saying they love our show. At the end of the day, it's not just a show for fans of the game, it's a show that we want to make for the enjoyment of everyone.

So, whether you like Kingdom Hearts, or musicals, or watching videos of a bunch of hilarious geeks in costumes making fools of themselves on the internet, then head on over to http://fandomhearts2.com and back our Kickstarter. Even if you can only throw us $1, that's a small amount of change out of your pocket which will help us tremendously in the long run. And if you can't back us, help us out by sharing the project and convincing your friends to back us instead! It all adds up in the end. We've got some pretty cool rewards lined up, and even if none of those float your gummi ship, you'll still walk away with the satisfaction of knowing you helped bring this amazing project to life, and that my friends, is priceless.

Check it out! At the very least, it's worth backing simply because you think I'm a cool guy and worth supporting in my crazy endeavours. :V

If you want to see the original Fandom Hearts, the full show is available for free on our YouTube channel. Have a look:

What's that? You weren't actually thinking any of those things? You were thinking, "Doesn't this thread advertising a crowdfunding campaign violate NGA's Code of Conduct?"

Well, aren't you a little trouble-making munchkin, you. For those of you thinking THAT, I've included a nice little disclaimer below.

Disclaimer: It's important to mention that Fandom Musicals is an amateur not-for-profit theatre company. All proceeds raised by the Kickstarter go towards funding the production, and not lining our wallets. Furthermore, Kickstarter doesn't actually sell anything (see their Terms of Service for details), rewards for donations are not purchases, they are gifts given as thanks to people who pledge and donate. This is a creative project which I have a personal stake in. My advertising it does not violate the NGA Code of Conduct Section 4. Also, it has been statistically proven by real scientific guys that advertisements which have small print disclaimers are less likely to offend the general public, especially if such disclaimers include a witty rhetorical remark at the end about how funny seagulls look when fighting over a french fry or something like that. Why are you reading this anyway? Nobody reads fine print. Stop reading this and go back my Kickstarter cuz I worked hard on it. Thanks!
NGA CoC Section 4

Questions about the Kickstarter? The show? Or Fandom Musicals? Ask away! I'll answer where I can.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:55 pm 

Identity: Human
I wish you luck, but I feel you might be on thin ice dealing with Disney-owned property.

Quoth the Raven, for truth.
Know your roots.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:21 pm 

Identity: girl
which one are you

I think that people who are like that are really deep. They have a sense of understanding things and are vague and quiet and mysterious you know? Like a cello. It plays depressing music (that's how I think of it) but it's so beautiful. It's a beautiful instrument and it's so. You know. Like really emotional. Yeah. Emotional is the word. :)

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:04 pm 

I wish you luck, but I feel you might be on thin ice dealing with Disney-owned property.

It's a parody. Fair use laws are quite clear where parodies are concerned. We are very explicit in ensuring that these are original characterizations who are, at best, inspired by the Disney properties. But thanks for wishing us luck! :)

io wrote:
which one are you

In the video? I'm the one wearing the Star Trek T-Shirt.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:16 pm 

Identity: Human
Zinger2099 wrote:

It's a parody. Fair use laws are quite clear where parodies are concerned. We are very explicit in ensuring that these are original characterizations who are, at best, inspired by the Disney properties. But thanks for wishing us luck! :)

I mean, I agree with you, but this is Disney, which is historically worse than Fox in that regard (see: the recent Family Guy vs. Youtube fiasco). I don't doubt they would C&D first, ask questions later.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 4:45 pm 

I think as long as we remain non-profit, and continue to not make money off of what we do, we're in the clear.

I mean, we should be in the clear even if we did make a profit, cuz of fair use, but I'd be more worried about C&D orders then for sure.

We actually have a pretty epic song (which I wrote :P) from our Animé musical about that very subject... You can watch that here:

Like this post