It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PD's Police Department
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:50 pm 

Call the cops.

This thread is a collection of cards and other junk like that.

Hushwind Soldier :2::w::u:
Creature - Fox Soldier
Vigilance, Hexproof
Creatures dealt damage by ~ don't untap during their controllers' next untap steps.
3/7

Needle :1::w::b:
Instant
Target creature gets -4/-2 until end of turn. Opponents can't cast spells this turn.
/// Fuse
Thread :1::u::b:
Sorcery
As an additional cost to cast Thread, return target nonland permanent you control to its owner's hand.
Search your library for a card, then put it into your hand. Shuffle your library.

Stubborn Evangelist
Creature - Dwarf Cleric
Creatures your opponents control enter the battlefield tapped.
0/4
He speaks slowly and hypnotically, is impossible to get rid of, and even worse, he smells.

Merfolk Storyteller
Creature - Merfolk Bard
Whenever ~ or another creature named ~ enters the battlefield, draw a card.
1/4

Currently I'm trying to wrack my mind finding a way to make overload happen in MtG (MtG has a lot of things that Hearthstone can't do, such as splashing, but has memory issues being a major concern) as well as make mechanics for three worldbuilding ideas I had. My post count is increasing and I participate less in games because I'm treating the place more like a laboratory than a forum.

Last edited by preadatordetector on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:15 pm 

Carpcane the Vengeant
Legendary Creature - Elf Soldier
Whenever a creature you control dies, attach a white Aura Enchantment token onto target creature with the following:
  • Enchant creature
  • Enchanted creature has double strike.
3/4
Seeing his family cannibalized by the Lunaeris elite gave him a blinding resolve and a dangerous agenda.

Nigma the Outlaw
Legendary Creature - Dwarf Bard
Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, scry 3, draw a card, then discard a card.
2/3
He has a lot to tell you, provided you give him proper entertainment.

Patient Featherweight
Creature - Dwarf Monk
Hexproof, vigilance
When ~ enters the battlefield, attacks, or blocks, return target creature to its owner's hand unless that creature's controller taps it. If they do, that creature doesn't untap during their next untap step.
3/4

Advectix Cyan
Creature - Fox Monk
Hexproof, reach, vigilance
3/4
Cyan is the most powerful color to wear in Advectix, and is reserved for the most highly regarded masters of self defense, mediation, and acrobatics.

Lunaeris Talon
Creature - Bird Assassin
Credence - At the beginning of your end step, if you gained 5 or more life this turn, you may destroy target creature with converted mana cost X or less, where X is the amount of life you gained minus 5.
Flying, lifelink
2/3

Prunvi Precussion
Creature - Troll Bard
Spoil - As ~ enters the battlefield, you may put a -1/-1 counter onto target creature you control. If you do, ~ gains haste until end of turn.
:t:: Choose one -
  • Remove all counters from target permanent.
  • Destroy target permanent token.
  • Regenerate ~.
0/3
Thieves that find some weirdo with a drum best kill him and not turn their back on the body.

Currently I'm trying to wrack my mind finding a way to make overload happen in MtG (MtG has a lot of things that Hearthstone can't do, such as splashing, but has memory issues being a major concern) as well as make mechanics for three worldbuilding ideas I had. My post count is increasing and I participate less in games because I'm treating the place more like a laboratory than a forum.

Last edited by preadatordetector on Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:05 pm 

Moonstone Prayer :1::w:
Instant
Search your library for five cards and exile them. Shuffle your library afterwards.
Return target permanent card with converted mana cost 1 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield.

Experiment Two :g::g:
Creature - Snake Ooze
Evolve
Whenever a creature you control would regenerate, regenerate ~.
Creatures you control get +1/+1 as long as ~ has two +1/+1 counters on it.
0/2

Lifeline Command :1::g::g::g:
Instant
Choose two -
  • Regenerate target creature you control.
  • You gain life equal to target creature's toughness.
  • Prevent all damage that would be dealt this turn.
  • Destroy target noncreature nonland permanent.

Lifeline Visions :2::g:
Sorcery - Whisper
Draw cards equal to the toughness of target creature you control, then put 4 cards from your hand on top of your library.

Foresight Recalled :u:
Instant - Whisper
Scry 3
Splice into Whisper :u:

Last edited by preadatordetector on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:52 pm 

Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
I'd make Iceborn Ninja WU

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:11 pm 

Dive through the Mind :b::g::u:
Sorcery
Delirium - If there are 4 or more card types among cards in your graveyard, draw 4 cards.
Scry 4, then put the top 4 cards of target player's library into their graveyard.

Enter the Deep :ub::g::g:
Sorcery
Search your library for a Forest, Island, or Swamp card, put it onto the battlefield, and shuffle your library.
If you drew 4 or more cards this turn, you may put a permanent card from your hand onto the battlefield. If you do, each opponent draws 2 cards.

Act on Suspicion :2::r::w:
Instant
For each card target opponent drawn this turn, put a 2/2 red and white Knight creature token onto the battlefield with vigilance and trample.

I made Iceborn Ninja :g::u:, but it could be :u::w:. The flavor is bad to be honest and I need something better.

Last edited by preadatordetector on Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:21 pm 

Usually card that doesn't do anything at all when associated with an on/off keyword kinda gives a negative vibe to the keyword you are using.

i.e.
Do X, if you have delirium, do Y. <-delirium is a bonus here.

vs

If you have delirium, do X. Otherwise nothing. <- delirium becomes the hurdle.

latter case is invoke the same negative feeling of a drawback keyword.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:31 pm 

The thing is DttM is really, really good if the effect triggers because you draw a ton of cards for a very low price. Having no element of risk makes it hard for me to justify the card's power.

Personally I kind of miss having simple yet powerful cards.

Going to post some things that combo with Spiders and Oxen. Expect something incredibly undercosted.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:11 pm 

Silk Coaxer
Creature - Troll Shaman
Spiders you control cost :1: less and get +1/+0.
1/4

Spiderweb Servant
Creature - Elf Cleric
Pay 1 life: Spiders you control get +2/+2 until end of turn. Activate this ability only once each turn.
2/4

Exhausted Herder
Creature - Kor Cleric
Hexproof, Indestructible
Ox you control get +3/+3.
0/0

Cow Tipper
Creature - Troll Rogue
When ~ enters the battlefield, you may sacrifice an Ox. If you do, ~ deals X damage to target creature or player, where X is the toughness of the sacrificed Ox.
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, you may exile ~. Return it to the battlefield at the beginning of the next end step.
2/3

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:09 pm 

Prescribed Burn
Sorcery
Put target land on top of its owner's library. Scry 3.

Raven Spear :3:
Artifact - Equipment
When ~ enters the battlefield, put a 1/1 Soldier creature token onto the battlefield and attach ~ to it.
Equipped creature gets +0/+2 and has double strike when blocking or blocked by a creature with less toughness than it.
Equip :1:

Pyriscence :1::r:
Enchantment
Whenever a creature you control is dealt noncombat damage, scry 1.

Prunvi Firefighter :r::r:
Creature - Troll Soldier
Defender
:1::r:: ~ gets +2/+1 until end of turn.
At the beginning of each end step, scry X, where X is the amount of damage dealt to ~ this turn.
0/4

Prunvi Exfiltrator
Creature - Troll Rogue
You may cast ~ from exile.
:r:, :t:: Put target card in exile on top of its owner's library.
2/6

Advectix Reporter
Creature - Fox Bard
When ~ or another creature named ~ enters the battlefield, draw a card.
Monocolored creatures you control cost :1: less.
0/3
The Advectix had a small news industry that was hampered by censorship and state regulations. Some citizens attempted to protest, but most got arrested. Most reporters therefore avoid being seen and usually spread news among themselves, educating themselves when their civilization won't.

Trying to encourage Clone xd

Also updated Dive through the Mind.

Last edited by preadatordetector on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:39 pm 

The commands are marked as busted and need to be edited.

Silent Amaroq
Creaure - Wolf
~ can only attack or block alone.
6/6

Firefly Command
Instant
Choose two -
  • Discard two cards, then draw two cards.
  • Put two loyalty counters onto target Planeswalker you control.
  • Exile the top card of your library. It costs :1: less and can be played as if it had flash this turn.
  • ~ deals 4 damage to target permanent.

Mercenary Command
Instant
Choose two -
  • Target player discards a card.
  • Sacrifice a creature. Each opponent loses life equal to its power.
  • Discard a card, then search your library for a card with the same converted mana cost, reveal it, and put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
  • ~ deals 2 damage to target permanent or player and you gain 2 life.

Peacekeeper Command
Instant
Choose two -
  • Target player can't cast spells this turn.
  • Put two 1/1 white Monk creature tokens onto the battlefield with prowess.
  • Put target creature with power 4 or greater on top of its owner's library.
  • Creatures you control get +1/+1 until end of turn.

Calculated Command
Sorcery
Choose two -
  • You may cast target instant or sorcery spell put in the graveyard this turn without paying its mana cost.
  • Put target creature on top of its owner's library. That creature's owner may scry 1.
  • Untap up two two target permanents.
  • Switch the power and toughness of target creature. It gains flying this turn.

Last edited by preadatordetector on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:57 am 

Great Mystery
Legendary Enchantment
Whenever you draw a card, follow this process:
  • Search your library for a permanent card with converted mana cost 7 or less.
  • Put it onto the battlefield.
  • Shuffle your library.
  • Scry 3.

Lawless Capture
Sorcery
Lawbreaker (You may cast and target this spell ignoring the rules text of all other effects in play. If you do, triggered abilities that would normally occur from this spell resolving don't trigger.)
Exile target permanent. Exile the top 3 cards of your library. You may play cards exiled this way without paying for their mana costs.

Cannot Coexist

Temple of Indifference
Land
When ~ enters the battlefield, scry 2.
:t:: Add :c: to your mana pool.

Azorius Tower
Orzhov Tower
Dimir Tower
Izzet Tower
Rakdos Tower
Golgari Tower
Gruul Tower
Boros Tower
Selesnya Tower

Simic Tower
Land - Tower
:1:, :t:: Add :g::u: to your mana pool.

Talisman of Service :2:
Artifact
:t:: Add :1: to your mana pool.
:t:: Add :w: or :b: to your mana pool. ~ deals 1 damage to you.

Talisman of Prosperity :2:
Artifact
:t:: Add :b: or :g: to your mana pool. ~ deals 1 damage to you.

Talisman of Observance :2:
Artifact
:t:: Add :g: or :u: to your mana pool. ~ deals 1 damage to you.

Talisman of Creativity :2:
Artifact
:t:: Add :u: or :r: to your mana pool. ~ deals 1 damage to you.

Talisman of Innocence :2:
Artifact
:t:: Add :r: or :w: to your mana pool. ~ deals 1 damage to you.

Not proud of the below ones, therefore I am not bumping the thread to add these cards.

Feroz the Doomed
Planeswalker - Feroz
Reveal your hand. Each opponent may scry X, where X is the total converted mana cost of creature cards in your hand. Scry 3.
Reveal your hand. For each instant or sorcery card in your hand, put a 1/1 Weird creature token onto the battlefield, and draw that many cards.
Feroz the Doomed can be your commander.

Planeswalker Scout
Planeswalker
The planeswalker uniqueness rule doesn't apply to Planeswalkers without subtypes.
Scry 3. ~ deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
Search your library for a Planeswalker card, reveal it, and put it onto the battlefield.

Last edited by preadatordetector on Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:26 am, edited 5 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:48 pm 

Alom Begwin, Advectix Irrigator
Legendary Creature - Dwarf Advisor [R]
Overturn
Whenever a player plays a land card, tap target artifact or creature. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
2/3

Prunvi Swail
Creature - Troll Soldier
When ~ enters the battlefield, it deals 4 damage to target creature if a land entered the graveyard this turn.
Spoil - When at least two permanents leave the battlefield in one turn, return ~ to its owner's hand.
2/4
The Swails are among the Prunvi's best firefighters, and the biggest reason why they didn't have a major wildfire in fifteen years. Of course, that's because they burned most of the fuel. And the trespassers, mostly because it's funny.

An army of cloaked figures, some with energy staves, others with buzzsaws, and some with crossbows. On top of that there's several machines in the background.
Advantage of Steel
Sorcery
Choose a phase of your turn. (Phases of your turn are: beginning, main, combat, and ending.)
Take another one of each of those phases in any order after this one.
Untap all artifacts and creatures with equipment attached to them.
They are relentless, willing, reliable, and never need a break.

An army of giant spiders crawling out of a massive tree covered in webs.
Advantage of Flesh
Sorcery
Put X 1/3 green Spider creature tokens onto the battlefield with reach.
Put an X/X green Plant creature token onto the battlefield with defender.
X is the amount of life you gained this turn.
They are cheap, numerous, efficient, and easily produced.

Last edited by preadatordetector on Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:32 pm 

Frightened Caterpillar
Creature - Insect
Vigilance
Put ~ on top of your library: Put a 2/2 Insect creature token onto the battlefield with flying.
2/4

Extraction en Mayhem
Instant
Creatures get +2/-2 until end of turn.
Spoil - If two or more permanents left the battlefield this turn, end the turn.
"I thought we had them, but the Prunvi trolls caused chaos and escaped without a scratch. I still have the burns on my face, but I was lucky."
-Strotho, Lunaeris Knight

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:40 am 

Furnace Shaft
Land
:t:: Add :c: to your mana pool.
:2:: ~ gains "Sacrifice two artifacts: Scry 3." until end of turn.

Lightfire Charm :1::w:
Instant
Choose one -
  • ~ deals 2 damage to target attacking or blocking creature and you gain 2 life.
  • Target blocking creature gets +7/+7 until end of turn.
  • Search your library for two cards, then exile them. Shuffle your library afterwards.

Mindfire Charm :1::u:
Instant
Choose one -
  • Counter target spell unless its controller pays :1:.
  • Draw a card.
  • Untap target permanent, then scry 1.

Deathfire Charm :1::b:
Instant
Choose one -
  • ~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
  • Target player discards a card.
  • Pay 1 life, scry 1, and draw a card.

Bloodfire Charm :1::r:
Instant
Choose one -
  • ~ deals 2 damage to target permanent.
  • Destroy target artifact.
  • Target creature gets +2/+1 until end of turn.

Vitalfire Charm :1::g:
Instant
Choose one -
  • Put a 1/1 Snake creature token onto the battlefield with deathtouch.
  • Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn.
  • Target creature deals damage equal to its power to you, and then to another target creature.

Ghostfire Charm
Instant
Choose one -
  • Spells you control cast :1: less to cast this turn.
  • You may tap or untap target permanent.
  • Put a 2/1 Orb artifact creature token onto the battlefield.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:54 am 

Viridian Monk :g::g:
Sapphire Monk :u::u:
Creature - Human Monk
Hexproof
Whenever a player casts a blue (Harmony) / green (Discipline) spell, scry 2.
2/2

Hand of Harmony :g::g:
Hand of Discipline :u::u:
Creature - Fox Warrior
If you have more cards in your hand than your opponent, ~ gets +1/+1
Islandwalk (Harmony) / Forestwalk (Discipline)
2/2

Smite Evil :w:
Instant
Destroy target Horror. Its controller gains 3 life.
Cycling :2:

Descent :g::g:
Instant
Destroy target creature with flying.
Cycling :g:

Feast of Flora :1::g::g:
Sorcery
As an additional cost to cast ~, reveal a Forest from your hand.
Each player gains 7 life.
Draw 2 cards.

Wellspring Fern :g::g:
Creature - Plant
When ~ enters or leaves the battlefield, draw a card.
0/3

Crack in Reality :7:
Instant
Choose one -
  • Destroy target permanent.
  • Counter target spell.

Shard Barrier
Enchantment
("" means that an opponent chooses what mana abilities are to produce the mana to be paid for these costs. Otherwise, it's :1:.)
Choose a color, and choose "truth" or "lies".
Truth - Spells of the chosen color cost :1: less to cast.
Lies - Spells of the chosen color cost :1: more to cast.
Using the magical phenomena gleaned off of Alara, Sarkhan Vol engineered a barrier similar in form, which suppressed or empowered magics as he chosen.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:40 pm 

Impeach :r::r:
Destroy target legendary creature.
Cycling :r:

Ghostfire Blast :7:
Sorcery
~ deals 8 damage to all permanents.
Cycling :2:

Alloyfire Charm
Instant
("" means that an opponent chooses what mana abilities are to produce the mana to be paid for these costs. Otherwise, it's :1:.)
Choose one -
  • Target creature gets +3/+1 until end of turn.
  • Destroy target nonland permanent with converted mana cost 3 or less.
  • Scry X, where X is the toughness of target creature you control.

Incendiary Exfiltration
Instant
~ deals 3 damage to target permanent.
Spoil - If two or more permanents left the battlefield this turn, return target creature you control to its owner's hand.

Aquatic Capital
Legendary Land - Island
~ enters the battlefield tapped.
Whenever you play an artifact spell, scry 1.

Mindfire Sword :3::u::u:
Artifact - Equipment
When ~ enters the battlefield, scry 3.
Equipped creature gets +X/+0, where X is the number of cards in your hand.
Equip :2:

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:11 pm 

Identity: Female
impeach seems pretty niche to exist outside of specific sets and I don't see why it would be red instead of black. If its red yo might as well have it deal damage instead of destroy.

Ghostfire blast isn't the kind of card I like to see in colorless because the availability of wrath effects has a big impact on the metagame of the format, and having a wrath effect (if overcosted, although balanced somewhat by cycle) available in every deck that can afford it seems like it might provide too much counterplay to certain archetypes. Odds are not many decks will be able to afford it at its cost though so it might not end up being that big a deal in practice. I wasn't a fan of eldrazi either though, for similar reasons (this is pretty much all is dust), and that block turned out really well. I don't know what you're going for with dealing damage to permanents. I guess you want it to hit creatures and planeswalkers? I might just spell it out that way, in that case, because "~ deals 8 damage to each creature and each planeswalker" seems more clear and similarly elegant to "~ deals 8 damage to each permanent", but its probably not a big deal, unless there are shenanigans possible involving the timing of dealing damage to things like manlands? Even if there isn't, there's the possibility of people thinking there is, i guess.

Alloyfire charm seems like a mess although maybe it would work out in practice. The idea of a player making choices for another player exists in things like mindslaver and master warcraft but this perhaps deals with less clear territory than those two cards. More than that, I'm not sure the mechanic generates much interesting gameplay. You're forced to spend mana unoptimally but the end result isn't much difference in practice, i think, especially if your deck is built around knowing that will happen (as in the case of a primarily colorless deck). I doubt it generates sufficiently interesting gameplay for the design costs it incurs. As for the card itself, I think colorless removal is another effect you need to be careful with. This card, moreso than ghostfire even, threatens to shut down archetypes that rely on cheap aggressive creatures (or other permanents). Because it can be run or sideboarded into decks of any colour, any deck that relies too much on 1-drops and 2-drops will be able to be teched against by pretty much any other deck in the meta.

Spoil seems like a good ability word and fsr i like the damage to permanent wording better on red cards, i guess because it feels like if anything should be able to deal damage to anything they want its red. I don't think reanimating creatures is red though.

Aquatic capital might be busted but that's a matter for playtesting probably.

I like mindfire sword.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:35 am 

Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:55 pm 

Enjoy the Calm
Sorcery
You gain 3 life, scry 3, then draw a card.
"I wish that my reflection was here. He would have enjoyed this."
-Riku of the Biological Reflection

Flameborn Messenger
Creature - Elemental Knight
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, creature spells you control with converted mana cost 4 or greater cost :1: less this turn.
1/3
"When my reflection needs help, he'll send a ride to help me get there."
-Riku of the Biological Reflection

Rotten Stock
Instant
If a creature gets a +1/+1 counter put on them this turn, its controller sacrifices it.
Spoil - if two or more permanents left the battlefield this turn, each player discards a card for each permanent they control that was sacrificed this way.
Prunvi trolls, despite having rich and dark histories of cuisine, believed that gluttony was a sin that only caution remedied.

Prunvi Successionist
Creature - Troll Shaman
Defender
Spoil - at the beginning of each end step, if two or more permanents left the battlefield this turn, put a 0/3 green Plant creature token onto the battlefield with defender.
1/4

Last edited by preadatordetector on Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:04 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
Messenger and Stock don't make sense. I guess it's because they lack durations, but also something else.
Enjoy the Calm is probably OP. Something like

Fruit of Omen
Sorcery (C)
Gain 4 life.
Scry 4.

would be more balanced and more green.

Like this post