It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:51 pm 

Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She

Planar Pirates is NGA's next multiplayer casual product to be released this summer. Journey with your friends as you travel across over 40 plane cards, and dodge phenomenon, as you battle for treasure and for glory! Planar Pirates takes place in a possible future where someone discovers a way to safely travel the blind eternities in massive ships, literally sailing the Aether.

What's inside the box:

Planar Pirates comes in a large treasure chest shaped box containing 45* brand new plane cards (maybe some old plane cards.), 10* new phenomenon cards, 25* treasure cards, and 5 decks each featuring a ship's captain, each with their own unique theme inspired by both their home plane and their travels. Also included are are extra basic lands with new art representing places never before seen, and 100* extra cards for deck customization!

What are treasure cards?

Treasure cards are a special type of card specifically for planar pirates. Treasure cards start shuffled, face down in a pile in the command zone. On the back of each card, instead of the standard magic card back, is pirate's chest design, as well as a condition for "opening" said chest. Whenever a player fulfills that condition, they immediately flips the card over and either performs whatever action is on the other side, or puts the card onto the battlefield under their control if it's a permanent treasure. If a treasure card is not permanent it goes to the bottom of the treasure pile once the action is completed. A permanent treasure card returns to the bottom of the treasure pile if it would leave the battlefield in any way. Whenever a player loses the game, the controller of whatever effect caused them to lose gains control of all active treasure they controlled.

So how does this work anyway?

Planar Pirates is a product entirely created by the community. About once a week there will be a contest, some may be slightly longer or shorter depending on attendance and criteria. Anyone can submit a card or cards, and at the end of the deadline there will be a voting and discussion thread, similar to COTW. The first contest will be to determine the captains and the flavor of their decks, which will in turn help determine from what planes cards in their decks will contain. Then we will just go through the planes, making cards for the decks and whatever until everything is filled, then go through and balance a few things.

Possible Planes:

Spoiler

*numbers not final

People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Last edited by LilyStorm on Wed May 20, 2015 4:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Like this post

Captains and their Crew:

GWU - Stargorger Deck

BW - The Ageless Voyager deck

G - Chaete Caudata deck

UR - Jorge Stormbeard Deck

BR - Embercoal Deck

People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Last edited by LilyStorm on Wed May 20, 2015 4:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Like this post

Cards:

White

Blue

Black

Red

Green

Multicolor

Artifacts

Lands

Treasure

People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Last edited by LilyStorm on Wed May 20, 2015 4:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:54 pm 

People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Last edited by LilyStorm on Thu May 28, 2015 5:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:16 pm 
YMtC Champ '11
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/my/mine/himself
LilyStorm wrote:
this summer

you're like the kind of person who would cast Necropotence irl

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:43 pm 

First contest tommorow!

People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 6:36 am 

Identity: Male
LilyStorm wrote:
Could someone please help me compile a list of planes in official storyline as well as our own fanmade planes that would be worth visiting? Yes, again.

Official planes:
Alara
Dominaria
Kamigawa
Innistrad
Lorwyn/Shadowmoor
New Phyrexia
Paliano
Rabiah
Ravnica
Shandalar
Theros
Zendikar

YMtC-only planes:
Eldangard
Meduleia
Morasol
Oneiros
Ossia
Sagathia
Sithas
Velicta
Velnaria

Expanded Multiverse planes:
The Amphiseum
Arbagoth
Ikass
Iun Ilana
Jakkard
Phostus
Solphos
Taramir
The Wheel
Thorneau
Ythol
Zent

Solphos: Solphos | Fool's Gold | Planeswalker's Guide | The Guiding Light | The Weight of a Soul
Game design: Pokémon Tales | Fleets of Ossia: War Machines | Hunter Killer | Red Jackie's Run

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:38 am 

Official planes:

Also Mercadia, Tarkir, and Ulgrotha as still existing planes, and Mirrodin, Phyrexia (the old one), Rath, and Serra's Realm as planes that no longer exist in the same fashion or at all (Planechase used them as well, after all).

Paliano

The plane's actually called Fiora. Paliano is the High City.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:43 pm 

Links have been made and things have been shuffled around.

People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:08 pm 
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

nvm.

Ephemeron

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 10:00 pm 

Three things:

Firstly, Jorge doesn't state how much he reduces costs by. Seems you accidentally forgot something when copying it over.

Secondly, Ageless Voyager is a rather bad design. No insult meant to the creator, but it just seems poorly made (I don't even know who made it, but I'm assuming most of their other cards are good). It breaks the color pie incredibly hard, using a Red/Blue mechanic on a White/Black card. Probably trying to justify it with flavor as a ghostly possession, but the actual card that does so is still blue. It works with the theme, but that doesn't really justify being so out of color. It seems a bit late to change it now, so I'm not saying to change it, I just wanted to state my opinion.

Thirdly, does anyone else find it cool that there are two decks with each color?

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:19 am 

Identity: Male

Solphos: Solphos | Fool's Gold | Planeswalker's Guide | The Guiding Light | The Weight of a Soul
Game design: Pokémon Tales | Fleets of Ossia: War Machines | Hunter Killer | Red Jackie's Run

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:47 pm 

We should get some more information on the mechanics of Treasures. The lack of that has hampered a number of cards in the Dominaria threads. For example, some cards assumed that there's a Treasure deck for each captain, while I've assumed there's a single Treasure deck. Also, we should unify the terminology to be used.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:34 pm 

Mechanics were spelled out. I have no idea if I want a deck for each captain or just a chunk of them. I mean, when you play a game with treasure you have one pile that everyone shares so we will probably just have one big pile. Yes we should probably figured out a unified template and terminology. I'm thinking something like "Whenever you ~ unlock this treasure" and "Cost: Unlock this treasure" etc. It should also have remainder text for flipping it over. I'll need to think about it for a bit.

People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:43 am 

Update: E3 Nintendo is today so I will likely be doing nothing. I am off tommorow. I have an idea for the story I'll use to move forward, and I also need to create and mse file and put credits for every card, as well as create simple skeletons for each deck so we don't just fill things randomly. I will tell everyone that the rest of this will work almost like a choose your own adventure game, and one of the captains will be the major driving force in the little story.

People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Like this post