It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 422 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: S.o.B: BBM
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:28 am 

Identity: Spider-Man
Preferred Pronoun Set: Wtf is a "Jabber address"?
Mown wrote:
You know, I did actually vote for you last night, I forgot.
I mean, I ended up not doing it because of the rules, but it was my intent to do so.

Vote: Silly

I don't actually think this is productive, but I suppose I will entertain TZ's idea of a charge system, if only because expecting anything else at this point seems futile. I'm not going to go through this iteration nine times just in case Silly is a cat though, so I expect that tomorrow we'll have to bite the bullet and go scum-lynching, or we'll get buried in night kills.

We can't get burried in night kills as long as I'm around. stop fear-mongering.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:37 am 
YMtC Champ '11
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/my/mine/himself
I only hold that opinion because you've disavowed resurrecting NeoSilk the first time you know. Had you at any point expressed confidence that Silly's near-death experience didn't stop you from resurrecting, I wouldn't be doing this "fear-mongering".

mr. "I think we're doomed to lose the game at this point".

you're like the kind of person who would cast Necropotence irl

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:46 am 

@Zinger - the question was implied, based on the fact that you seemed to have info that was not generally available at that time.
If you are able to bring people back, then lynching should be automatic. Even with limited info from the lynches, it's still the only thing we can do to win, and, if we get it wrong, you can just bring people back.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:24 pm 

Zinger's claim is to be depowered on the next day if a lynch actually goes through. That means if we successfully lynch but don't hit scum, the bodies will really start to pile up with Lynch+NK. And that's not counting whatever Rubik does. If on the other hand we NL or the lynch is not lethal (such as KoD being preemptively hell-dragged or presumably our previous failure to kill Silly), Zinger can thereafter redeem the NK. The player revived is cleared of "Mafia" status and based on what we know Rubik has no chance to work his magic. Granted, the Mafia can just kill the same person over and over to create a psuedo-stalemate. This would seem to be your lot, Neo: You've been killed and revived twice now, once (allegedly) by Rubik and once by Zinger.

From my point of view, this means that one of Mown or Silly is Mafia and the other is Self, but with Rubik running about I'm thinking the Self player might not be a threat to the town. My current theory is that Silly is mafia and successfully getting Silly dead will probably end the game, while Mown is some survivor-type (probably with some significant twist, given the amount of resurrection in this game) or otherwise nonhostile Self.

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:31 pm 

Oh, as to Rag's results... they were not particularly conclusive: he registered Neo as "mod aligned" but discounted his own results with "Athough when neo was talking in the earlier dead thread he was claiming to be town (and lying about his alignment was somewhat pointless since he was intending to be cult-revived by rubik). "

I went back and looked at Rag's flip

JayDreven wrote:
Rag is Town Aligned Codename Cop.

Codename Cop.

Frankly, we don't know what this means when combined with the results, but I find it likely that Rag would not be given a "Straight answer" for his cop results. This makes having one and only one result of frustratingly little use.

If anybody wants me to interrogate rag about the details of his role PM or something I can do that but the dead have been largely silent since Neo's resurrection.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:29 pm 

So - assuming everything Zinger said was confirmed, there's no point in not lynching today, since there's no one to bring back to life, right? Since KoD and Rag are both in hell.
I see no reason not to have everyone vote Silly - maybe if everyone living votes, that would work?

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:26 pm 

Identity: Attack Helicopter
official claim: the fact that tevish doesn't know what rag's name means is a pretty obvious indicator that he's mafia

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:13 pm 

I have my suspicions but we have no clue what "mod aligned" means. Those were Rag's exact words, and the precise nature of it is tilting me.

Want a screenshot? I can provide.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:56 pm 

NeoSilk wrote:
@Zinger - the question was implied, based on the fact that you seemed to have info that was not generally available at that time.
If you are able to bring people back, then lynching should be automatic. Even with limited info from the lynches, it's still the only thing we can do to win, and, if we get it wrong, you can just bring people back.

No. I can't bring people back who are lynched. You get lynched, you're gone for good (at least, as far as my role is concerned).

Also, "implied" my ass. That's **** and you know it. I said one thing, and you pointed out I was wrong - end of story. There was no question there. Perhaps you intended to phrase it as a question and did not, sure, I'll buy that, but either way I didn't ignore any direct attempt to "call me out" until long after you started accusing me of such, probably to make me look bad for reasons I can only guess. It's a good thing I'm fairly convinced you're not mafia, cuz you're mighty suspicious otherwise.
NeoSilk wrote:
So - assuming everything Zinger said was confirmed, there's no point in not lynching today, since there's no one to bring back to life, right? Since KoD and Rag are both in hell.
I see no reason not to have everyone vote Silly - maybe if everyone living votes, that would work?

No again. The point in not lynching is because, as I have proven, unlike in traditional games a lynch in this game directly benefit the scum players more than they do the town. The Mafia NEED to lynch to win, because I've rendered their Night Kill effectively useless. You could argue that the Town too need to lynch to win, but we have the luxury of not needing to lynch right now. We could go Days without a lynch if we wanted to, and the longer this game goes on the harder it becomes for the scum to maintain their facade consistently.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:30 am 

Identity: 15377
Preferred Pronoun Set: It
Vote Count 4.Final

Silly: Tevish, Neo, Zinger, Mown
Tevish: Silly

And so the collective decided that the day would best be spent tickling Silly as the sun set. I dunno, must be in the name.

It's now night. You have 48 hours roughly.

Last edited by JayDreven on Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:33 am 

This is actually somewhat useful.

If Silly can't be lynched, then voting Silly is tantamount to voting No Lynch, except it is more likely to be successful than abstaining from a vote at all, since one person voting outside of those who would abstain ruins the No Lynch party.

Hmm.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:11 am 
YMtC Champ '11
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

Zinger2099 wrote:
No again. The point in not lynching is because, as I have proven, unlike in traditional games a lynch in this game directly benefit the scum players more than they do the town. The Mafia NEED to lynch to win, because I've rendered their Night Kill effectively useless. You could argue that the Town too need to lynch to win, but we have the luxury of not needing to lynch right now. We could go Days without a lynch if we wanted to, and the longer this game goes on the harder it becomes for the scum to maintain their facade consistently.

I legitimately cannot fathom your view on this game. If we just lynch Silly over and over for say, ten thousand turns, you're not going to get any new revelations, because the game will effectively just be put on pause. If we had Rag; yeah, sure, excellent plan. But we don't.
And if you actually advocated for this on the grounds of "If Silly has limited resurrections, we'll eventually find the limit", then that would actually be a reasonable point. But it isn't, your reasoning is just nothing. You seem desperate to prolong the game for some reason.
Why could that be, I wonder.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:05 am 

Something came to light yesterday after I had signed off:. The dead can vote. Or, at least, our hell-dragged fellow townies can; is inserted a last second vote count in the land of the dead with Rubik and kod listed as not voting.

1) I will grab a screenshot when my desktop isn't having a temper tantrum

2) Willy's death con is probably totality, like Carnage

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:06 am 

*Silly's, stupid autocorrect.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:11 am 

That was quick. Freeking BSODs. Here's the deadworld vote count and all activity after.
Attachment:
deadcount.jpg
deadcount.jpg [ 102.94 KiB | Viewed 69 times ]

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:21 am 
YMtC Champ '11
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

JD, are you just making up additional mechanics as you go along?
I'm okay with assuming that Silly is major now or something. I thought everyone voted for him last time, but KoD apparently didn't. I hope we don't need everyone to vote for Silly though.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:43 am 

:^)

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:28 am 
YMtC Champ '11
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

:^(

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:49 am 

I'm still vanilla

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:37 pm 

Identity: 15377
Preferred Pronoun Set: It
Mown wrote:
JD, are you just making up additional mechanics as you go along?

Not yet. Maybe in Day 10 though.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 422 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next