It is currently Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:29 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: Please don't refer to me
So, here's the rub. You can enter, but if you do, you'll be asked to make 4 cards. You'll be graded on whatever criteria I feel like, at some arbitrary deadline.

Criteria: Make a card with a new subtype. Make a card with a new supertype. Make a card with a new card type. Finally, make a card with all of the new types you've created.

Give a small explanation of the types, so I can laugh at how bad they are.

Winner of the 1st NGA Constructed Super League: PopularPariah

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:00 pm 

Identity: Male
Do those have to be in order? Can we laugh at bad criteria?

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:32 pm 

Card #1 - Subtype

"Noble" is a creature type used to fill the descriptive void left when "Lord" was cut for its tribal associations. No long shall Imposing Sovereign and her ilk be without class!

Heir Apparent
:1::u:
Creature - Human Noble
Soulbond
When the creature Heir Apparent is paired with dies, Heir Apparent becomes a copy of that creature.
2/1

Card #2 Supertype

"Corrupted" is a supertype that represents a foul influence on the card in question. Whenever you cast a Corrupted card your corruption increases by one.

Knowledge of Evil
:u:
Corrupted Instant
Scry X, where X is equal to your corruption, then draw a card.

Card #3 Card Type

"Parasite" is a card type, but like Tribal it is never found on its own. A Parasite enters the battlefield attached to another non-parasite permanent you control that shares a type with it. Each permanent may have at most one parasite attached to it. If the permanent the parasite is attached (its "host") to leaves the battlefield or ceases to be a legal target, as a state-based action you may attach the parasite to another legal host, but if you don't or can't it's placed in its owner's graveyard. Parasite creatures can attack and block on their own, but they still need a host to live.

Strangletree Grove
Parasite Land
Strangletree Grove enters the battlefield tapped.
:t:: Add :g::g: to your mana pool

Card #4 All at Once

IRS Chief
:2::b:
Corrupted Parasite Creature - Vampire Noble
IRS Chief's host gets -1/-1.
:t:, Sacrifice IRS Chief's Host: Each other player loses life equal to your corruption.
2/2

OK, for Real now...

Mother of Darkness
:w:
Corrupted Parasite Creature - Human Noble
Mother of Darkness' host gets +X/+X, where X is equal to your corruption
At the beginning of your upkeep, if your corruption is 9 or greater, sacrifice Mother of Darkness and put a 9/9 Legendary black and white Angel Demon Corrupted Creature token with flying and lifelink named Apocalypse Child onto the battlefield.
"Of course she's innocent. That's the worst part. Protecting her is only natural, but can we protect her from herself?" - Templar Joran
0/1

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:54 pm 

Identity: Rubik
We are all fools for participating in this contest.

Courtless Jester -
Creature — Human Fool
At the beginning of your upkeep, discard a card at random. If you do, draw a card.
1/1

-

The goal of Unique cards is to give people a reason to run exactly one copy of a single card in their deck. What a bad mechanic.

Prevent Spell -
Unique Instant
(Players can only run up to one Unique card per deck.)
Counter target spell.

-

The "Tomb" card type is a reflection of it's creator's yearning to crawl into the soil instead of making more bad card designs.

Tomb of the Defiant -
Tomb
(If a card would be put into a graveyard, that card's owner may entomb it beneath a Tomb he or she controls. Entombed cards are also in their owner's graveyard.)
Players can't play non-basic cards that share a name with a card entombed by ~.

-

There are no heroes left in man.

Febb's Mistake
Unique Tomb Creature — Fool
(Players can only run up to one Unique card per deck.)
(If a card would be put into a graveyard, that card's owner may entomb it beneath a Tomb he or she controls. Entombed cards are also in their owner's graveyard.)

Exile all cards entombed by ~ and sacrifice ~: Until end of turn, you may play spells exiled by ~.
2/2

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:12 pm 

Subtype:Beast-warrior to help all anthromorphic dudes at having a cohesive, expanding tribal theme, since they usually only appear for one block before being forgotten.
example:
Reborn tengu :4::g::g:
Creature- Beast-warrior(U)
When Reborn tengu leaves the field, search your deck for a card named Reborn tengu and put it on the battlefield, then shuffle your deck.
4/1

Supertype:Continuous, a supertype for instant and sorceries that leaves them on the battlefield as permanents once they resolve and grants them one or more additional types when entering the battlefield:
Es:
Vanity's emptiness :w:
Continuous Instant(R)
When vanity's emptiness resolves, it enters the battlefield, it becomes an enchantment with"If a creature card would enter the battlefield, if it wasn't cast, instead it doesn't" and "Destroy vanity's emptiness when a card is sent to your graveyard"

New type:pendulum
Pendulums are permanents, if you control 2 pendulums any pendulum that would enter the battlefield under your control is sent to your graveyard instead.
Pendulums have a scale and you may tap two pendulums to put on the battlefield any number of creature cards from your hand with converted mana cost
Strictly higher than one scale and strictly lower than the other.

Example
Focault's cannon :3::g:
Pendulum-Scale 2(U)
At the end of the turn in which this card entered the battlefield destroy target noncreature permanent.

Dragoons of draconia :1::g::g:
Continuous Instant(R)
When Dragoons of draconia resolves, it enters the battlefield, then if you control 1 or less pendulums it becomes a 4/2 pendulum beast-warrior creature with scale 2 and "At the end of your combat phase, you may target a creature you control that has dealt lethal combat damage to an opponent creature this turn, if your creature has no abilities,search your library for a card with the same name as that creature and add it to your hand, then shuffle your library".

Are these bad enough?

Last edited by Hello World on Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:37 pm 

Supertype: Elusive

Elusive a descriptive Supertype (like Snow) that is used in conjuction with at least one other Supertype. It describes something that is, well, elusive. These cards can only be added to your hand by various means. Drawing them will cause you to lose them.

Terra Incognita
Elusive Land

(Whenever you draw an Elusive card, exile it).
You may have ~ enter the battlefield as a copy of any land on the battlefield.
:t:: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.

In the likeness of every land you've never dreamed.

May or may not finish this entry.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:19 pm 

Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She
No.

Get Spooked
Buy some flowers?
Cook gourmet food?
Sail the high seas?

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:06 am 

Tomb of Firesnakes
Artifact - Tomb (C)
When Tomb of Firesnakes enters the battlefield or is sacrificed, put a 1/1 red Elemental Snake creature token onto the battlefield.

Tomb is an artifact subtype with no inherent rules meaning. It exists for tomb raiders to break open, and tomb guards to count.

----

Bloodstorm Slasher
Cosmic Creature - Horror Elemental
When Bloodstorm Slasher enters the battlefield, each player sacrifices a noncosmic creature.
Flying
3/4

Cosmic is a supertype with no inherent rules meaning, existing to make cosmic horror type spells to work better together.

----

Amphiseum Battles
Mythos [M]
(This spell resolves as an emblem. Put it onto the battlefield transformed as it arises.)
: Two target creatures chosen at random gain lifelink, then fight. Amphiseum Battles arises if three or more creatures died this turn.
: Return target creature or planeswalker to its owner's hand. Amphiseum Battles arises if that permanent's controller controls no planeswalkers.

/////

The Rulus, Tyrants of the Wheel
Planeswalker - Syl Chardis
: Until the beginning of your next turn, whenever a creature attacks The Rulus, The Rulus deal 3 damage to that creature.
: Until the beginning of your next turn, whenever a planeswalker enters the battlefield, move two loyalty counters from that planeswalker onto The Rulus.
: Search target player's library for a nongreen, nonland card, exile it, and that player shuffles his or her library.
: Exile all nonland permanents target opponent controls.

Mythos is a non-permanent card type, a spell that resolves into the command zone, where it functions like an emblem. A mythos is always a double-faced card, and has at least one abilty that can cause it to arise, meaning to be put onto the battlefield transformed.

----

Riddle of the Vanished Tombs
Mythos
(This spell resolves as an emblem. Put it onto the battlefield transformed as it arises.)
At the beginning of your upkeep, each player sacrifices a Tomb. If there are three or more Tomb cards in all graveyards, Riddle of the Vanished Tombs arises.

/////

Vengeful Tombwalker
Cosmic Artifact Creature - Tomb Golem
Vengeful Tombwalker's power and toughness are each equal to the number of Tombs on the battlefield plus twice the number of Tomb cards in all graveyards.
Menace
*/*

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:46 am 

Criteria #1: New Subtype ─ "Ranks"

Ranks - Solider have Ranks: "Private", "Sergeant", "Captain", "General", "Warlord"

The higher the rank, the higher the converted mana cost. Privates have a 1, Sergeants a 2, Captains a 3 and Generals are four or more. Warlord is special. It can have any.

Gunnery Sergeant
Creature ─ Human Soldier Sergeant
Private creatures you control get +1/+1.
2/2

Criteria #2: New Supertype ─ "Army"

Creatures can be Army creatures. This is meant to flavorfully and mechanically capture the idea that one card is an entire army. The rules update is:

Army creatures have Shroud, Trample and Stalwart. Shroud because you don't can't target individual soldier in an army, they are only affected on mass if you want to be effective. Trample because its a gigantic stampeding crowd of soldiers bent on destroying you. Stalwart is my keyword for (This creature can block any number of creatures). They have this ability because they can block lots of guys because they are an army. I was going to include "Army creatures can only be blocked by Army creatures" but that's just flying and trample is more flavorful. The upkeep is to reflect supply lines and all the non-combat military folk that are necessary in order to make an army function.

I am going to include a few different Armies to best illustrate the point:

The Might of Angren
Army Creature ─ Dwarf Soldier (R)
(Army creatures have shroud, trample and stalwart.)
At the beginning of your upkeep pay or sacrifice The Might of Angren.
When The Might of Angren enters the battlefield, creatures opponents control can’t block this turn.
10/10

Other examples of Army Creatures

Criteria #3: New Card Type ─ Battlegrounds

Battlegrounds are a new card type and a new win con.

1) They have a cost to play.
2) They are a permanent.
3) They are under your control until an opposing player removes the last Victory counter from it.
4) They can be attacked just like Planeswalkers and they have a certain number of Victory counters associated with them. Whenever an opposing player successfully deals COMBAT damage to a battleground, a single Victory counter is removed. When the last Victory counter is removed the player that last dealt combat damage to it gains control of it and it regains all its Victory counters.
5) If a player controls three or more CAPTURED battlegrounds (Battleground you control but do not own), that player wins the game.
6) I probably missed something important rules wise.

Benalia City
Battleground (R)
When Benalia City enters the battlefield and at the beginning of your upkeep create a 1/1 white human soldier creature token.

Other examples of Battlegrounds

Criteria #4: All New Types

Ok you got me. I'm not sure I can make a Battleground Creature, but hey lets give it a try.

Lord Murdoch "Madman" Malone
Legendary Army Battleground Creature ─ Human Soldier Warlord (M)
When Lord Murdoch "Madman" Malone deals combat damage to a Battleground put a Victory counter on each other Battlefield you control.
Creatures you control get +1/+1 for each Battleground you control.
5/5

His combat prowess was legendary. His loyalty, not so much.

Ephemeron

Last edited by Dudibus on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:50 am 

Subtype

Zaaaswagger, Chainsaw "Justice" -
Legendary Creature - Human Berserker Hero
Trample, Double Strike, Absorb 1
Grandeur - , Discard a card named ~: Until end of turn, whenever ~ deals combat damage to an opponent, for each permanent type he or she controls, he or she sacrifices half of it, rounded up.
5/2

Hero and Villains

Supertype

Wrathful Retaliation -
Justified Instant
If an opponent dealt 5 or more damage to you this turn, ~ is justified.
Exile an permanent of your choice.
"If it is war they want, I will give them hell."

Justified (Insert Card Type here) can only be casted when it is justified.

Card type

Repel or Trample
Choice
Cast ~ only when another player is attacked by a player other than you.
, Good - Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to target defending player this turn. If you are Good, you and that player gains 2 life for each attacking creature.
, Evil - Whenever combat damage would be dealt to players this turn, it deals that much damage plus one instead. If you are Evil, it deals twice that much damage instead.

Like the card type suggests, make a choice when you cast choices. All choices have flash. Some choices have additional conditions for casting it while others don't. Every choice would count as either one Good or Evil counter and is only counted when the Choice resolves. Choice are not permanents, more like emblems. They do not go to the graveyard as they resolved. When a player gathers a difference of three good counters from evil counters, his alignment becomes good and vice versa. However, he can only choose the choice of his or her alignment for the rest of the game but will be additionally rewarded.

... ... Heh, good and evil.

Heh.

Types, Assemble!

As I Stand Among the Broken Fields
Justified Choice
Cast ~ only if you have five or less life. If three or more permanents you control are destroyed this turn, ~ is justified.
-------------------
Good -
The Ghost of Whitehelm -
Legendary Creature - Human Hero
Haste, Lifelink, Dethrone, Vigilance
If your alignment is Good, ~ is indestructible and has protection from black.
: Destroy target tapped creature. You gain life equal to its toughness.
"If I can't defend my homeland, I will sure well avenge it."
5/5

/// Flip-side /// (Choose which side to cast~~~)

Evil -
The Shade from Whitehelm -
Legendary Creature - Human Villain
You can't lose the game and your opponents can't win the game.
When ~ enters the battlefield, each opponent's life total becomes equal to yours.
: Untap target creature and gain control of it until end of turn. It gains haste until end of turn. Then, sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step. If you are Evil, exile it instead and put a copy of that creature onto the battlefield except it is a shade in addition to its other creature types.
3/7

Last edited by Confused on Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:56 am 

This thread represents design perfection.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:57 pm 

Grades up today.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:53 am 

Grades up today.

Lies.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:01 am 

Yeah, got distracted.

I'm also a liar and if I do a hidden grade system it's because I'm lazy.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:42 am 

And I thought we can finally laugh at ourselves.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:50 am 

I'm pretty sure we're all losers here.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:29 am 

Identity: Female
my new subtype is ant because i like the idea of ant tribal, ants have a very strong identity among insects and their strong communal behaviour is just asking to be tribalized. There will only be four ants printed and they will all be 1/1s with abilities that help put each other on the field

Ant Matriarch - 3GG
Creature - Ant Monster [M]
When ~ enters the battlefield, if you cast it from your hand you may search your library for any number of ant creatures and put them into your hand.
You have no maximum hand size.
1/1

my new supertype is forbidden. It is inspired by the vague impression i get from yugioh and works like this: whenever a forbidden card would enter your graveyard, instead seal it into exile (sealing cards into exile is the same as exiling them but they can't be moved back out of exile by anything), and then lose 3 life for each forbidden card you own thats sealed. The forbidden archetype is mostly BR with some U splashes, and will be similar to suicide black. Most forbidden cards will either be over the curve or have abilities that reference the number of forbidden cards you have sealed.

Astral Eviscerator - 1B
Forbidden Creature - Horror [U]
~ has haste and menace if you own a sealed forbidden card.
3/2

My new card type is Rituals. A ritual enters the battlefield with a specified number of duration counters and one is removed at the beginning of the ritual's controller's upkeep. Players can attack creatures using rituals. If a ritual would receive combat damage, add a duration counter to it. If this effect would occur a second time during the same turn, instead the ritual is destroyed.

Ritual of Growth - 1G
Ritual [C]
When ~ completes search your library for two forests and put them onto the battlefield.
[1]

i was going to do a fourth card but i grew to love my mechanics too much to do that to them

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:20 am 

What? New entry? Drats, now I have to edit my entry to nake it even more fa-bu-lo-us~~~~

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:36 pm 

Rubik wins.

Tevish got 2nd.

Comments if y'all want.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:24 am 

I'd appreciate it.

Like this post