It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 429 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: S.o.B: BBM
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:06 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 4386
Rag/KoD and whomever gets killed tonight should totally vote for Silly.

_________________
PbP Characters


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: S.o.B: BBM
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:54 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 3584
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Identity: Spider-Man
Preferred Pronoun Set: Wtf is a "Jabber address"?
Mown wrote:
Zinger2099 wrote:
No again. The point in not lynching is because, as I have proven, unlike in traditional games a lynch in this game directly benefit the scum players more than they do the town. The Mafia NEED to lynch to win, because I've rendered their Night Kill effectively useless. You could argue that the Town too need to lynch to win, but we have the luxury of not needing to lynch right now. We could go Days without a lynch if we wanted to, and the longer this game goes on the harder it becomes for the scum to maintain their facade consistently.

I legitimately cannot fathom your view on this game. If we just lynch Silly over and over for say, ten thousand turns, you're not going to get any new revelations, because the game will effectively just be put on pause. If we had Rag; yeah, sure, excellent plan. But we don't.
And if you actually advocated for this on the grounds of "If Silly has limited resurrections, we'll eventually find the limit", then that would actually be a reasonable point. But it isn't, your reasoning is just nothing. You seem desperate to prolong the game for some reason.
Why could that be, I wonder.

What's the rush, Mown? :bored: You're right that it is effectively a stalemate, but you're wrong about it bringing no new information. Each new Day brings things to light. More posts to analyze IS more information. Do you have a better idea? Because you're essentially proposing a blind guess with limited intel over an educated one with more intel (Intel, in this case, being posts by players that can be psychoanalyzed).

_________________
ImageImage
The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: S.o.B: BBM
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:59 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 3584
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Identity: Spider-Man
Preferred Pronoun Set: Wtf is a "Jabber address"?
Besides Mown, in the current game state, I haven't lost. That's infinitely a superior alternative than to lynching incorrectly and losing. And since I don't fear prolonging the game (because Night Kills don't scare me), then I see no reason why not to drag it out until I'm absolutely sure I've correctly pegged the Mafia and Self player.

Right now I am assuming Silly is the Self, and one of you and/or Tevish is the Mafia. I'm not sure enough to push for a lynch though.

_________________
ImageImage
The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: S.o.B: BBM
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:20 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Feb 21, 2014
Posts: 1922
Location: Flying over the oilfields
Identity: Attack Helicopter
im town

vanilla town

_________________
A little bit of courage is the real magic.
Image


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: S.o.B: BBM
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:56 am 
Offline
YMtC Champ '11
YMtC Pro Tour Champion
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 8858
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/my/mine/himself
Zinger2099 wrote:
What's the rush, Mown?

I didn't have any.
But then you came today and went all "Hey let's just perpetuate this loop forever" and now I'm kind of concerned.
Zinger2099 wrote:
Each new Day brings things to light. More posts to analyze IS more information.

If there's a topic you want to discuss, then you should bring it forward. Otherwise, this flood of information you expect to come won't appear. If the game state doesn't change, then people will just lose interest and stop talking, because there is nothing to talk about. But hey, maybe if you ask me whether or not I'm town five or so more times, I'll change my answer. I think you overestimate your psychoanalytical skills.

I currently support trying to have an unanimous lynch on Silly. If that doesn't work, and NeoSilk doesn't stay dead, then I'll probably join a brainstorm of other ways to get Silly dead, and if we end up empty handed, ultimately just make a decision. If the status quo hasn't changed since then, I'll probably be pointing my finger your way.

_________________
In the custody of febb since 12.05.16
[Warchief] Custom EDH Project

you're like the kind of person who would cast Necropotence irl


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: S.o.B: BBM
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:03 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 4386
Mown wrote:
I currently support trying to have an unanimous lynch on Silly. If that doesn't work, and NeoSilk doesn't stay dead, then I'll probably join a brainstorm of other ways to get Silly dead, and if we end up empty handed, ultimately just make a decision. If the status quo hasn't changed since then, I'll probably be pointing my finger your way.


So....I'm alive right now, as far as I know. Is there something you want to share?

_________________
PbP Characters


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: S.o.B: BBM
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:15 am 
Offline
YMtC Champ '11
YMtC Pro Tour Champion
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 8858
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/my/mine/himself
I'm just trying to bait Zinger into protecting you so I can snipe him with my NK, don't think too much about it.

That or I'm just taking your death for granted, but considering the second night, I suppose I shouldn't. Maybe the NK is only every other night or following some other condition.

_________________
In the custody of febb since 12.05.16
[Warchief] Custom EDH Project

you're like the kind of person who would cast Necropotence irl


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: S.o.B: BBM
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:07 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 3584
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Identity: Spider-Man
Preferred Pronoun Set: Wtf is a "Jabber address"?
Hah. Why would I protect neo when I could just resurrect him after if he dies?

See Mown. Told you that new information always comes to light if you wait long enough.

Look guys. Mown just claimed mafia.

_________________
ImageImage
The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: S.o.B: BBM
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:13 am 
Offline
YMtC Champ '11
YMtC Pro Tour Champion
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 8858
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/my/mine/himself
Where "long enough" is "before the plan is even set in motion". Spare me the snide response.
I could give you an in-depth thesis of the phychological influences that lead me to phrase my sentence the way I did, but I'm pretty I can't sway your confirmation bias, so I'll spare myself the effort and just say that I admit my phrasing was really poor. However, if you're not operating on the assumption that NeoSilk is dying tonight (again), then I find that peculiar.

_________________
In the custody of febb since 12.05.16
[Warchief] Custom EDH Project

you're like the kind of person who would cast Necropotence irl


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: S.o.B: BBM
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:04 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 31, 2017
Posts: 203
Location: Px2
Identity: 15377
Preferred Pronoun Set: It
Day Break


Neosilk has been killed! Again!

Not sure if anybody is really surprised there. But alas, that's the way the day breaks.

Deadline is set for Wednesday (12/13) at 11:59 PM EST.

_________________
This is a signature.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: S.o.B: BBM
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:43 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 3584
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Identity: Spider-Man
Preferred Pronoun Set: Wtf is a "Jabber address"?
Vote: Mown

_________________
ImageImage
The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: S.o.B: BBM
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:56 pm 
Offline
YMtC Champ '11
YMtC Pro Tour Champion
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 8858
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/my/mine/himself
what happened to waiting a few thousand million rounds
it's not like there's a rush
and more information is always good

_________________
In the custody of febb since 12.05.16
[Warchief] Custom EDH Project

you're like the kind of person who would cast Necropotence irl


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: S.o.B: BBM
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:04 pm 
Offline
YMtC Champ '11
YMtC Pro Tour Champion
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 8858
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/my/mine/himself
ps: you should still try to get rid of silly

_________________
In the custody of febb since 12.05.16
[Warchief] Custom EDH Project

you're like the kind of person who would cast Necropotence irl


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: S.o.B: BBM
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:54 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 9127
The land of Wind and Ghosts is sad and silent. Maybe with daybreak Rag and KoD (and Neo, for as long as he's down with us) will speak up and I'll see if there's some agreement to go for totality on Silly. Though KoD was pretty sure Mown was scum so if a Mown lynch looks possible I kind of expect him to be inclined towards it.

I still think rounding up totality on Silly is our best option if we can manage.

Vote: Mown, but only because there's no Hammer in this game, as a contingent move versus general inactivity.

My big worry is that we lynch Mown and still get a Night Kill. That would be a bit of a disaster (though less of one if Neo gets back up)

_________________
"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: S.o.B: BBM
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:08 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Feb 21, 2014
Posts: 1922
Location: Flying over the oilfields
Identity: Attack Helicopter
vote tevish

_________________
A little bit of courage is the real magic.
Image


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: S.o.B: BBM
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:54 am 
Offline
YMtC Champ '11
YMtC Pro Tour Champion
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 8858
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/my/mine/himself
You're probably right that KoD won't let me off the hook.

_________________
In the custody of febb since 12.05.16
[Warchief] Custom EDH Project

you're like the kind of person who would cast Necropotence irl


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: S.o.B: BBM
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:34 am 
Offline
YMtC Champ '11
YMtC Pro Tour Champion
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 8858
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/my/mine/himself
so
where is neo

_________________
In the custody of febb since 12.05.16
[Warchief] Custom EDH Project

you're like the kind of person who would cast Necropotence irl


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: S.o.B: BBM
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:46 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 9127
Still among the dead ATM, we haven't gotten a new QT. He's down for a push on Silly Totality, though.

_________________
"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: S.o.B: BBM
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:24 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Feb 21, 2014
Posts: 1922
Location: Flying over the oilfields
Identity: Attack Helicopter


also as far as im aware i have not lied about anything this game :^)

_________________
A little bit of courage is the real magic.
Image


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: S.o.B: BBM
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:19 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 31, 2017
Posts: 203
Location: Px2
Identity: 15377
Preferred Pronoun Set: It
Deadline in roughly 7 hours.

_________________
This is a signature.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 429 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group