It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:07 pm 

What happens if I have a Slippery Bogle enchanted with Hyena Umbra and my opponent pops Engineered Explosives for one - does the Bogle die and is saved by Umbra, or does the Explosives kill both (since they're both 1-CMC)?

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:33 am 

"If a spell or ability (such as Planar Cleansing) would destroy both an Aura with totem armor and the permanent it’s enchanting at the same time, totem armor’s effect will save the enchanted permanent from being destroyed. Instead, the spell or ability will destroy the Aura in two different ways at the same time, but the result is the same as destroying it once"

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:30 pm 

Oh boy I'm sure I read the gatherer rulings and still managed to miss that. Thanks!

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:34 pm 

What happens if Phyrexian Metamorph copies something that was a creature, but then ceases to become a creature? For example, a Gideon that turns back into a planeswalker, or an enchantment animated by Starfield of Nyx and then Starfield is removed?

I'm guessing that in the first case Phyrexian Metamorph dies (since it doesn't copy counters, which should include loyalty counters) while in the second, it turns into an enchantment?

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:34 am 

With Starfield of Nyx it would become the Enchantment as the Enchantment was printed. Starfield would then make it a creature and it would be an Artifact Enchantment Creature. If you ever lost enchantments and went below 5 then Metamorph would become just the Artifact Enchantment and lose it's creature status.

Gideon. He would become Gideon as the card is printed. He would however, have no loyalty counters. He'd die immediately unless you had something that gives Planeswalkers Loyalty Counters when they ETB.

Ruling in the Gatherer Page - Except for also being an artifact, Phyrexian Metamorph copies exactly what was printed on the original permanent and nothing more (unless that creature is itself copying something or is a token; see below). It doesn’t copy whether that permanent is tapped or untapped, whether it has any counters on it or Auras attached to it, or any noncopy effects that have changed its power, toughness, types, color, and so on.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:58 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: Mr.
School me.
I hindsight I'm now assuming "gets +1/+1" is distinct from a +1/+1 counter. Right?
I just screwed up thinking a Merfolk was unblockable because he "got" instead of having placed by another creature, instant, etc.
He was not unblockable and died. I won the game anyway. First outing on a nice little Simic Merfolk deck I just built.

Now with absolutely no new content and cash bar only please!
https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster
My band Shakey Deal YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBpPU1fbAjSPTfu3g0vubLw
Shakey Deal Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDeal.Neil.Young.tribute/
Shakey Deal Audio Page
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDealAudio1/

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:57 pm 

Yes, getting +1/+1 isn't the same as getting a +1/+1 counter. +1/+1 typically wears off at end of turn, +1/+1 counters stay on.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:29 pm 

How exactly does the interaction between Blood Sun and Unclaimed Territory work? Gatherer ruling says "If a land has an ability that causes it to enter the battlefield tapped, it will lose that ability before it applies. The same is also true of any other abilities of a land that modify how it enters the battlefield or apply “as” it enters the battlefield, such as the first ability of Unclaimed Territory."

I'm taking this to mean that if Blood Sun is on the battlefield and I play Unclaimed Territory, I can only ever tap Unclaimed Territory for colorless mana, since I never get the chance to name something. This applies even if Blood Sun is destroyed, since the Unclaimed Territory would already have ETB'ed when that happens. Correct?

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:10 am 

Correct

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17