It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:47 pm 

Spoiler

Skulking Viashino
Creature - Viashino Rogue (C)
As long as you control a Dragon, Skulking Viashino gets +1/+0 and has menace.
2/2
When all eyes are on the beast overhead, its servants prowl unseen towards their enemies.

Spoiler

Flamespeaker Goblin
Creature - Goblin Shaman (U)
When Flamespeaker Goblin enters the battlefield, search your library for a Dragon card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
: Add to your mana pool. Spend this mana only to cast a Dragon spell or activate abilities of Dragons.
1/2

Spoiler

Dracolich's Favour
Enchantment - Aura (U)
Enchant creature
When a Dragon creature you control dies, enchanted creature's controller sacrifices it. If he or she does, return that Dragon card from your graveyard to the battlefield.

Spoiler

Prove Power
Sorcery (R)
Each player chooses a Dragon creature he or she controls, then sacrifices all other creatures he or she controls.
When dragons do battle, everyone below loses.

Spoiler

Young Dragonlet
Creature - Dragon (C)
Flying
Young Dragonlet gets +1/+2 as long as you control another dragon.
1/1
The life of their young is the only life that matters to a dragon.

Spoiler

Mating Call
Enchantment (R)
Whenever you cast a Dragon spell, create a 4/4 red Dragon creature token with flying.
Dragons rarely strike alone.

Spoiler

Scale Parasite
Creature - Insect (U)
Flying, deathtouch
Whenever a Dragon enters the battlefield under your control, return Scale Parasite from your graveyard to your hand.
1/1
Though they were nearly eradicated, feeding on rich dragon blood has given them a surge of vitality and made them stronger than ever before.

Spoiler

Viashino Hunter
Creature - Viashino Warrior (U)
As long as you control a Dragon, Viashino Hunter gets +2/+0 and has haste.
3/4
The dragon leads its servant to the prey, while the viashino waits in ambush for the perfect moment to strike.

Spoiler

Dragonfire Shrine
Artifact (R)
Dragon creatures you control have haste.
, , Sacrifice three creatures: Search your library for a Dragon card and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
The cultists believe their chanting and offerings summon forth their god. The dragon simply sees an easy banquet.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:53 pm 

Flamespeaker goblin just gets your rare and then ramps it out? I'm having Stoneforge Mystic flashbacks. I'm think I would make this effect a rare, since it is defacto copy of a rare in limited.

Young Dragonlet seems strong but idk how often it's "on"

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:44 pm 

Flamespeaker goblin just gets your rare and then ramps it out? I'm having Stoneforge Mystic flashbacks. I'm think I would make this effect a rare, since it is defacto copy of a rare in limited.
I don't know, there's a big difference between adding one mana towards the thing and straight up making the thing cost 2 (plus making it uncounterable and instant speed, no less). What if it put the card on top of your library instead of into your hand, a la the Lorwyn Harbingers?

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:35 pm 

Identity: Unqualified
I like the callback to Broodmate Dragon in Mating Call, although I loved Jund and Shards of Alara in general. It may be undercosted if there is a high volume of low-cost dragons in your set/block like Young Dragonlet. Then again, it's probably fine and I'm probably overreacting. Sigil of the Empty Throne is the only comparable card that really springs to mind immediately, although obviously proc'ing on creatures synergizes better with the effect than enchantments.

It's hard to really judge any of the other cards, since it highly depends on just how many dragons are in the set.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:52 pm 

Identity: Male
Flamespeaker Goblin seems too good as is. It's a lot of swing in limited. Rarity change would fix that better than anything else would. If there are a bunch of competitively viable dragons then it might need to go the harbinger route or cost more.

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:55 pm 

It was intended as the main red uncommon for the archetype, so if it is too strong, I'd rather nerf it a bit than shift rarity.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:54 pm 

I'll vote for harbinger

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:25 am 

Identity: Male
I like these cards a lot. You might not be aware of this, but they synergize well with the Dragons from Riorvard's Velicta block, which opens up really interesting NGA Constructed deckbuilding possibilities.

What's the design rationale behind Scale Parasite? A 1/1 deathtouch blocker is strong, but it doesn't seem all that relevant once you start getting Dragons out.

Solphos: Solphos | Fool's Gold | Planeswalker's Guide | The Guiding Light | The Weight of a Soul
Game design: Pokémon Tales | Fleets of Ossia: War Machines | Hunter Killer | Red Jackie's Run

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:41 am 

I'll vote for harbinger
Consider this done.

I like these cards a lot. You might not be aware of this, but they synergize well with the Dragons from Riorvard's Velicta block, which opens up really interesting NGA Constructed deckbuilding possibilities.
I was 100% unaware of this, but hey, that's cool.

Quote:
What's the design rationale behind Scale Parasite? A 1/1 deathtouch blocker is strong, but it doesn't seem all that relevant once you start getting Dragons out.
As shown with Young Dragonlet, there are smaller, cheaper Dragons around here - not a whole lot of them (Dragonlet is the only two-drop, there are three or four three-drops, everything else is 4+), but they're around. Scale Parasite was initially intended as a defence against Dragons, since initial testing showed that Dragons were good at dodging a lot of the removal in the set. I let it recur upon playing a Dragon because the Dragon decks liked a bit of extra defence, early on to help you get to the point where you're casting you bigger, stompier Dragons, then later on because no one likes casting a big stompy Dragon and having to leave it back on defence.

Like this post