It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108  Next
 Post subject: Re: A tumblr thing.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:25 pm 

Yxoque wrote:
I'm not willing to speak for trans people, but I'm not sure if "has literally not issues being trans because magic," might not be the representation people are looking for. I dunno. I'd be pretty peeved if they had a depressed character who had no issues with their depression because they could take magical medication that made it all okay. Just to give an example that might actually affect me.

While Alesha didn't bother me, I'm pretty sure I'd lose my **** if they dedicated a larger part of the narrative to someone just dealing with it for the sake of box checking.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:35 pm 

^ I got a feeling Spike's version of The Mist is gonna do that.

I just wanted monsters and a look at the novel from the POV of the Project Arrowhead people.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:25 pm 

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in an thread with GM_Champion" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against AzureShade when card design is on the line!"

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:08 pm 
YMtC Champ '11
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/my/mine/himself
If there's anything a dragon hates, it's a pyramid—especially Bolas's Pyramids, the symbol of his reign.

you're like the kind of person who would cast Necropotence irl

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:09 pm 

The technical skill in that fanart is "Somebody at wizards talk to this person about a possible commission" but that dragon does NOT match Bolas's Style Guide even though from context I would guess that it's supposed to be Bolas.

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:11 pm 
YMtC Champ '11
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/my/mine/himself
sandara wrote:
That's not Nicol Bolas...maybe his... distant cousin or something.

you're like the kind of person who would cast Necropotence irl

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:28 pm 

The artist is an MTG fan, but to my knowledge she doesn't actually work for WOTC

My Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/Carliro

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:14 am 

Quote:
ricorum asked:
My wife's birthday is tomorrow, and mine is the day after! (funny how that worked out). Could we get some info on our favorite dead planeswalker, Venser?

markrosewater said:
The first version of a blue planeswalker was not Jace but Venser. It was decided to start with five characters no one knew to give us a blank slate.

Happy Birthday to you both!

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in an thread with GM_Champion" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against AzureShade when card design is on the line!"

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:53 pm 

Barinellos wrote:
Yxoque wrote:
I'm not willing to speak for trans people, but I'm not sure if "has literally not issues being trans because magic," might not be the representation people are looking for. I dunno. I'd be pretty peeved if they had a depressed character who had no issues with their depression because they could take magical medication that made it all okay. Just to give an example that might actually affect me.

While Alesha didn't bother me, I'm pretty sure I'd lose my **** if they dedicated a larger part of the narrative to someone just dealing with it for the sake of box checking.
Are you agreeing with Yxoque, or talking about a different kind of story? Just clarifying.

"Ability words are flavor text for Melvins."

"Remember, dear friends: when we announce something and you imagine it, the odds that we made exactly that thing are zero."---Kelly Digges

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:31 pm 

astarael7 wrote:
Barinellos wrote:
Yxoque wrote:

Are you agreeing with Yxoque, or talking about a different kind of story? Just clarifying.

A bit of both.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:01 am 

Taysir would make a cool 5 colour Planeswalker. Pity he died stupidly.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:07 am 

Taysir would make a cool 5 colour Planeswalker. Pity he died stupidly.
I'm actually holding out for Commander with this one. They're probably going to shove in a four- or five-coloured Sarkhan somewhere just to mess with us, though. :bored:

—Memorial inscription

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:51 am 

The lady who runs http://mcmansionhell.tumblr.com/ apparently plays/played Magic.

Quote:
yo ya girl used to run a mad mono blue control deck back in the day.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:39 am 

Quote:
superdeadsmurf asked:
In the lead up to the release of Dominaria, will Wizards be reposting some old content about the setting that is no longer publicly archived? Ie the flash comics from Apocalypse? That would be very keen.

markrosewater said:
I’ll ask.

Keep an eye out.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:50 am 

Sounds awesome, I hope they unearth something cool.

—Memorial inscription

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:58 am 

I'd love the Stronghold minisite back of all things. It had a cool adventure game where you played as a Rathi rebel (can't remember if you were officially an il or en Kor, vec, or dal or even a member of the Weatherlight crew or just an AFGNCAAP opposing Volrath. Skyshroud Elf in the one scenario that plays its first page for web.archive.org and no further.) infiltrating the Stronghold, with your stated goal being to defeat the Furnace Spirit. Damn thing burned me to death so many times. I finally figured out how to survive its fire blasts but I never did get the sequence down to actually kill it. I remember enough to suspect I had to get through the Gardens to find whatever I needed though since there were... (Scene using the art from Hesitation)... problems attempting to cross and it could have just been a dummy area. I've always wondered if I could pull it off going back as an adult with better than rudimentary problem-solving skills and some experience with Sierra's bull that I didn't have back then.

EDIT: Scanned Web.archive.org and I don't think the game works but the whole thing was called "The Darkness Within" and the one with the Furnace Spirit was just one of four adventure games.

Also, the invasion minisite with the map game would be kind of cool since we could get a labeled 4205AR Dominaria map out of it.

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again

Last edited by Tevish Szat on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:01 am 

Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She
He should have asked "can you" instead of "will". And instead of asking he should have demanded it.

People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:33 am 

The SDCC Promo Planeswalker art, all put together:

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:41 am 

I still can't tell what the Bolas bit is meant to be. Is it a statue of Bolas? If so, what's up with his claws? Or is it actual Bolas? And if so, what is he doing? Just sitting there popping out some fancy fireworks? Grinding his claws against the stone wall? And where is he, perspective-wise?

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:53 am 

He's writing the record of his victory on the wall. It is assumed he drew each of the pictures of how he beat each Gatewatch member.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108  Next