It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 355, 356, 357, 358, 359  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:24 am 

I know I'm behind (and haven't been around as much in general; projects every which-way), but I actually do use the wiki's existing data for quick reference. I also feel like the story info boxes are really handy.

Same. I haven't updated anything in quite a while, but it's really useful as a source of information.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:05 am 

Identity: Human
Hello friends!

There will hopefully be some changes in the backend software for the site in a couple of weeks, and that means that I'm going around and determining which parts of the site actually get used. Looking at the wiki, I see that the last change was on January 16, 2017 -- more than a year ago!

And so I ask: does anybody use the wiki anymore? Would you be sad if it disappeared tomorrow?

Just to be clear, I'd be more than happy to preserve it! But if it doesn't get used, things would be slightly simpler if I didn't have to worry about it.

Thanks for the input!

For the record, I have about 50 wiki pages I have to make (and a few others I'll need to edit), but this last year I've been kind of all over the place and haven't had much time to do that, especially since I need to re-learn how wikis work every time I do. I have all this information categorized but not formatted in a wiki-friendly way, so it's kind of a big chore and I have other Archivist duties to catch up on besides.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:17 pm 
Development Lead

Great! I'll make sure it stays up then.

Thanks guys. :)

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:42 am 

Identity: Male
I think it's mostly the M:EM guys that use it. Or maybe use it. They would be the ones to use it if anybody does use it.

If you take it down, could you save the data ao we could put it back up without a fuss in the future?

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:08 pm 

I would love a full wiki of the kind common for TV series and video games, for the M:EM, but I don't think we have enough people to spread around the work that would need to be put into it to reach that level.

Quoth the Raven, for truth.
Know your roots.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:41 pm 

I think I may have found a really young picture of Gale:

Spoiler

Art is by Gretel Lusky, apparently. I was just browsing unrelated art and thought I'd share since it made me think of her.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:34 pm 

@Luna: That's cool. I definitely see why Gale would have jumped into your mind from that.

Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:01 am 

I've slept like crap this week.

... I just wanted to kvetch for a moment. Carry on citizens.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:32 am 

Identity: Inertially male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him
Barinellos wrote:

Same.

I apologize in advance for any misuse of English grammar and idiomatic expressions.

“You're going to have to fight, and... you're gonna win!”

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:58 am 
YMtC Champ '14

Preferred Pronoun Set: they
Barinellos wrote:

Same.

same, actually. maybe it's something in the water.

:duel:

Pro Tour: YMTC: SECOND ONE IS OVER STAY TUNED FOR THIRD ONE
The BLOCK I'm currently pretending I'll finish: Fleets Of Ossia (complete!) | Wavebreak (complete!) | The Second Flood (in progress!)
Razorborne and friends teach music theory to chumps like you: 12tone

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:36 pm 

@Luna: That's cool. I definitely see why Gale would have jumped into your mind from that.

Spoiler

Oh my god I just noticed the second half of your post. That line made me gloss over it by habit thinking it was a signature. Only re-reading it now I realized how out-of-place it was for you to have a signature.

razorborne wrote:
Barinellos wrote:

Same.

I don't mean to be mean (although I am probably putting my foot in my mouth here), but I've slept really well this last week and change, and I attribute that directly to taking up yoga, because the change overlapped exactly.

Know your roots.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:58 pm 

Cure for insomo-toxins confirmed as yoga. Proceed accordingly.

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:04 pm 

I think I may have found a really young picture of Gale:

Spoiler

Art is by Gretel Lusky, apparently. I was just browsing unrelated art and thought I'd share since it made me think of her.

I LOVE IT! It totally makes me think of a very young Gale!

razorborne wrote:
Barinellos wrote:

Same.

Yikes. I hope everyone feels better. I've been feeling generally cruddy, too, for what feels like ages. The crazy swings in temperature this winter have just been murder on my immune system.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:18 pm 

Yikes. I hope everyone feels better. I've been feeling generally cruddy, too, for what feels like ages. The crazy swings in temperature this winter have just been murder on my immune system.

Tell me about it. I had to attend a funeral just before Christmas and it was in the upper 80s down here. Then for like a week after the new year turned it hovered around the upper 20s during the day. New Year's Eve went down to 9 degrees. Now it's been in the upper 60s for the last week and the lows have barely dipped below 40.

Texas has always been like, "Winter? What's that?" A few years ago my brother and sister-in-law drove down from Las Vegas for their daughters' (my two nieces) spring break in April and it SNOWED. A good 3 inches or so, IIRC.

TPmanW wrote:
Cure for insomo-toxins confirmed as yoga. Proceed accordingly.

My personal theory is that it's a) exercise, so I'm actually getting some before going to bed rather than sitting around all day like I normally would, and b) since yoga emphasizes deep breathing and I have allergic asthma, it at the very least is giving my body some oxygen before going to bed if not working out the breathing muscles to breathe better while I sleep.

Know your roots.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:08 am 

So... I was looking for something else and came across this:
It's not a secondary concern for them like it is for, say, hospitals (grumblegrumble needing to use internet explorer in this day and age grumblegrumble).

Ask me about my Internet Explorer story sometime...

Might I ask about your Internet Explorer story?

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:28 am 

It's not a secondary concern for them like it is for, say, hospitals (grumblegrumble needing to use internet explorer in this day and age grumblegrumble).

Hah, yes! (God, when did I make that post?)

Anyway, back in The Beforetime, in The Long Long Ago -- which is to say, back around 2014 -- one of my main job responsibilities was to do Xbox content submission through the Microsoft developer portal. Now, when MS launched the Xbox-One-era version of their dev portal, it wasn't quite ready for prime time, and was still being implemented and iterated, so it had a lot of weirdness and quirks and missing features. (For example, most pages didn't have any buttons for going back to the previous menu. You had to click the back button in the browser. You know, that thing that websites always warn you never to do, because it might cause data loss. :) ) Anyway, because I was doing a metric ton of content submission -- like, at the time, we were doing WAY more Xbox One DLC than anyone else -- I was almost a human guinea pig for some of the batch-submission functions of the portal, and I would continually run into problems where, say, an interface which was really well designed to manage four or five submissions was not very user-friendly when you were trying to manage forty or fifty submissions instead.

Long story short, I was on the phone to our MS account reps a lot.

Now, the MS dev support teams are some of the very best people it has ever been my pleasure to work with -- they knew their stuff, inside and out, and they always wanted to help. But one of the first questions they would always ask whenever you had a problem with the portal was, "are you using Internet Explorer?" Because, as they steadfastly insisted, the portal was optimized to work best in IE.

Except that it wasn't. It didn't work any better in IE than it did in any other browser. In fact, in some cases, it worked worse.

Because I'm that sort of person, I always tried to do the same operation in IE, Chrome, and Firefox before I ever got on the phone to MS, so I could always say honestly, "yup, I've been using IE." And then we'd kind of share a little laugh because I could tell that the MS reps realized that the whole "it works better in IE" bit wasn't actually true -- it was just something they said because their managers told them to say it.

And then, with that bit of kabuki dispensed with, we'd get down to actually trying to solve the problem. :)

Anyway, that's my not-actually-very-exciting Internet Explorer story!

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:41 am 

Hah, yes! (God, when did I make that post?)

Back in late 2015, apparently. I actually found this in the WOTC Salvageyard thread, when we were scrambling to save as much of the mothership as possible before it burned up entirely in the upper atmosphere.

Anyway, that's my not-actually-very-exciting Internet Explorer story!

No, I had a good laugh. That's why I asked, because somehow even your boring-everyday-problems stories always manage to put a smile on my face.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:44 am 

He got lost out there and never came back. Some say that it wander the interwebs still. /spooky

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:34 am 

Identity: Inertially male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him
TPmanW wrote:

He got lost out there and never came back. Some say that it wander the interwebs still. /spooky

Interestingly enough, that's the story of a side character in a fic I'm inordinately fond of :D

I apologize in advance for any misuse of English grammar and idiomatic expressions.

“You're going to have to fight, and... you're gonna win!”

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:24 pm 

Did you all hear about the cocky pirate and his leg?
Someone stole the wooden thing to "take him down a peg."

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 355, 356, 357, 358, 359  Next