It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:54 pm 

Artem sends his dragon to attack the Violet lady, someone with that much power should be eliminated. Maybe it's just an ego, he thought. But he wasn't about to take that chance.

Splintershell
Creature Turtle

When Spintershell dies, deal damage equal to it's power divided amongst any number of target creatures or players.

: Put a +1/+0 counter on it.

"Let's break it in half!"- Famous last words

4/6

Artem let's the turtle rest (he taps it) to greaten it's strength.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:29 pm 

(OOC: Oh, sorry. I was sending them over to basically get in the way of anyone trying to kill someone else... I should have tried to be clear instead of poetic I guess. My bad. Although I guess being grabbed by zombies sort of negates their ability to do that anyway.)

(OOC2: Also, I think I got confused at some point. Did anyone, at any point, tell --- that Liliana wasn't evil? I thought someone did, but I can't find it.)

...Violet lady seems pretty nuts. Liliana? That's what the other guy called her.

--- takes a moment to get rid of the zombies clinging to it and its friend:

Flaying Touch |
[Tribal Instant - Sand] (U)
Wither
Flaying Touch deals 1 damage to target non-artifact creature.
When you cast this spell, copy it for each sand permanent you control.
Step not in the desert when its ire is roused, lest it strip the flesh from your bones

(4 damage total (original, sand token, ---, and Song of the Sands) should be enough to take out two zombie-token zombies)

...okay, yeah. Trying to make peace is fine and all, but this is all just a little bit too crazy. Anyway, violet lady was talking about killing everyone, which is... pretty definitely a bad thing.

--- is going to attack her at full force. Nobody's listening, and she seems like the most dangerous.

(First exiling Flaying Touch for an extra token)

Rally the Wastes |
[Tribal Sorcery - Sand] (M)
For each mana spent on Rally the Wastes, choose one:
- Put a 1/1 colorless sand creature token into play under your control
- Sand creatures you control get +1/+0 and are white until end of turn
- Sand creatures you control have haste until end of turn
"To fight the desert, one must fight every grain of sand." - Salamander Proverb

(Making 2 tokens, giving everything +2/+0 and haste (The spell counts the as well as the ), then attacking Lilliana with everything)

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:26 pm 

I'm assuming that neither my hawk nor my dragon were grabbed by the zombies since they are airborne (And my dragon doesn't have legs). So...

Torun exerts his cloak of light to blow apart the zombies grabbing him (No spell or anything, I just have protection from black so that was trying to show it off some). He steps back from his small army and gives an order to his dragon, having it rain holy fire on the zombies. Since the dragon gives his enchantments a protective aura, the fire should burn away the zombies without harming those being held captive. He does have his dragon try and control its fires away from Nolrasha and the sand being, not because Torun wants them captured but because he doesn't want them burnt to a crisp (Well, burnt to glass in the sand-creatures case).

Torun gets an...odd plan to build up his mana. He draws out the mana from his Servant (4WWW in mana pool). Then he draws out some fiery red mana from his fern and focuses it into a burning sigil.

Seal of Stoking
Enchantment
Sacrifice ~: Add to your mana pool.

(A bit of a cheap way around the enchantment-only restriction but it seems balanced and I can't really do this again.)

He places his servant in the sigil and focuse the flames into it. He stares a bit sadly as his friend's gift overheats and explodes into fire, but it gives him mana to draw on.

Stoke the Forges
Sorcery
As an additional cost to cast ~, sacrifice an artifact.
Add to your mana pool.

(Use Seal of Stoking's effect to create R to pay for Stoke the Forges and sac Gold Servant for it. 4WWWRRR in mana pool)

He then uses half of it to cast a rejuvenating energy, bringing back all of the enchantments he'd formed over the last few days as well as fixing up his Gold Servant.

Replenishing Pulse
Sorcery
Return all artifact and enchantment cards from your graveyard to your battlefield. Exile ~

(WRR in mana pool. I'll put everything that is brought back in a spoiler later in the post. Also, is this well costed or should I pump it some? And if something happened to my dragon earlier that I didn't notice, it would be back so now it can burn apart the zombies)

Everything I have now

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:37 am 

Non-canon Fanfic Version

"Come on! Can't you leave the dead buried?" Nolrasha groaned. She was stating something that was obviously false around this Liliana character, but she was just learning this tidbit. "At least I can give a dog a bone..."

Ravenous Calling
Sorcery
Put a 2/2 green wolf creature token with Haste onto the battlefield. If another creature is dealt damage by this token and dies this turn, for each creature that dies put a +1/+1 counter on the token made by this spell.
----------
"Oh and one more thing!"

Touch of Nature
Instant
Up to two target creatures get ":t: : Destroy target zombie. It cannot be regenerated."
"I hate how many say the dead should remained buried," Liliana Vess

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:24 pm 

"She refrains from killing on your behalf? Hardly noble, but tolerable."

Ying sighs. Impetuous wizards will probably be the death of him. Nearly as he can tell, the necromancer wants her special brand of fun, Fjiori wants to purge black magic users, and Isheaiu is trying madly to protect everyone.
What a mess.
Still, perhaps a compromise can be reached. Until then, Ying needs more information, and some form of protection.

Unblinking Host
Instant
Put a 1/1 blue Homunculus creature token onto the battlefield with "When this creature dies, draw a card."
Storm
It is said that every great mages' duel is recorded by unseen watchers for inscrutable purposes. What is less known, is that these watchers are not without sympathy.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:01 am 
Desperately Wants A Custom Title

Identity: Man
Closing the round now.

I completely forgot about the dragon and the hawk, because I thought I nullified them by getting rid of the angel. I completely forgot about your other enchantment.

That's my bad. Even then confused did block the spell and could block two creatures.
So to retrospect this in as flavorful way as possible.

Lyr blocked both of the flying creatures, kills the hawk and injures the dragon, and dies.

This keeps the story going without retroactively doing too much. Makes sense given Lyr didn't do anything this round. AND well, you'll find out shortly.

Sorry for not repsonding to this sooner...

My Cube | My Designs | My Blog | My Art
Creator of Max and Mill! Current strip: 1.3.1
REACTIONARY is happening now! Round 0

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:13 am 

I edited my post Curious...

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:04 am 

Artem sends his dragon to attack the violet lady. He creates a large turtle that sits and gains power.
--- Releases a few of the sand creatures and creates a few new ones. He sends everyone to attack Liliana.
Torun's very presence leaves the nearby zombies in agony (if agony, is the correct word for a zombie). Using an intricate method of revival, Torun replenishes the life he created throughout the days. (OOC: Though they all come back, only the ones that died HERE are actually usable now. I'm leaving it up to chance whether the others make if here at all, but definitely not this round. So the Familiar of Peace and the Knight are not here IIRC)
Nolrasha creates a new wolf creature and gives it a hunger for the dead. (OOC: You still need to declare targets for your touch of nature, I don't know which creatures have this ability. I'll let it linger for this round).
Ying summons a horde of 5 homunculi that surround him (OOC: I did make sure, and I'm saying five is the number you get total.)

(OVERALL OCC: I'm just gonna throw out there that there seemed to be more out-of-color cards than normal. Keep in mind you still need to follow rules for MtG designs ;) )

==xx==

Isheaiu jumps away from his current skirmish and leaps deftly into his shadow form and chases down the Quartz Dragon. The dragon becomes completely shrouded in darkess, and you can hear Isheaiu scream loudly as the dark cloud illuminates red before flying into the side of a building and dispersing. Isheaiu is alone, and apparently incredibly weakened. He stands in a windowsill watching the battle from his vantage point to collect his breath.

Liliana raises her hands higher into the air, and it's only now that you realize that she's actually levitating a bit. The ground seems to melt away around what zombies she has remaining. The zombies pulse away from Torun as though a powerful force was pushing them away. Liliana takes notice.
Lyrantha falls to the ground after the furious assault in the air, but a violet light catches her mid-air and holds her upright.
Lastly, whatever aura was radiating from her person, shoots out in all directions at once. The aura blasts into:
Splintershell
A wolf token
Quartz Hound
Quartz Hawk
Fjiori

Whatever was hit by the blast, their skin begins to molt and rot and peel before your eyes. Fjiori seems relatively unfazed, but the other creatures howl in agony.
Each creature quickly crumbles into nothingness, but Torun always seems to keep his enchantments alive and the Hawk is still flying anew.

(OOC: Each creature died, but Splintershell's ability didn't trigger and Fjiori... well...)

Fjiori stands holding his staff high with the skin literally rotting off of his bones, and falling to the ground around him.

"You underestimate me witch!"

Liliana's eyes grow wide, nto with fear, but with anticipation. This is clearly something unique.

"It's been a while since I've seen this kind of power."

"It will be your last!"

Fjiori unleashes a powerful white blast from his staff directly towards Liliana. She holds her arms in front of her head and shouts out as the light engulfs her. The darkness resembling her in the midst of the light quickly shrinks and fade froms view, and the massive white orb continues on to the building behind where she was levitating moments before. The building is hit by the light, glows white, then vanishes with the light.

Isheaiu screams from his vantage point, "NOOOooooo! Rrraaaaaaghh!" and both Fjiori and he lock eyes. Isheaiu leans back into the window and disappears into the building. Fjiori scowls and still has bits of flesh melting off his body leaving bones bare.

The clouds continue to darken, and lightning strikes twice in the city a few streets down. The hair on your neck sticks up from the distilled electricity. Static is flying through the air, and warping your immediate vicinity.

The zombies continue to clamber about attacking all those unfortunate enough to be within their reach.

As he turns his attention to the zombies, he raises his staff as it starts to glow. Behind Fjoiri, you can see Isheaiu atop the building where he was previously in the window. He jumps from the roof and his usual shadow form takes a rather lance-ish appearance. It is clear that he is aiming for Fjiori.

Round stipulation

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:41 am 

(OOC: Do Fjiori and Isheaiu still have Brotherhood Bond giving them protection from each other, or did that only last one round? I'm assuming that it's gone since I kept Song of the Sands, but the rules only mention a limit with regard to positive enchantments...)

(OOC2: Also I realized that I forgot to mention that each copy of Flaying Touch targets individually... can't go back and edit it, but I guess my intent was clear enough apparently)

Well... she's probably pretty dead. Time to help with the cleanup.

Starlit Ritual |
[Instant] (R)
Choose a color. Exile each permanent of the chosen color, then return those permanents to the battlefield.

Those two guys are still fighting though. --- steps in the way of the attack and readies himself to catch it.

Soulbind |
[Instant]
Choose a creature you control. Exile target spell or permanent with CMC less than the chosen creature's CMC for as long as that creature is a creature and remains on the battlefield.

(Also, just going to make a note to myself here: 3 sand tokens, 2 sand cards in the discard)

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:43 am 

(To be clear, I'm choosing black for Starlit Ritual. The zombies are tokens, right? I'm guessing it won't cover the whole battlefield, but you never said how many zombies there are, so just taking out one of "dozens" seems a bit useless)

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:08 am 

(Fair enough on only ones dying here being immediately with me. But my knight actually did die here. Considering my dragon gave my Hawk Indestructible, Lyr ain't killing it. But assuming her spell is -X/-X, Liliana probably will. Well, unless I can respond to it.)

Torun stares as the targets of the black magic start falling apart. Torun isn't a healer, he never learned healing advanced healing magic and weaker magic won't stop this. But then an idea strikes him, instead of healing he can fortify and hope that it stops the black magic's rot. So he starts weaving magic into all five of it's victims.

Magical Mesh
Instant
Five target creatures get +0/+5 until end of turn.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:21 am 

Confusing board state.

"Screw this all to hell."

Shadow Spectators -
Instant
All creatures except up to one target creature gains shadow until end of turn and can't attack this turn.
The cruelest seat in the house is the one where you can't do anything.

----------
Sry, busy, busy, busy.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:02 pm 

"My beauty!" Artem exclaimed, walking over to the fallen turtle as it melted away. It seems that aura did some damage.

It seems my dragon might need to do the heavy lifting.

Friendlessness
Sorcery

Target creature gets +1/+1

Gravestorm (When you cast this spell, put a copy of it onto the stack for each permanent that was put into a graveyard from battlefield this turn. If the spell has any targets, you may choose new targets for any of the copies.)

The elf mourned the loss of his friends, Orgg celebrated.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:53 pm 

@curious: Your dragon is gone, so something happened to it. :evil: *snicker*

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:13 pm 

(Oh, that line was a bit weird, I thought just Isheaiu hit the wall. I got nothing right now, so I'll try to think up something later.)

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:24 pm 

Friggin' indestructible ...
Not that I'm picking on you, but I'm throwing everything I can at you because you have the most stuff and it's indestructible.

You're becoming the problem child here :p

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:42 pm 

Hey, I paid 7 mana for that indestructible. And besides, I don't have Hexproof on anything so my team is still susceptible to -X/-X, Wither, Exile, Bounce, -1/-1 counters, Freeze (Which may not kill my stuff, but it will shut it down), and harmful auras. And Black can do all of that except Bounce and Freeze.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:45 pm 

How do you think I got rid of it in the first place ;)

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:41 pm 

(I think I should mention I attack Lilianna with my dragon after I cast the spell.)

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:55 am 

"..."

Nolrasha could say anything. Words could not express. But there were always other ways of expressing things right?
---------
Surfacing Rage
Sorcery
This spell deals X damage to all creatures where X is the number of creatures in your graveyard or 3 whichever is lower.

OoC: Meant the spell to target the wolf but... Guess just my character and will pay to activate her ability and get a wolf token. Also X will be one in this case. Plus attacking Liliana.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next