It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 751 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:25 pm 

Yxoque wrote:
Random idea: Farming treefolk and eating their fruit.

I wasn't supposed to think that, was I?

It's a bad idea in any case.

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:52 pm 

So I've been working ahead: somebody's going to be taking a sojourn into a rather literal nightmare realm. The Oldwalker boss of that place (Aven, but by now mixed with demon and dragon in various horrific ways) was a subject of some internal debate for me. Outline as it is, he's set to be deadly serious: and that fits the tone of a story that's a trek through a world of horror. But there was a point where I considered having him be insane. Like, coo-coo for cocopuffs, classic comic book insane. Which would potentially involve fourth wall breaks and other touches the real world shenanigans. After sleeping on it, I decided that such a thing had zero place in the M:EM (as I rather knew all along). So I guess this isn't casting anything more adrift than the random mental images that emerged from such a bad idea having crossed my mind

Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:55 pm 

Identity: Human
So I've been working ahead: somebody's going to be taking a sojourn into a rather literal nightmare realm. The Oldwalker boss of that place (Aven, but by now mixed with demon and dragon in various horrific ways) was a subject of some internal debate for me. Outline as it is, he's set to be deadly serious: and that fits the tone of a story that's a trek through a world of horror. But there was a point where I considered having him be insane. Like, coo-coo for cocopuffs, classic comic book insane. Which would potentially involve fourth wall breaks and other touches the real world shenanigans. After sleeping on it, I decided that such a thing had zero place in the M:EM (as I rather knew all along). So I guess this isn't casting anything more adrift than the random mental images that emerged from such a bad idea having crossed my mind

Spoiler

I feel like this is an open invitation for Raven to drive everyone nuts.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:18 pm 

I feel like this is an open invitation for Raven to drive everyone nuts.

To be fair, I sort of look at almost everything on this forum as an open invitation to drive you guys nuts.

I'm sort of like a sanity vampire. The only way I stay sane is by leeching sanity from others.

:D

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:11 am 

Identity: Male
That explains

a lot of things.

Solphos: Solphos | Fool's Gold | Planeswalker's Guide | The Guiding Light | The Weight of a Soul
Game design: Pokémon Tales | Fleets of Ossia: War Machines | Hunter Killer | Red Jackie's Run

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:13 pm 

That explains

a lot of things.

:shifty:

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:57 pm 

My Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/Carliro

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:00 am 

An apathetic yet avarice doctor who, apart from his desire for gold, couldn't care less whether things are one way or another.

Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:09 am 

I have this concept I like, but too many characters.
Maybe it hits a few notes too similar to other things too.

A vedalken from a clan of mages who have been protected by a clan of beefy warrior four armed vedalken. Except he just doesn't like magic, though he's good enough at it, so chooses to be a warrior and excels at it simply because he has to work so much harder than the other clan.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:49 am 

Identity: Male
Reading about Gorbachev and I realize there's a good character arc in there. Spending your whole life clawing your way to power and making compromises so you can reform the system when you reach the top... only to have it fall apart as soon as you attain power. Kind of sad.

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:43 pm 

Identity: Human
Barinellos wrote:

A vedalken from a clan of mages who have been protected by a clan of beefy warrior four armed vedalken. Except he just doesn't like magic, though he's good enough at it, so chooses to be a warrior and excels at it simply because he has to work so much harder than the other clan.

That sounds like half of all the protagonists of shounen animes.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:52 pm 

Barinellos wrote:

You say beefy four-armed Vedalken warriors but all I see are Green Martians.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:06 am 

That sounds like half of all the protagonists of shounen animes.

that's absurd!
...it's like a quarter tops.
Besides, this would not be a young man. Probably more seinen range than shounen.

You say beefy four-armed Vedalken warriors but all I see are Green Martians.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing
And suddenly it becomes nigh irresistible to name him Dotar Sojat.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:40 pm 

A setting where ancient man used lycanthropy and druidism to survive a world full of gargantuans, dragons and the like. Turning into an animal to evade the big predators, working with other animals that would serve as prey to outwit the beasties. Perhaps nacatl, loxodon and the like could be offshoots of ancient man that fully embraced their bestial side and are uber militant about it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:48 am 

A setting where ancient man used lycanthropy and druidism to survive a world full of gargantuans, dragons and the like. Turning into an animal to evade the big predators, working with other animals that would serve as prey to outwit the beasties. Perhaps nacatl, loxodon and the like could be offshoots of ancient man that fully embraced their bestial side and are uber militant about it.

Perhaps a world with only mana?

My Patreon:

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:10 pm 

Speaking of which, remember the archon world? Hit a flash of glory when I realised that the layers of illusion could be worlds without one colour of mana each.

My Patreon:

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:39 pm 

Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She
I might make this idea someday, but if anyone writes stuff let me know so I can incorporate it in cards. An island, polynesians, hawaiaan etc flavored plane about floating magocal boats to many many spheres in the plane. Planets basically, but like the size of pluto. Maybe theres even anti gravity space water between them or they float on aether or something.

People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:44 am 

There's an idea kind of sitting on my brain.
It's got potential, but I'm not sure if it's really worth it, or really how original it may be.
But... an avatar planeswalker.
A being whose spark ignited when possessed by something infinitely larger than themselves.

Now, the being is flung far from their world... still possibly possessed by that thing inside.
They certainly think they are a god, they have power enough, but there would always be that question... is it true, or just in their head. Can you imagine what a local god would make of being thrust from their reality? What would they think when they found other gods? Rivals? Brothers?

And, if truly the planeswalker is an avatar... What fate befalls the followers when their god has gone missing?

I know there's some cool stories that could be made with it. I just don't know if it is an idea worth developing.

Also, jeebus, I can never come up with a simple **** concept, can I?

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:16 am 

I think that from how Amonkhet developed Gods, they are products of leylines on planes. It would be like tearing a fragment off a plane, which could have devastating consequences. Heck, I'd like to see Erebos develop a spark, and finding the ambition to not need religious belief to stay alive nor be Heliod's lackey.

An Avatar might be safer, but what is the avatar of? How does it work? These things I don't know.

Currently I'm trying to wrack my mind finding a way to make overload happen in MtG (MtG has a lot of things that Hearthstone can't do, such as splashing, but has memory issues being a major concern) as well as make mechanics for three worldbuilding ideas I had. My post count is increasing and I participate less in games because I'm treating the place more like a laboratory than a forum.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:05 am 

I think that from how Amonkhet developed Gods, they are products of leylines on planes. It would be like tearing a fragment off a plane, which could have devastating consequences. Heck, I'd like to see Erebos develop a spark, and finding the ambition to not need religious belief to stay alive nor be Heliod's lackey.

You don't develop a spark, you're either born with one or not.
And gods seemed to be created beings, mostly by natural phenomenon, but nothing you'd call birth.

Quote:
An Avatar might be safer, but what is the avatar of? How does it work? These things I don't know.

The god that's possessing them. That's what an avatar is.
It's a physical embodiment of a larger being.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 751 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next