It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:25 pm 

The time has come to tell the dark secret around the origin of "Tales of the Dominia Cabal: Lucien." Prepare yourselves, for this will be a disturbing look into my twisted writer's psyche.

So, as many of you know, I occasionally write stories or create characters based on songs, or puns, or strange references. What can I say? I'm not a well man. Jade was created because of a typo Keeper made. The entire Thorneau Revolution storyline came around because I wrote "Unmasking at Midnight" as a reference to the song "Ballroom Blitz" by Sweet. Antine was created in "Showdown" as a reference to the Beatles song "Rocky Raccoon."

This story, believe it or not, was also based on a Beatles song. For those of you who are knowledgeable about the Beatles, I'll put the rest of this in a spoiler block, so that you can puzzle out which song it is before reading the rest. :D

Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:32 pm 

Hello, everyone, and Happy New Year! Another Sunday has come, and tomorrow, another year. It's time, therefore, for another Highlighted M:EMory.

New Years is a time for resolutions, the little promises we make to ourselves that we rarely keep. This is appropriate because this week, we will be looking at "The Lies We Tell," by OrcishLibrarian.

"The Lies We Tell" was originally posted on July 7th, 2014, and was voted into the Archive on August 25th, 2014. This story features two conversations had by Beryl the Heart-Scarred, one with her sister Astria, and the second with a mysterious man who appears in her shop. This story serves as something of a turning point in Beryl's story, where the truth of what is going on with Aliavelli begins to reveal itself, and Beryl's world opens up. "The Lies We Tell" is the sixth story in Beryl's arc, following after "Small Magic," "A Bet on Kindness," "To Walk Across Fire," "Reclamation," and "Friends and Killers," and is followed by "Complications," "Between Two Worlds," "A Name in a Book," "The Fire," "Climb Every Mountain," and "Paid in Full."

Enjoy!

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:11 pm 

The time has come to tell the dark secret around the origin of "Tales of the Dominia Cabal: Lucien." Prepare yourselves, for this will be a disturbing look into my twisted writer's psyche.

So, as many of you know, I occasionally write stories or create characters based on songs, or puns, or strange references. What can I say? I'm not a well man. Jade was created because of a typo Keeper made. The entire Thorneau Revolution storyline came around because I wrote "Unmasking at Midnight" as a reference to the song "Ballroom Blitz" by Sweet. Antine was created in "Showdown" as a reference to the Beatles song "Rocky Raccoon."

This story, believe it or not, was also based on a Beatles song. For those of you who are knowledgeable about the Beatles, I'll put the rest of this in a spoiler block, so that you can puzzle out which song it is before reading the rest. :D

Spoiler

*head e'splode*

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:49 pm 

*head e'splode*

:D

Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:04 pm 

*head e'splode*

:D

Spoiler

DED.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:20 am 

Hello, all! A new year is upon us, and I think it's time to celebrate with a little dance.

And so, this week, we will highlight "Dance," by Barinellos.

"Dance" is a microfiction that features The Shifter, an ever-scheming, ever-changing source of chaos for the Multiverse. This story was originally posted on August 22nd, 2014, ironically on the same day as both "Reflection," and "Check and Checkmate," two stories that feature The Shifter's eternal nemesis, The Duchess. "Dance" was voted into the Archive on January 10th, 2015. This short piece demonstrates how The Shifter relaxes and relieves a little stress.

Enjoy!

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:54 pm 

Let's start this week off swinging, shall we?

This week, we will be reM:EMbering the dossier of Pendulum, by RuwinReborn.

Pendulum was first introduced with the short story "Pulse of the Pendulum," and both the story and the dossier were first posted on August 18th, 2014, and voted into the Archive on September 4th, 2014. Pendulum is an utterly unique being in the Multiverse, and his alterable form and nature leaves him as a being that almost defies description. Pendulum has been featured in "Monster," part of RuwinReborn's microfic collection "You Are Not Alone," and the character is also notably the winner of the non-canon VITAL tournament.

Enjoy!

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:42 pm 

Another week has come, and now it is time for us to look back on one of the classics in the M:EM.

This week, we'll be taking a look at: "Planetaria," by chinkeeyong.

"Planetaria" was originally posted on October 1st, 2015 and was voted into the Archive on October 12th, 2015. It is an excerpt from what is considered one of the greatest operatic works of the plane of Solphos. The work tells the tale of when calamity came to Solphos, and the world and its magics rise to its defense. Lyrical and metaphorical, this opera hints at a dark history of the alchemical plane, and a connection to one of the great forces of nature to ever wander the multiverse.

Enjoy!

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29