It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:17 am 

Thank you for the clarification.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:38 pm 

So here is a new one on me.

Just had an opponent cast T2 Wharf Infiltrator into T3 Sphinx's Tutelage....and proceed to start milling me for ~10 per swing.

I found this odd, but alright. Was playing my Temur Fog deck. I proceeded to go T3 Visions, T4 Dynavolt with Fog in hand and mana up to cast it.

Opponent swings, I Fog, he ends his turn. My turn rolls around.

Hey look, I can't cast any spells. I can't even play a land. Everything is highlighted, but nope, cant cast anything, cant skip to the next phase of my turn. I figure it may be a connection issue so I decide to wait, I could still potentially win the game here even with him milling for unreasonable amounts off of Infiltrator. I still have 2x Fog, and a Geistblast in hand, with Visions and Dynavolt on the table so I figure I could still win the race.

Proceed to wait until my entire turn timer runs out. Game still wont let me play anything, game still won't let me progress to the next phase. I sit here for about 15 minutes waiting (well actually I heat up some leftovers to eat) and still nothing.

So I finally decide to concede the game, whatever. I decide to send the guy a message and notice he is still in the game we were playing (at the exact life total he was at when I left). I send him a message of "So uhhh, what was that?" and get back a reply of "you losing dumazz"

Yup, so not sure exactly how this was done or what all was going on, but I am absolutely sure that this wasn't just some random freak occurrence.

I should probably also note that this happened while playing on Xbox. I know naming and shaming is frowned upon here by the mods, so I won't go that far, but I did make sure to keep his gamertag written down so I know just to avoid this person in the future. Shame, really wish I would have been streaming when it happened. Was kind of stupid.

Xbox Gamertag: LingeringEnigma

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:48 am 

Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: He
If not hacks then a major bugout for the game for sure by the sounds of things.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:54 pm 

Eon, my game freezes once every few weeks just like that so prolly not a hack. Guy sounds like a jerk tho

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:29 am 

Hmm,
I just had an opponent block my Gifted Aetherborn with all of his three Sram's Expertise tokens and they all died.. Since the Aetherborn has only 2 power, 1 token should have survived, regardless of the deathtouch right?

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:45 am 

Yeah it should've only killed 2, you sure your aetherborn wasn't getting a boost in power somewhere?

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:05 am 

I'm sure my Aetherborn wasn't pumped, but now I'm doubting if there was some artifact sacrifice going on. But that would've been a blatant misplay on the opponent's part then. Blocking to kill my Aetherborn and then saccing a servo, letting it live? It wasn't in a match against the AI where you could expect something like that.

EDIT: In fact, my Aetherborn died as well, so there wasn't any artifact sacrifice going on either. I'll need to replicate it I guess to be sure what just happened.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:48 pm 

Identity: Protozoan
Preferred Pronoun Set: Soup/Soup's/Soupself
Here's a minor bug: on iOS, during my turn, the "YOUR TURN" indicator on the left side is blurred, as though someone smudged my screen. My screen is not smudged and it is creating some kind of compulsive desire to clean my iPad.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:14 am 

Where right click?

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:22 am 

Well I think soup complaining about the jizz stains on his tablet is the highlight of this thread

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:41 pm 

So i'm not sure about this interaction, if it worked as intended or if Stainless strikes back.

I have Glyph Keeper on the board, opponent casts Ulamog and targets Keeper to exile it. Well Ulamog exiles it but it also get countered and goes into the gy.
What i'm expecting is the effect getting countered saving my Keeper, not Ulamog. Is it wrong?

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8WdNm ... mA6v3zuwoA
Deckbuilding contest: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=17763

Last edited by Giocher on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:44 pm 

That sounds like a bug, you should post it over at the reddit thread.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:50 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: uhhhhh
Giocher wrote:
So i'm not sure about this interaction, if it worked as intended or if Stainless strikes back.

I have Glyph Keeper on the board, opponent cast Ulamog and target Keeper to exile it. Well Ulamog exiles it but it also get countered and goes into the gy.
What i'm expecting is the effect getting countered saving my Keeper, not Ulamog. Is it wrong?

Ulamog should not be able to exile Glyph Keeper unless it was previously targeted that turn. That's a triggered ability and one of things Glyph Keeper blocks.

The one true King of NGA Magic Duels on Xbox One.

You want some? Come get some. You don't like me? Bite me.

Day 1,000 of the never-ending Vert monarchy.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=16077

Magic's a simple game, 2 people take turns playing cards and in the end Divinevert wins 2-0...

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:56 pm 

No it was the first time targeted in that turn. In fact it actually countered something, that is Ulamog but not its effect.

So it seems a bug, i called it some weeks ago when i talked about countering abilities (different from Smasher). viewtopic.php?p=552096#p552096
I will report it on reddit and see what they answer.

Edit: it seems that someone already reported it one hour ago. http://i.imgur.com/qnpOZbk.jpg

Last edited by Giocher on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:00 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: 46 & 2
The thing is that particular ability on Ulamog is an on cast ability that isn't tied to his resolution, as of now in duels there is nothing that stops it from resolving

OK I actually went and read Glyph Keeper that should counter Ulamog's ability

IoS Koth viewtopic.php?f=38&t=16119&start=480#p559563

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:15 pm 

Giocher wrote:
No it was the first time targeted in that turn. In fact it actually countered something, that is Ulamog but not its effect.

So it seems a bug, i called it some weeks ago when i talked about countering abilities (different from Smasher). I will report it on reddit and see what they answer.

Edit: it seems that someone already reported it one hour ago. http://i.imgur.com/qnpOZbk.jpg

Wait, so Ulamog tried to exile it, and Glyph Keeper's ability essentially countered Ulamog?

I mean, yes, of course that's a bug, but that's a heck of a consolation prize.

Magic's a simple game, 2 people take turns playing cards and in the end Divinevert wins 2-0...

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:18 pm 

Now i'm wondering how it works with pws abilities (Ob) or etb effects (black hulk).

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:24 pm 

Giocher wrote:
Now i'm wondering how it works with pws abilities (Ob) or etb effects (black hulk).

Not just Ob, but Lili/Big Jace/Little Jace

Lots of PWs have abilities that can target creatures. I'm guessing since they wouldn't be still pending spells, they wouldn't be countered.

I bet it does the same thing it did to Ulamog to Elder Deep-Fiend trying to tap it, though.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:27 pm 

divinevert wrote:
Giocher wrote:

Not just Ob, but Lili/Big Jace/Little Jace

Lots of PWs have abilities that can target creatures. I'm guessing since they wouldn't be still pending spells, they wouldn't be countered.

I bet it does the same thing it did to Ulamog to Elder Deep-Fiend trying to tap it, though.

Yeah probably, time to test it. Anyway they answered on reddit that they got the report and passed it to devs.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:11 pm 

Jeez is multiplayer ever buggy. Really slow, long delays and now I'm stuck end of main phase unable to play cards or anything

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next