It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 693 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: The Card Clinic
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:31 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2013
Posts: 94
Need help with your cards, mechanics or anything else ymtc? Well come here to the card clinic. Just post the thing you want others' opinions on here, and hopefully we will help you balance, word or just improve your cards.

Also, unlike the old one from the official forums, this is NOT just for wording. It's for all aspects of design.

_________________
Hi.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Card Clinic
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:55 am 
Offline
YMtC Pro Tour Champion
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 6493
This card is meant to be a Mythic in a set that is based off of flavor. I want it to be a very powerful card, but I am worried I am riding the line too close. Is it broken?

Samson Oldoak
Legendary Creature - Treefolk Wizard
Defender, reach
At the beginning of your upkeep, search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost equal to or less than the number of lands you control and put it onto the battlefield. Shuffle your library afterwards.
10/10

_________________
SithasLore, White, Blue, Black, Red, Green, Multicolored, Artifacts, Lands
Sithas: Rising StormsLore, White, Blue, Black, Red, Green, Multi, Artifacts and Land
Join The Izzet League today!
Ephemeron


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Card Clinic
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:25 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 1899
Oh, the card clinic, any chance an admin could get this sticky?


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Card Clinic
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:47 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2013
Posts: 94
Dudibus wrote:
This card is meant to be a Mythic in a set that is based off of flavor. I want it to be a very powerful card, but I am worried I am riding the line too close. Is it broken?

Samson Oldoak
Legendary Creature - Treefolk Wizard
Defender, reach
At the beginning of your upkeep, search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost equal to or less than the number of lands you control and put it onto the battlefield. Shuffle your library afterwards.
10/10


I'm almost 80% sure that it is broken. I think you should up the cost by or.

Also, yeah, it would be great to sticky this.

_________________
Hi.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Card Clinic
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:08 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 3120
I pm'd miss bun but she said she hates ymtc and wants it to die so she won't help


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Card Clinic
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:19 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2013
Posts: 94
@ Ko well why did she even put it in her forums then? :)

_________________
Hi.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Card Clinic
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:24 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 3120
maybe one day she will just ban everyone with posts in ymtc


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Card Clinic
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:28 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sep 26, 2013
Posts: 680
good riddance

_________________
tony3 wrote:
the problem within society is there are idiots within it
tony3 wrote:
it never ceases to amaze me how terrible and/or stupid people can be.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Card Clinic
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:50 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 12420
Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She
She will get to it once someone really asks her or one of the mods.

_________________
altimis wrote:
I never take anytihng Lily says seriously, except for when I take it personally. Then it's personal.
WotC_Ethan wrote:
People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Image


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Card Clinic
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:55 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2013
Posts: 94
I asked her by PM

_________________
Hi.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Card Clinic
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:02 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 3120
NJJackson wrote:
I asked her by PM

so did I, 3 hours ago


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Card Clinic
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:16 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 1331
I don't really see why this would need a sticky.

Also if she actually said that, she was joking.

She wouldn't go out of her way to make it a part of the community + participate if that were true.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Card Clinic
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:19 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 1708
I've passed this request on, and the thread should be stickied soon.

Just to let everyone know, I do not actually have any moderator abilities, nor does the administrator account. While obviously as the site owner I can modify permissions to make that happen if there's some kind of emergency, I've intentionally set it up that way so I can focus on developing policy with the head mods, and work on the administration and design of the forum, as well as developing the community and the main site. For daily issues like stickying, closing, moving, or otherwise modifying threads, your best resource is either your friendly magic moderator, GobO_Furt, or one of the request threads on the metaboard, depending on the nature of your request.

Thanks guys! :teach:


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Card Clinic
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 3120
tony3 wrote:
Also if she actually said that, she was joking.

She wouldn't go out of her way to make it a part of the community + participate if that were true.


wow really?


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Card Clinic
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:07 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 12420
Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She
Ko wrote:
tony3 wrote:
Also if she actually said that, she was joking.

She wouldn't go out of her way to make it a part of the community + participate if that were true.


wow really?


Please leave your sarcasm out of this thread.

_________________
altimis wrote:
I never take anytihng Lily says seriously, except for when I take it personally. Then it's personal.
WotC_Ethan wrote:
People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Image


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Card Clinic
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:18 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 11310
Location: Asleep at the wheel
Preferred Pronoun Set: SE / squinty / squints
NJJackson wrote:
Dudibus wrote:
Samson Oldoak
Legendary Creature - Treefolk Wizard
Defender, reach
At the beginning of your upkeep, search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost equal to or less than the number of lands you control and put it onto the battlefield. Shuffle your library afterwards.
10/10


I'm almost 80% sure that it is broken. I think you should up the cost by or.

Also, yeah, it would be great to sticky this.

I think it'd be fine if it wasn't a creature itself. Too big a body for most removal and a pretty insane ability. The mana cost won't help by much being upped, especially in green where you can cheat it into play and mana ramp for it anyways.

~SE++

_________________
[D&D 5E] Princes of the Apocalypse | Set-up | In Character | Out of Character | Map: Lance Rock

[Johnny's Quest] October 12 - 18: Cloudstone Curio


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Card Clinic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:34 am 
Offline
Retired Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sep 19, 2013
Posts: 128
Stickied. :)


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Card Clinic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:40 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 6886
Identity: Spambot
Preferred Pronoun Set: 0, 1
NJJackson wrote:
Dudibus wrote:
This card is meant to be a Mythic in a set that is based off of flavor. I want it to be a very powerful card, but I am worried I am riding the line too close. Is it broken?

Samson Oldoak
Legendary Creature - Treefolk Wizard
Defender, reach
At the beginning of your upkeep, search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost equal to or less than the number of lands you control and put it onto the battlefield. Shuffle your library afterwards.
10/10


I'm almost 80% sure that it is broken. I think you should up the cost by or.

Also, yeah, it would be great to sticky this.

7 drop that dies to removal? The only format this will be OP in is EDH.

EDIT: as for the wording, it should be "put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library." That seems to be the way shuffles are worded these days.

_________________
Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Card Clinic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:19 am 
Offline
YMtC Pro Tour Champion
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 6493
Cato wrote:
NJJackson wrote:
Dudibus wrote:
This card is meant to be a Mythic in a set that is based off of flavor. I want it to be a very powerful card, but I am worried I am riding the line too close. Is it broken?

Samson Oldoak
Legendary Creature - Treefolk Wizard
Defender, reach
At the beginning of your upkeep, search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost equal to or less than the number of lands you control and put it onto the battlefield. Shuffle your library afterwards.
10/10


I'm almost 80% sure that it is broken. I think you should up the cost by or.

Also, yeah, it would be great to sticky this.

7 drop that dies to removal? The only format this will be OP in is EDH.

EDIT: as for the wording, it should be "put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library." That seems to be the way shuffles are worded these days.


That was my thought as well. I was actually considering putting Hexproof on it as well. Think that would be pushing it?

_________________
SithasLore, White, Blue, Black, Red, Green, Multicolored, Artifacts, Lands
Sithas: Rising StormsLore, White, Blue, Black, Red, Green, Multi, Artifacts and Land
Join The Izzet League today!
Ephemeron


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Card Clinic
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:12 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 6886
Identity: Spambot
Preferred Pronoun Set: 0, 1
Hexproof is a terrible mechanic. Never use it on a card, or I'll slap you with a fish.

_________________
Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 693 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mown and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group