It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7026 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 352  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:20 pm 

You want chocolate, he can get you all the chocolate you need. For the right price of course.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:14 am 

So, I got to see a brilliant community theater production of Jekyll & Hyde; the Musical tonight. Man, that was cool. Also, really tragic.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:16 am 

Aaarrrgh wrote:
So, I got to see a brilliant community theater production of Jekyll & Hyde; the Musical tonight. Man, that was cool. Also, really tragic.

Would you say it's worse than Magic: The Musical, or just as good? :shifty:

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:20 am 

Aaarrrgh wrote:

Would you say it's worse than Magic: The Musical, or just as good? :shifty:

Well, I usually judge a musical by the score, performance and casting, so the comparison is moot until I see/hear those aspects of Magic: The Musical. But as far as writing goes, I'd say it was nearly as good.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:50 am 

Preferred Pronoun Set: she
Oops, I meant Squallmonger doesn't look like anything. Yeah Sailmonger makes sense as human.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:52 pm 

I have very fond memories of Squallmonger. Back during Urza's Block/Masques Block standard (a.k.a. The Dark Ages), I used to run Squallmonger as a 2-of in my Stompy deck. With all the mana you could generate off Gaea's Cradle, Squallmonger was perfect for doing those last 4-5 points of damage if the board stalled. And she could beat down in a pinch, too.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:07 pm 

Identity: genderqueer
Preferred Pronoun Set: zie/zin/zir/zirs/zinself
I kinda want to develop Squallmonger into a full race for some plane somewhere now. I love the weird random designs from old Magic art.

Also hi I haven't been around lately. I've been poking my head in periodically but I've been kind of too busy/overwhelmed by life to comment on anything or read in detail >_< Sorry. I'm working on my second thesis chapter and it looks like my first chapter might need a full rewrite, which y'all know tends to happen with my first drafts of stories too so not a huge surprise there. Anyway so basically I've been drowning in academia basically, but I'm still around, just... distracted. >_< Gonna try to catch up on some stuff maybe next weekish? and I plan to prioritize returning the PMs of the people involved in [project title redacted] since there's a lot of cool ideas bouncing around and I want to keep sort of working on that.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:24 pm 

So glad to hear from you, Keeper!

Don't be afraid to remind your thesis who the boss is. Point a finger at the computer and say: "I'm the boss of you, thesis! You obey me!"

I can't prove it makes the writing any easier, but it certainly made me feel better.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:23 pm 

I'm just going to make the comment here since there's nothing up for vote this week:

I'm going to consider Donagut and Blink as "In" even with only 2 meaningful votes, because the story which they're attached to, Eye for an Eye, will be counted as "In" with 3 meaningful votes. If anyone has any issues with this please let me know.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:31 pm 

I'm just going to make the comment here since there's nothing up for vote this week:

I'm going to consider Donagut and Blink as "In" even with only 2 meaningful votes, because the story which they're attached to, Eye for an Eye, will be counted as "In" with 3 meaningful votes. If anyone has any issues with this please let me know.

Hopefully everyone will see Eye to Eye on this issue...

:rofl:

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:42 pm 

Nah, if the story gets in, the characters are implicitly along for the ride.

and I plan to prioritize returning the PMs of the people involved in [project title redacted] since there's a lot of cool ideas bouncing around and I want to keep sort of working on that.

I wonder if I'm one of those people.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:21 pm 

Barinellos wrote:

Nah, if the story gets in, the characters are implicitly along for the ride.

This is true. However, often there is information in a character's dossier that is not covered in their stories, and at times, that information could potentially cause a problem for voters. I seem to remember a time when everybody "yelled" at me for assuming my dossiers on Arbagoth and Helkavin would be acceptable, even though both of those planes were "in" by virtue of "Planes of the Dual-Walkers" and "The Fallen Pharaoh" respectively. Although it's more work for us, I think it might be a dangerous to assume that dossiers are fine just because the characters are in the archives. We may need to look at dossiers as separate works.

Of course, for our purposes here, I'm fine allowing these two in... :D

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:29 pm 

I'd like to take a look at them but I also realistically won't have time for a while, and also realistically don't foresee any problems...

More evidence of high level M:EM corruption??? Probably!

(Oh also I think I probably never commented on Ruwin's orc story >_< Dammit. Ruwin, your orc story was really good! I liked it a lot!)

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:03 pm 

No worries Keeper! Just glad your still around, take all the time off you need.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:14 pm 

http://dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/post/101 ... -commander I feel like several people here will appreciate this response.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:22 pm 
Former Staff

http://dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/post/101649123739/i-love-seeing-old-nostalgia-characters-in-the-commander I feel like several people here will appreciate this response.

I can think of at least one person in particular.

I’m going to let you in on a little secret: Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don’t plan it, don’t wait for it, just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot, black coffee.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:46 am 

Preferred Pronoun Set: she
That was me! First time getting my "question" posted (not that it was an important one).

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:00 pm 

Identity: Human
Gonna leave this here.

M:EMber | Myer's-Briggs type | Myer's-Briggs alternative type | Temperament (humour) | Enneagram number | Enneagram alternate number | Alignment #1 | Alignment #2
Barinellos | INTP | ISTP | Choleric | 6: The Loyalist | | True Neutral |
Aaarrrgh | ISTP | | | | |
Lord LunaEquie is me | ISTJ | ISTP | Phlegmatic | 5: The Investigator | 6: The Loyalist | Lawful Good | Lawful Good
Arcades Sabboth | IFSJ | | Choleric | 1: The Reformer | 6: The Loyalist | | Neutral Good
RavenoftheBlack | INFP | | Choleric | | | Lawful Good |
Burning_Earth | INTP | | Choleric | 5: The Investigator | | Neutral Good |
Tevish Szat | INTJ | | | | | |
chinkeeyong | INFP | | Phlegmatic | 7: The Enthusiast | 5: The Investigator | Neutral Good | Chaotic Neutral
OrcishLibrarian | ESFJ | | Phlegmatic | 9: The Peacemaker | Neutral Good |
Deckhopper | ESFP | | Melancholic | 7: The Enthusiast | Neutral Good |

Edited to reflect post below.

Quoth the Raven, for truth.
Know your roots.

Last edited by Lord LunaEquie is me on Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:20 pm 

Identity: Male
I lean more to Chaotic Neutral than Chaotic Good.

Solphos: Solphos | Fool's Gold | Planeswalker's Guide | The Guiding Light | The Weight of a Soul
Game design: Pokémon Tales | Fleets of Ossia: War Machines | Hunter Killer | Red Jackie's Run

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:45 pm 

Alright, a word of caution up front: This is going to be one of my dispatches from Feels City (population: Orc).

So please consider this your trigger warning that I'm about to get all emotional up in here.

You can't say I didn't warn you. :)

The tears of a clown

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7026 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 352  Next