It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 5-color?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:38 pm 

I was inspired off of the fact that :w: has "organization" even though more literal interpretations make research easier. I decided to roll with that, and make a 5-color card that does this kind of effect.

Organization :gu::br::w:
Enchantment
Whenever a source you control deals damage, you may name a card type. Then reveal the top card of your library. If that card isn't of the type you chosen, exile it, then put it back on top of your library at the end of your turn.

Currently I'm trying to wrack my mind finding a way to make overload happen in MtG (MtG has a lot of things that Hearthstone can't do, such as splashing, but has memory issues being a major concern) as well as make mechanics for three worldbuilding ideas I had. My post count is increasing and I participate less in games because I'm treating the place more like a laboratory than a forum.

Last edited by preadatordetector on Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Like this post

Post subject: Re: 5-color?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:45 pm 
YMtC Champ '14

Preferred Pronoun Set: they
seems really underwhelming for a 3-drop enchantment. like, this is worse than "at the beginning of your upkeep scry 1."

:duel:

Pro Tour: YMTC: SECOND ONE IS OVER STAY TUNED FOR THIRD ONE
The BLOCK I'm currently pretending I'll finish: Fleets Of Ossia (complete!) | Wavebreak (complete!) | The Second Flood (in progress!)
Razorborne and friends teach music theory to chumps like you: 12tone

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:34 pm 

Increased the complexity and removed the graveyard hate. Now it's better with sorcery-speed draw, as you can filter your draws better on your turn.

Currently I'm trying to wrack my mind finding a way to make overload happen in MtG (MtG has a lot of things that Hearthstone can't do, such as splashing, but has memory issues being a major concern) as well as make mechanics for three worldbuilding ideas I had. My post count is increasing and I participate less in games because I'm treating the place more like a laboratory than a forum.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:58 am 

Feels white or blue to me. Not feeling black, red, or green at all. Blue likes card selection, and white likes planning. This would have been a good time to actually use hybrid, such as or . Throwing in the other colors serves no real point in the card. I know we disagree on this, so feel free to ignore it, but if you want a cost that makes something easier to splash, just go with generic mana costs (like ).

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:34 pm 

Yarium wrote:
Feels white or blue to me. Not feeling black, red, or green at all. Blue likes card selection, and white likes planning. This would have been a good time to actually use hybrid, such as or . Throwing in the other colors serves no real point in the card. I know we disagree on this, so feel free to ignore it, but if you want a cost that makes something easier to splash, just go with generic mana costs (like ).

Being able to filter draws doesn't feel :w: to me at all, because a critical weakness of it is supposed to be rigidity.

Also I wanted to have an easier to cast cost while at the same time not have this playable in a mono-:w: deck. There are a lot of cards that can end up having this problem and this is my solution to it. I also could just make a multicolor card, but the theme of the card is "this card has :w: flavor but it would break the color if it was printed in here."

Like this post