It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7014 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 342, 343, 344, 345, 346, 347, 348 ... 351  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:49 pm 

I hope you feel better soon!

Me, too! The weather we've been having here in the Hub of the Solar-System is insane. It's hot and humid -- like, 96 percent humidity today -- and it's absolutely destroying my sinuses. I can't remember the last time it was like this in the fall, here.

I'm basically 17-percent Dayquil-by-volume these days.

In the meantime, drink lots of liquids, get plenty of sleep, and do what I'm doing this weekend: Binge out on The IT Crowd. I'm not sick, but hey, good show.

God, do I love The IT Crowd!

And for everyone... I'm at a bit of a crossroads. I've been percolating through a few stories, so maybe to help me get inspired to focus, what would you like to see next of...

Whichever one speaks to you -- run with it!

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:22 am 

Hi all! As I mentioned in Ruwin's farewell thread, I have not been able to muster the energy to contribute much here in quite some time. But that also made me realize how much I have missed this community. I'm tired of being a passive lurker, I want to get back in the game!

Now, it seems Ruwin is not coming back even to respond to the farewells, which puts me in an awkward spot. As Tey'von is currently involved with the Wanderer, and Ruwin had some epic plans for them, I'm not sure how best to proceed. Ruwin did give me permission to write more stories with the two of them, but to actually advance their main plot would require a lot more than that. I would love to do it, but I don't know how we as a community would feel about me hijacking his vision, especially since I only have vague notes and would have to extrapolate a great deal... Thoughts?

Also, before all of that, I just realized that Seek and You Shall Find never actually made it into the archives due to us promising to enact some changes on it and never delivering. So I'm going to do that first, and then we can decide how the future for these characters should look.

It's good to be back!

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:34 am 

Welcome back

As to Ruwin's plans, aside from the characters he specifically gave to others, he ceded all control of the rest to the group. It's a pretty cut and dry case.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:46 am 

Barinellos wrote:
Welcome back

As to Ruwin's plans, aside from the characters he specifically gave to others, he ceded all control of the rest to the group. It's a pretty cut and dry case.

Yeah, I would agree. Ruwin's a very good writer. When he comes back, if he wants to pick the story back up, he'd be more than capable of making adjustments to his plan to accommodate any stories you write, Aaarrrgh.

I say go for it!

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:39 pm 

I have actually managed to talk to Ruwin through private channels, and he has given me his blessing. So I have already started on a story.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:22 pm 

Aaarrrgh wrote:
I have actually managed to talk to Ruwin through private channels, and he has given me his blessing. So I have already started on a story.

Ooo... I AM EXCITE! :D

And I have it in mind that, if I can get the gumption together, I may take a run at some of that larger arc one of these days, since it involved a couple characters near and dear to me, and I want to see how it ends. But I can work around whatever you do, so the field is clear. :)

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:24 am 

While considering the set up for the Alessa piece (because I'm a slooooow methodical writer) I am struck with an impulse to write a story based around Trading Post.
As told from the viewpoint of a bitter old goat.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:26 am 

Identity: Inertially male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him
Barinellos wrote:
While considering the set up for the Alessa piece (because I'm a slooooow methodical writer) I am struck with an impulse to write a story based around Trading Post.

Please do :D

I apologize in advance for any misuse of English grammar and idiomatic expressions.

“You're going to have to fight, and... you're gonna win!”

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:40 pm 

Aaarrrgh wrote:

Ooo... I AM EXCITE! :D

And I have it in mind that, if I can get the gumption together, I may take a run at some of that larger arc one of these days, since it involved a couple characters near and dear to me, and I want to see how it ends. But I can work around whatever you do, so the field is clear. :)

Oh, don't worry, I was planning on roping you back into this when the time is right. I am hoping to get out a few pieces before your characters get back on the scene. But if you want to get in before that, just let me now!

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:11 pm 

Identity: Male
Anybody round these parts want a Crunchyroll guest pass? I've got a couple. I can't recommend the forums, but there's much anime to be had.

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:23 am 

Apparently I'm just in a condition to spit out ideas that I'm not sure what to do with, but I kinda want to do an anthology centering around the Mox gems.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:03 am 

Barinellos wrote:
Apparently I'm just in a condition to spit out ideas that I'm not sure what to do with, but I kinda want to do an anthology centering around the Mox gems.

I hate to admit this, but I've already had 3 really good ideas for this and one of them fits Alessa, meaning I might have asked for suggestions for nothing...

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:08 am 

Identity: Human
TPmanW wrote:
Anybody round these parts want a Crunchyroll guest pass? I've got a couple. I can't recommend the forums, but there's much anime to be had.

Looking it up, it's probably worth mentioning that these are 24-hour passes, so I'll pass. I was never one for binging shows the same way other people do, so there's little I think this would offer me. (Besides which my lack of computer made me decide to finally watch Haibane Renmei last night so I don't really intend to start up another show so soon.)

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:41 am 

Haibane Renmei

You're in for (or have just enjoyed) a treat.

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:28 am 

Barinellos wrote:

I have a poem called "Moxen" that would fit. It's part of my "Collector's Collection" set of poems, of which there are only two or three. But I have been meaning to put those up for vote at some point.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:54 pm 

Haibane Renmei

You're in for (or have just enjoyed) a treat.

Well, I have only seen the first two episodes thus far, but they have done a great job endearing me to the character. Rakka is just about the cutest anime girl I've ever seen. And, while I'm still a little worried about what direction the show might take*, it has been very heart-warming to see things like Reka staying up for her or the shop owner doing a quick fix for her dress.

It's actually been on my list for years (as has most of my list at this point), but between my inability to finish watching Arrested Devlopment (or any of my other DVDs) without my computer and recent rewatches of AMV Hells and some spinoffs, I decided I needed to watch an anime. It actually wasn't my first choice, but I needed something I could watch legally on YouTube and Funimation is good about quite a bit of that, so when I saw it on there I decided I'd go for it.

*It has been so many years that I can't remember the review(s) that originally put the show on my list, but even without remembering what I may have been spoiled on, it doesn't take much to see how a show about living angels might go dark.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:48 pm 

Aaarrrgh wrote:
Oh, don't worry, I was planning on roping you back into this when the time is right. I am hoping to get out a few pieces before your characters get back on the scene. But if you want to get in before that, just let me now!

:dance:

When the time is right, I will be ready. :D

Barinellos wrote:

Sounds to me like, among all your ideas, this is the one to bleat.

*ducks*

:)

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:00 am 

Identity: Male
TPmanW wrote:

Looking it up, it's probably worth mentioning that these are 24-hour passes, so I'll pass. I was never one for binging shows the same way other people do, so there's little I think this would offer me. (Besides which my lack of computer made me decide to finally watch Haibane Renmei last night so I don't really intend to start up another show so soon.)

Being a paying memeber gets me these things automatically every... period of time I never really thought to look into, so I have a backlog of like 8 to give out. Even if you only want to watch one episode/movie (movie seems like a better use than starting a show) send me a PM.

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:16 pm 

I'd like to slightly complain about translation in the sub of Haibane Renmei I'm watching. They chose to translate パンケいく as "pancake", which is what it sounds like, but then they went to the bakery and demonstrably did not look at any pancakes. It took me a while to figure out they meant パン (bread) + cake, meaning something like the Spanish pan dulce, or sweet bread. I just wish they had actually translated it to "sweet bread" or something, to avoid confusion with actual pancakes.

Quoth the Raven, for truth.
Know your roots.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:51 pm 
YMtC Champ '11
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/my/mine/himself
@Luna: Since we have a bit of a back and forth regarding undertale, I wanted to bring a bit of closure to it by trying to rationalize why I think it was a bit of an alienating experience for me compared to the norm. Just a heads up that I posted in the thread, if you don't visit those parts any more, should you happen to be interested.

Concepting enough planes to fill out a standard environment is more work than I thought it would be (to not even think of the mechanics part). Particularly since I'm probably binning the only one I already had.
One of them I'm sort of stealing from raz's criteria, I plane full of rifts which mana slowly seeps out from, with a complex political landscape and aberrations made from malnourished and distorted natives.
Another one I want to be shrouded in mystery and uncertainty, centered around religious scriptures and conflicting interpretations. I've considered making all the species be souls going through different stages, but I don't really like planes with outlandish "laws".
A third one I want to let my imagination go wild in and populate with creatures of fairy tales prowling in the dark, kind of shadowmoor like.
And then I need one that doesn't feel like my emotional landscape, something more wondrous and inspiring instead of dreary and futile. I don't know how to do this though, because if it's not filled with suffering in some form, I'm not really drawn to it. I've been imagining this world placed upon the branches of an impossibly large tree, inviting its inhabitants to climb higher to seek out spectacles in the horizon while traversing above a clouded abyss, so maybe I will go with that.

you're like the kind of person who would cast Necropotence irl

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7014 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 342, 343, 344, 345, 346, 347, 348 ... 351  Next