It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108  Next
 Post subject: Re: A tumblr thing.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:25 pm 

AzureShade wrote:
Quote:
danelaverty asked:
Hi Mark, it's my birthday! Can I get trivia on either of my favorite Ice Age legends, Marton Stromgald or General Jarkeld? Thank you for all you do to make Magic wonderful!

markrosewater said:
General Jarkeld was original going to be called The Artic Fox, as it was his nickname, but playtesters got confused because he wasn’t actually a fox.

Happy Birthday!

I wonder if Rommel the Desert Fox had the same trouble.

Every day I'm given more evidence that the mtg playtesters are actually just blocks of wood and not people.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:24 pm 

Identity: Male
Since we don't seem to care if something's from Tumble or not here, and I want to share it, and I don't know where else to put it, I'm going to bring up the Reaper Bones Kickstarter here.
This is your best chance to score large quantities of tabletop miniatures for super cheap.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15 ... escription

I put myself in for the core set (133 minis, but the number will increase if kickstarter goals are met), a set of modrons and a set of paints for $150 of my piddling Canadian dollars. That includes shipping. Man things must be so much easier to buy for all y'all 'muricans.
I'm tempted by the Dreadmere expansion, but this is already more than I've ever spent on gaming already.

I'd imbed youtube vid, but Youtube seems to not be working for me. For everyone?
Here's a picture of the core set so you know what you're looking at.
Spoiler

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:42 am 

Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She
Damn that's a lot of money. I want that much money from nerds.

People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:30 pm 

LilyStorm wrote:
Damn that's a lot of money. I want that much money from nerds.

The $100 it costs or the 1&1/2 million raised? ...Or both? $1,500,100!

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:13 pm 

I want a project that raises that much money

People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:01 am 

Quote:
vaatiwithblue asked:
If Yawgmoth got his own card, what color would it be? Pure Black?

markrosewater said:
I’d make him Esper, but there are arguments also for monoblack, white/black and blue/black.

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in an thread with GM_Champion" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against AzureShade when card design is on the line!"

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:52 pm 

Quote:
jtty asked:
I counter your prediction with instead of ral, its tezeret sent to ixalan. Reason: tezeret can planeswalk artifacts. He gets the immortal sun and traps tezeret in one fell swoop.

bace-jeleren answered:
Tezzeret **** up something awful and has to put the goddamn immortal sun in his arm too

sarkhan-volkswagen said:
Tezzy is rapidly on the path to becoming a swiss army knife of legendary artifacts

So, thoughts on Tezzeret becoming the new "evil" Karn and fulfilling his role as the embodiment of the "Dark Legacy?"

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in an thread with GM_Champion" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against AzureShade when card design is on the line!"

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:00 pm 

When you put it that way, it sounds surprisingly cool at first glance. It all depends on where it's going and what the pay-off of all those shenanigans is, but it seems like Bolas is certainly putting Tezzeret to good use.

—Memorial inscription

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:23 am 

Quote:
devonsdigs asked:
I know the previous asker was telling a joke, but as a sapling of colfenor player, im now legitimately curious when we'll be seeing our arboreous friends again?

markrosewater said:
There’s a set in the next few years with Treefolk. More than one, I think.

Treefolks!

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:49 am 

I'd be surprised if we saw 0 treefolk in Dominaria. Probably not more than 1 or 2 but I feel that by its very nature we're going to get a huge smattering of creature types rather than any "Tribal" unity.

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:45 pm 

Not so much a Magic thing, the D&D team had a panel at a convention recently and their talking points about Forgotten Realms novels really...really felt like what I'd expect WotC employees to say about novels.

Quote:
On Forgotten Realms novels: They feel the novel business is very tricky, and they are a game company. They're not necessarily good at novels business. They don't have a good plan for novels, and they do not have a novel publishing expert on their team right now. It's not something they say they will never do again, it's just not their focus this year. They would consider a partnership, but they're not looking for it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:09 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/they
AzureShade wrote:
Quote:
vaatiwithblue asked:

markrosewater said:
I’d make him Esper,

just had to stop reading right there. just had to get up on out of my seat and take a lap

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:22 pm 

AzureShade wrote:
Quote:
vaatiwithblue asked:

markrosewater said:
I’d make him Esper,

just had to stop reading right there. just had to get up on out of my seat and take a lap
Eh, I can see an Esper argument. Heavy on the black, less heavy on the blue, with a tiny bit of white for PR during his human days before he became the Father of Machines. Very artifact-centric in his later days.

I guess a case could be made for Sultai colors as well depending on how philosophically green you think Phyresis was in its early stages and whether or not you wanted to play up his eugenics work.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:56 am 

Identity: Goblin Piker
I don't think anything beyond a mono-black Yawgmoth would be received well. Anything beyond a Blue/Black Yawgmoth would be something I would reject.

The novel thing doesn't really surprise me, and I don't expect that stance to change in magic for a few years. That said, I wish they would make independent Magic novels, based in Fiora and other supplemental sets. That way it frees up the authors on plot rails a bit, and there isn't as much of a constant need to churn out content.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:51 am 

He's kind of a relic of when all Magic villains were . He was definitely very selfish and sadistic in The Thran, but otherwise, he seems more like a person.

My Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/Carliro

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:41 am 

He's kind of a relic of when all Magic villains were . He was definitely very selfish and sadistic in The Thran, but otherwise, he seems more like a person.

He's soundly black.
Between his titanic ambitions, total amorality, and his actual toolset having a LOT to do with death and disease, he's as black a character as can exist.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:30 am 

Doug's back!

Quote:
dougbeyermtg said:

Hey. Shall we do this blog again, some year? Say, the year 2018?

Okay cool. Uhh. Just gotta figure out how, uh, how we start this thing up again–

COMPUTER. MAKE BLOG… TO HAPPEN.

Uhh.

TUMBLR… MAKE.

Um.

COBWEBS, DISMISS. INBOX UNDUSTIFY.

*scratches back of neck*

WORDS… DO THEM? AT… SCREEN.

Hm.

BLOG EXIST PLEASE?

*Voice for Vorthos engines clatter to life*

Okay, great!

Hi. We’re gonna do fun stuff this year. I’ma need your help. See you soon.
#hi and welcome #I need a new avatar this one's too old #by which I mean too young aheheh*sobs* #gang we got a lot of worldbuilding to talk about #and art and lore and obscure words #and the craft of making creative THINGS #no more sitting by the window waiting for the muse-faerie to come crashing through the pane #this year we get in front of the canvas or word processor or barre or drum kit #and we BASH ON IT TILL #ART #COMES #OUT #see y'all soon #wotcstaff

Quote:
dougbeyermtg said:
A mission

Are you ready for a mission? This will be fun.

For this mission, I’ll need two things from you today.

PART ONE is that I need examples of Magic flavor text that are about building, making, creating, forging, whatever. Seek me out quotes, sayings, observations – serious or silly, all will work. They just have to have something to do with the theme of making or building something in some way. Post them in replies or reblogs. (You can include the name of the card the flavor text comes from, in case folks are curious about the origin, but that’s not required for the mission.)

Part two of the mission will come later today, with another quest for y’all. And then we’ll complete the mission and see the results.

Okay? FIND SOME FLAVOR TEXT ABOUT CREATING. GO!
#flavor text #mtg #mtg mission #wotcstaff

Quote:
dougbeyermtg said:
Mission part two

OKAY, SWEET. MISSION PART TWO.

Y’all fetched up some great creation-themed flavor textsesses over in this post. The replies and reblogs are FILLED UP NICELY. Go looky, and feel free to continue hunting up more over there if you like.

BUT NOW. For this almost-final part of the mission, I want you to find art. Specifically you’re looking for Magic card art that depicts NOBLY FIERCE CREATURES. It could be a big toothy befeathered paleomonster from Rivals (because eyyy) or a brave-hearted little fur-beep from a Magic set from twenty years ago. Could be the art of a sorcery or artifact or whatever, if you like, as long as the piece involves some kind of nonhumanoid beastie looking INSPIRINGLY FEROCIOUS. Bonus points if they look like they’re YELLING. Use reblogs to post your pic(s) so we can all find them later (unless you can put images into replies now? yesno? yo it’s been a while, tumblr). Okay? This is part two of your mission.

Later today we’ll finish up the mission. ART OF EPIC MONSTERFRANDS! Let the hunt beginnnnn
#looking forward to what you all find #I am giggling already this gon' be great #art #mtg mission #wotcstaff

Quote:
dougbeyermtg said:
Mission complete: Muse Monsters of 2018

EXCELLENT. Earlier today I asked you to find some Magic flavor text related to making and creating. Then I asked you to hunt down Magic art of inspiringly fierce critters. NOW WE COMBINE THEM. BEHOLD, and BE INSPIRED.
Zhur-Taa Ancient by Adam Paquette + the flavor text of Simic Charm

2018 is gonna be a year of making. This year we cup our ear to the ethereal whisper-plaints of our souls, scoop up big handfuls of Scared-But-Doin’-It-Anyway, and forge ordinary time and atoms into some LOUD-SHOUTIN’ HEART-EXPRESSIN’ ART.

Purity art by Warren Mahy + flavor text of Future Sight (ONS)

And who better to inspire and motivate and encourage us this year than our own personal MUSE MONSTERS? I took some of my favorites of your flavor text and art suggestions and mashed them together in ways that inspired me.
Art of Sanctuary Cat by David Palumbo + flavor text of Goblin Welder

Now you make your own. Making stuff is always hard – you hear the critical voices in your head long before the jerks OUTSIDE your skull even get a chance to pipe up. You’re gonna need to drown out those voices this year. Have some monster bellow some foul-smelling advice at your face, and I promise that’ll make things easier. Happy 2018, gang.

Art of Godsire by Jim Murray + (part of the) flavor text of Inventor’s Apprentice
#seriously go make your own now #I want to see them #hook them to this post or tag them with #mtg mission #so we can all enjoy #and get good thoughts roared at us #tomorrow I actually go back to the office after being out for over 2 weeks #vacation is great and very necessary #but I've been itching to get back at it frankly #make me some good monsterfrands to put up on my cube will ya #see you soon #wotcstaff

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:36 am 

Amazing

People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:10 am 

Purity deer speaks the truth.

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:24 am 

Quote:
dead0not0sleeping asked:
Today is my birthday! Could I get some trivia on the set I played, Khans of Tarkir?

markrosewater said:
Khans of Tarkir started in exploratory design as a film noir set. Before exploratory design was done, creative got involved and it became Sarkhan’s homeworld of warring clans.

Happy Birthday!

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108  Next