It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 328, 329, 330, 331, 332
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:17 pm 

Ethical question for ya'll: lets say an oppressed people have hired you on to help them against some bad hombres. You get ready to march your company to war, and you start attracting camp followers from among the oppressed. Would it be unethical to use the camp followers as shock troops to break the enemy lines before sending in your trained soldiers?

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:03 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: He/him/etc.
Ethical question for ya'll: lets say an oppressed people have hired you on to help them against some bad hombres. You get ready to march your company to war, and you start attracting camp followers from among the oppressed. Would it be unethical to use the camp followers as shock troops to break the enemy lines before sending in your trained soldiers?

Without telling them, definitely. With telling them, and depending on the contents of the briefing in question (and the tactics underlying said briefing's mission), it becomes less so, but still a grey area. What does the character in this situation have in mind in terms of "shock troops?"

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:50 pm 

Shock troops in the sense that they're undisciplined civilians - merchants, beggars, prostitutes and their pimps, people with nowhere else to go (basically, anyone that could turn profit from a march of soldiers).

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:16 am 

Shock troops in the sense that they're undisciplined civilians - merchants, beggars, prostitutes and their pimps, people with nowhere else to go (basically, anyone that could turn profit from a march of soldiers).

It's not really a grey area in terms of ethics if you're up front that if they're going to hang on the camp, they should take part. Actually using them in combat is a bit different, but if it's a matter of volunteers, then go nuts.

In essence, they're a part of this already, if they like it or not. Put them to work at least, or tell them to shove off. It's bad for discipline otherwise.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:55 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: He/him/etc.
Also, be creative with how they're eventually used - not everyone needs to scream and run at the enemy to be maximally effective. Consider which members of these camp followers would be good logistics officers, infiltrators, assassins, etc.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:17 am 
YMtC Champ '14

Preferred Pronoun Set: they
I started designing a Go-like game to be played on Telimar but then I realized that it had some pretty significant issues so now I'm reworking it.

update over.

:duel:

Pro Tour: YMTC: SECOND ONE IS OVER STAY TUNED FOR THIRD ONE
The BLOCK I'm currently pretending I'll finish: Fleets Of Ossia (complete!) | Wavebreak (complete!) | The Second Flood (in progress!)
Razorborne and friends teach music theory to chumps like you: 12tone

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:10 pm 

Identity: human
Preferred Pronoun Set: he
Well I thought that people i knew and people from corps were reading my brain, but i've spent the last month or so being informed by probably angels that i have men who died living in my blood bed and that they are mimicking men. They either got inside me because of being strung on meth( a drug that invites the dead) or dying from an OD and then being revived. They want me to fast, because the dead spirits are supposedly tying to food and possibly water or smoking, so i have to clean my blood and stop eating for rotations of the clock. I'm mad at God for this. The dead heads keep getting me to eat food and drink tons of water. I wish God would just take them out, but i guess i'm supposed to pay Him back for reviving me from the dead three different times by actually kicking them out myself.
One cool thing is that i invented a clock, or rather was inspired by a vision god showed me with a clock that had three hands pointing straight up, so i made a draft of a prototype for a clock that has no hands, but rather three circles of numbers that rotate and are caught in a verticle line in a fixed face to tell the time.
I've also recently invented the open faced ketchup omelet.

" This kind comes out only by fasting and prayer."

--------

So that's a lot of my recent headspace. There is also the possibility that the heavenly wedding we were destined for happened here on earth, and the angels came here and married men by living in their bodies after they left heaven, and that the thoughts i'm hearing are from angels who were not married, but fell, and use telepathy to read brains. They are trying to find a way through scripture to kill me by making me think i need to fast, or by using the back of the book to scare me into being good for five days, lest they marter me.
They caused me to cut my own hand by driving me mad and they kicked me out of my body by driving me to reject jesus' blood before i fell asleep and died, in which my spirit woke up backwards from my body and then was grabbed by the grim reaper who tried to run from my body and take me( I yelled really loud) but i woke up before he got ten paces, thinking it was another fitfull nightmare among a host of daydreams.

This is kinda wonky and quick, I might write more, but i'm bumming this comp and people are mad cuz i'm not watching my kids.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:22 am 
YMtC Champ '11
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/my/mine/himself
I kind of want to make a card/board game with customizable setup where players each get a M:EM characters and then you use one (or more) M:EM planes as the playing field.
I haven't gotten any further inspiration though, and I've no idea if I would want it to be an area control game where you want to protect your mana bonds, a 4X planeswalking game, a draft game with planeschase elements or something entirely different.

Lilian wrote:
if i hear one more word about mown i'll probably throw up. I've never cringed more talking to a single human being than mown.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 328, 329, 330, 331, 332