It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:04 pm 

The reason why Enjoy the Calm is the way it is was because that you can't cast it on your opponents' turns, and it costs :2:. You aren't going to cast this on your second or third turn if you have instants unless you want to invite your opponent to play a critical combo piece. If it doesn't draw a card, it's bad. If it doesn't scry, it's bad. If it doesn't gain life, it's bad.

Messenger didn't have ueot but I intended it to.
Stock had "this turn". It should make sense.

I would personally not play fruit of omen because it's not powerful enough for me to consider it. Manipulate Fate had the problem where you are most likely to use the card to get rid of copies of itself if it didn't draw a card. Scry is very unpredictable card advantage that becomes zero if you already have cards you want on the top of your library, and I won't play lifegain if the card doesn't invalidate more than three shock at that mana cost.

Spoiler

Currently I'm trying to wrack my mind finding a way to make overload happen in MtG (MtG has a lot of things that Hearthstone can't do, such as splashing, but has memory issues being a major concern) as well as make mechanics for three worldbuilding ideas I had. My post count is increasing and I participate less in games because I'm treating the place more like a laboratory than a forum.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:12 pm 

Refugee Archaeologist :1::u:
Creature - Fox Rogue
:u:, :t:: For each opponent, you may tap target creature that player controls. That creature doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
When ~ enters the battlefield, each opponent puts a colorless 8/8 Golem artifact creature token onto the battlefield.
1/3
"I came to document the wonders inside that tomb, but then its guardians started chasing after me! Please give me some aid, I need a place to eat!"

Back from the Blink
Enchantment
Pay the mana cost of a creature that entered the battlefield this turn: Return target creature card from any zone to your hand.

Grim Determination :2::b:
Enchantment - Aura
Enchanted creature gets +0/+2 and "this creature gets +1/+0 for each creature that is blocking it".
:b:: Regenerate enchanted creature. If that creature attacked and wasn't blocked, each opponent loses 3 life.

Freedom of Information
Enchantment
Effects can't prevent you from drawing cards. (This doesn't work on skipping steps or phases that allow you to draw, but does work on "if (you) would draw (any) cards, instead (do something else)".)
Cycling :r:

Patrol Switchblade :2:
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gets +2/+2.
Equip :4:
:0:: Attach ~ to a creature you control that has vigilance.

Currently I'm trying to wrack my mind finding a way to make overload happen in MtG (MtG has a lot of things that Hearthstone can't do, such as splashing, but has memory issues being a major concern) as well as make mechanics for three worldbuilding ideas I had. My post count is increasing and I participate less in games because I'm treating the place more like a laboratory than a forum.

Last edited by preadatordetector on Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:44 pm 

Kitsune Outcast
Creature - Fox Nomad
Deathtouch, lifelink, vigilance
2/3
Sometimes Advectix traditions go very wrong, leaving children unable to find their way home and causing them to become feral, with all the paranoia and insomnia that follows. These children, being specialized in poisons, are responsible for many deaths in the jungle, and to top it all off they often practice cannibalism.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:13 pm 

Spoiler

Prunvi Assassin
Creature - Troll Assassin
, pay 3 life: ~ is indestructible this turn.
, : Spoil - Destroy target creature. (Effect resolves only if two or more permanents left the battlefield this turn.)
2/5
The Prunvi adapted methods from other tribes to deal with the monsters that roam their territory.

Prunvi Bloodrites
Instant
You lose 3 life.
Spoil - If two or more permanents left the battlefield this turn, scry 3, and draw 3 cards.

Disarmament Ransom :w:
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gains pacifism. (It can't attack or block.)
:0:: ~'s controller sacrifices it and gains 4 life for each card in their hand. Only enchanted creature's controller can activate this ability.
Lunaeris tactics are as cruel as they are unusual.

Animated Bamboo :g:
Creature - Plant
Defender
2/3
Grows fast, and with a little effort, hurts a ton.

Absence Without Leave
Instant
Creatures you don't control gain pacifism until end of turn. (They can't attack or block.)
Each player may pay :x:. For each player that does, they may have X target creatures lose pacifism until end of turn.

Image: A four-tailed kitsune with four arms, each holding plasma swords. It casually slices through the door it's walking through.
Advectix Assault
Creature - Fox Soldier
Overturn (Whenever this creature is dealt combat damage by a source, it deals damage equal to the difference in its toughness and the damage it taken to the source's controller.)
3/4
"When the Advectix need to break into a building, they bring that monstrosity."
-Carpcane Venera

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:55 pm 

Moonstone Endurant
Creature - Elf Soldier
2/4

Delusion Scavenger
Creature - Bird Bard
Delve
2/2

Wildmist Borderpost
You may pay and return a basic land you control to its owner's hand rather than pay Wildmist Borderpost's mana cost.
Wildmist Borderpost enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add or to your mana pool.

Fieldvein Borderpost
You may pay and return a basic land you control to its owner's hand rather than pay Fieldvein Borderpost's mana cost.
Fieldvein Borderpost enters the battlefield tapped.

Mistfire Borderpost
You may pay and return a basic land you control to its owner's hand rather than pay Mistfire Borderpost's mana cost.
Mistfire Borderpost enters the battlefield tapped.

Veinwild Borderpost
You may pay and return a basic land you control to its owner's hand rather than pay Veinwild Borderpost's mana cost.
Veinwild Borderpost enters the battlefield tapped.

Firefield Borderpost
You may pay and return a basic land you control to its owner's hand rather than pay Firefield Borderpost's mana cost.
Firefield Borderpost enters the battlefield tapped.

Last edited by preadatordetector on Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:46 am 

Riverside Academy :g::u:
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant land
Enchanted land has ":t:, pay :x:, X being equal to the number of erosion counters on ~: draw a card and add a charge counter onto ~."

Fractal Ward :g:
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature.
Enchanted creature has haste.
:g:, discard a card: regenerate enchanted creature.

Static Ward :w:
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature.
Enchanted creature has prowess.
:w:, discard a card: enchanted creature gains first strike this turn.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:26 pm 

Orochi Grunt
Creature - Snake Warrior
7/7

String Interrupt LL
Instant
(For each "L" (a lock) symbol, an opponent chooses a mana ability you control. You can't use that mana ability until after the active player's next turn.)
Counter target spell.

Sealfolk Vulcan
Creature - Pennipid Shaman
Defender, first strike
4/1

Immortal Reaper LL
Creature - Spirit Warrior
(For each "L" (a lock) symbol, an opponent chooses a mana ability you control. You can't use that mana ability until after the active player's next turn.)
Flying, deathtouch, vigilance
2/3

Borderland Trapper
Creature - Elf Nomad
As long as ~ has vigilance, it gets +3/+3.
1/2

Ashwood of Taboo
Creature - Treefolk Wizard
Drown (When you scry this card, you may put it into the graveyard.)
Whenever a source deals noncombat damage, scry 1.
1/3
Pyromancers are to treefolk as disease mages are to humans. Fire is a force that spreads rapidly, and thus is taboo to most treefolk except to the Ashwood.

Last edited by preadatordetector on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:09 am 

Hydrexis Historian :gu::gu:
Creature - Snake Monk
When ~ attacks or blocks, an opponent may pay :1:. If they don't, you may untap another target permanent.
1/4

Kophyll Agent :b::g:
Creature - Elf Ninja
Hexproof, deathtouch
When ~ dies, each opponent loses 3 life and you gain that much life.
2/1

Softleaf Watchdog :g:
Creature - Snake Ninja
~ gets +1/+1 as long as there are 4 or more cards in your hand.
1/2

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:59 am 

Sarsi Kato, Hero Antagonist
Legendary Planeswalker - Sarsi (Mythic)
You may exile the top card of your library. You may cast it this turn.
Search your library for an artifact, instant, or sorcery card, shuffle your library, then put that card on top.
You may play cards you own from exile.

Hokian Surveillance :1::u:
Enchantment (Mythic)
Put an alarm counter onto ~ when the following happens:
  • A creature was blocked.
  • At the beginning of your end step.
  • A player cast two or more spells in one turn.
Remove thirty alarm counters from ~: transform this card.

Hokian Alarm
Enchantment (blue)
At the beginning of your end step, scry 3, draw a card, put two +1/+1 counters onto target creature you control, then create a colorless Treasure artifact token with ":t:, Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool".

Hostiles Detected :1::r:
Instant
~ deals 2 damage to each creature that entered the battlefield this turn. Scry 2.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:01 pm 

Messenger and Stock don't make sense. I guess it's because they lack durations, but also something else.

I realized that those cards lacked text talking about the controller that is supposed to be affected by this stuff. I fixed that now.

repost

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:56 am 

Defensive Assessment :1::u:
Instant
Choose two -
  • Target creature gets +0/+2 until end of turn.
  • Target creature gets -2/-0 until end of turn.
  • Draw two cards, then discard two cards.

Offensive Advantage :1::r:
Instant
Choose two -
  • Target creature gets +2/+0 until end of turn.
  • Target creature gets -0/-2 until end of turn.
  • Scry 2.

Hydrexis Scout :g::u:
Creature - Naga Scout
When you reveal a card you own, you may put it into your hand unless an opponent pays :1:.
When you reveal a land card you own, you may put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
2/1

Waxing Reconnaissance :1::u:
Sorcery
Target creature explores twice. (Explore - Reveal the top card of your library. If it's a land, put it into your hand. Otherwise, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature, and you may put the card into your graveyard or on top of your library.)

Starvation :x::r:
Instant
If X is 5 or greater, gain control of target permanent until end of turn. It gains haste this turn.
Choose X types. Each player sacrifices a permanent of that type. You can't choose "land" this way unless X is 3 or greater.
When famine rules a nation, chaos will follow.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:00 pm 

Rogue Wave :u:
Instant
Target opponent chooses two creatures. Choose one of them.
That creature gets +1/+2 until end of turn. Untap it.
You may return that creature to its owner's hand.
"Brace for impact!"

Image: an Amphin throwing a dart, piercing an elf's neck.
Decetra Liberator
Creature - Salamander Rogue
Flash
When ~ enters the battlefield, gain control of target creature until end of turn.
(Creatures normally can't attack or activate :t: abilities if it wasn't controlled by a player continuously since their last turn.)
1/3
"On your signal, we will deploy."

Fun
Instant
Target creature gets +4/+4 and trample until end of turn.
///SPLIT - FUSE///
Interactive
Instant
Creatures you control get +2/+0 until end of turn.

Canopy Mastery
Enchantment
Creatures you control with reach get +1/+1 and have menace.
Doesn't matter if it's tall buildings or trees, those that can scale one can also scale the other.

Shadow Blood Missionary :b::b:
Creature - Vampire Cleric (Rare)
When ~ enters the battlefield, each player loses 3 life unless they sacrifice a nonland permanent.
3/1
Membership in the Shadow Blood requires an annual sacrifice of something earned, something given, and something taken.

Flamethrower
Sorcery
Flamethrower deals 4 damage to target creature or player.
//
Wings
Sorcery
Enforce (This half of the card can only be played if you cast the first half.)
Put a 4/4 Dragon creature token onto the battlefield with flying.

Merlito Lightwatch
Creature - Dwarf Knight
Creatures with converted mana cost 2 or less and toughness 2 or greater get +1/+1.
3/1
He illuminates the way for travelers, ensuring smooth passage for those meek and wary.

Art: A girl's hand dropping a ring, while in the middle-ground there's a jacket illuminated by sunlight, peering out of a cabin's front door. There's smoke on the horizon.
Delightful Surprise
Sorcery (Mythic)
Draw two cards, scry 2, then reveal your hand.
Exile all cards with converted mana cost 1 from your hand.
You may cast those cards this turn.
Upon finding her lost coat, Robin dropped her lucky bracelet. Then she lost her coat again.

Ocean's Song :1::u::u:
Enchantment
Creatures you control get -1/+3 and have ":u:: This creature gets +2/-1 until end of turn."

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:52 pm 

Thundervane Amphin
Creature - Salamander Wizard
:2:: The next instant or sorcery spell you cast with converted mana cost 5 or greater costs :4: less. Activate this ability only once per turn.
1/3
Scarwater is defined by the prominence of thunder. There's no other place in Virtzom that has so much activity. Scarwater natives brave the storms to perform experiments or gather intel.

United Intention :1::gw::gw:
Instant
Reveal your hand. You gain life equal to the total converted mana cost of all cards in your hand.

Morningstar Captain
Creature - Human Knight
Lifelink
:3:: Untap target creature.
1/4

Eveningstar Captain
Creature - Salamander Knight
Menace
:3:: Target creature gains double strike until end of turn.
1/4
Some Decetra leadership figures risen through the ranks through a combination of opportunism and guts. Often, the term "guts" becomes surprisingly literal.

Everlasting Fortune
Enchantment
Spells you control with converted mana cost 7 or greater cost :3: less.

Concentration Camp
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant land you control.
When ~ enters the battlefield, search your library for up to five cards and exile them, then shuffle your library.
When ~ leaves the battlefield, put all cards exiled with it into their owners' graveyards.

Prayer of Salvation
Sorcery
Return target creature card with converted mana cost 2 or less from your graveyard to your hand. You gain 2 life.

Serene Recovery
Instant
Return target creature card with converted mana cost 3 or less from your graveyard to your hand.

Lifeline Revelation
Instant
You gain 4 life and draw 4 cards.

garbage without salvation

Last edited by preadatordetector on Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:32 pm 

Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
I feel United Intention and Everlasting Fortune stretch the pie a bit because I don't think green or white is supposed to care about instants or sorceries (prowess is only tertiary in white and justified by artifacts and enchantments).

Really wish you included rarities.

Concentration Camp feels black to me in almost every respect. White doesn't mill or manipulate the library.

Prayer of Salvation is fine.

I worry about memory issues with Wasteland Recovery. It also feels black to me.

Lifeline Revelation is strictly better than Opportunity.

Sidisi's Composter is...weird.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:56 pm 

I feel United Intention and Everlasting Fortune stretch the pie a bit because I don't think green or white is supposed to care about instants or sorceries (prowess is only tertiary in white and justified by artifacts and enchantments).

Both of those don't explicitly care about instants or sorceries, and adding text to care about that would make them more complex, random, weaker, and harder to balance. It's a problem I find with CMC-matters cards (remember clash?) that I don't want to return to, so having cards that do care about high CMC would also require those cards to have a lot of flexibility.

Quote:
Really wish you included rarities.

Not really my style. Limited is my weakness.

Quote:
Concentration Camp feels black to me in almost every respect. White doesn't mill or manipulate the library.

Prayer of Salvation is fine.

I worry about memory issues with Wasteland Recovery. It also feels black to me.

Lifeline Revelation is strictly better than Opportunity.

Sidisi's Composter is...weird.

That was from an unanswered thread and considering how broken or weird these cards get I can see how these cards could be broken (ish) or off-pie.

I was playing with an idea where :w: removes garbage from its own library to concentrate on better stuff, rather than getting more answers and gas (which I consider off-pie because of control decks). The idea was that :w: censors its own civilization and does secret-police stuff, killing a few freeloaders in its civilization to make room for its fanatical society (aka the deck) or kill enemies.

Wasteland Recovery seems like it could be :w: to me as well as :b:. However, looking at the amount of text (and cost) on Rescue from the Underworld it seems like I made a mistake. I thought Rescue costed :3::b:, so I priced W.R. as "trade your :3: for my :x:". If it were to be used like this it would be really strong.

Lifeline Revelation ended up being too powerful because I didn't do my research, :face: therefore it should be changed.

I changed Sidsidi's Composter and now it's weird. I'll just get rid of it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:43 pm 

Art: fizzling reddish macroalgae (seaweed) covering the floor, releasing a purple mist.
Scent of Fuel :br:
Instant
Until end of turn, all noncombat damage dealt by sources you control is increased by 1.
Damage can't be prevented this turn.
"Skejinn, can you light a torch? I can't see."
-Roleye, last words.

Verdant Sentinel :g:
Creature - Bear
When ~ enters the battlefield, each player gains 3 life.
2/2

Broad Daylight :2w::1:
Enchantment (Common)
If an ability would destroy a creature, instead
that creature gets -0/-5 until end of turn.
(Instant and sorcery instructions are abilities.
Damage and toughness reduction isn't affected.)

Wasteland Titan
Creature - Giant
Creatures you control have willpower 3. (If an ability would destroy that creature, instead that creature gets -0/-3 until end of turn. Instant and sorcery instructions are abilities; this doesn't affect damage or toughness reduction.)
When ~ enters the battlefield, destroy all creatures.
Vigilance
4/6

Put Down :w:
Instant (Common)
~ deals 3 damage to target attacking or blocking creature.
"I have something in my coat for anything resembling a rabid dog."
-Spake, Aniok officer

Crush Point :b:
Instant
This deals 3 damage to target creature with power 2 or less.
"If you slack off, you are going to be stuck between 2 tons of cargo and the floor, capisce?"
-Najo, merchant deckhand

Last edited by preadatordetector on Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:02 pm 

Identity: Unqualified
Broad Daylight should never be printed at common. Also, the flavor doesn't make too much sense - if getting a hole blown through your chest is gonna kill you in a dark alleyway, its probably also gonna kill you in broad daylight.

Also in Crush Point's text did you mean causality or casualty?

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:46 pm 

Malikot wrote:
Broad Daylight should never be printed at common. Also, the flavor doesn't make too much sense - if getting a hole blown through your chest is gonna kill you in a dark alleyway, its probably also gonna kill you in broad daylight.

Also in Crush Point's text did you mean causality or casualty?

Broad Daylight doesn't remove a removal spell's ability to kill stuff. It merely limits what removal spells can do against high toughness creatures.

Crush point's flavor text was supposed to be a pun, but looking in the dictionary I realized that I made a mistake. I meant something like "you slack off, you are going to be between a rock and a hard place, capeesh?" but I realize now I misinterpreted the word.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:04 pm 

Cram :1::u:
Sorcery
Draw a card. If an opponent has at least 2 more cards in their hand than you, draw two cards instead.
"Oh crap! The final exam is in two days!"

Longstanding Growth :g:
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature with toughness 4 or greater.
Enchanted creature gets +3/+3.

Grassroot Barrier
Creature - Plant Wall
Discard a card: return target card from your graveyard to your hand.
You can't discard more than one card per turn.
You can't discard cards on other players' turns.
0/4

I'm going to focus on making a new set instead of posting more cards in YmtC.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:49 pm 

Raptorian Herbalist
Creature - Dinosaur Ninja
Deathtouch
:t:: Add :g: to your mana pool.
1/3

Azorius Prison Warden
Creature - Human Soldier
Exertion (This creature doesn't untap during your untap step.)
Vigilance
, :t:: put target creature or planeswalker on top of its owner's library.
2/3
"We may look out of shape, but I am always watching and can trip you up at the worst moment."

Building Deconstruction
Sorcery
Destroy target land.
Create two colorless Material artifact tokens with ":t:, sacrifice this artifact: Add :c: to your mana pool."
"You're upset that we stole this building? What, do you want us to smash it instead?"

Predatory Experience
Instant
Target creature you control fights another target creature. Draw a card.
Advectix young showing promise are sent into the jungle to "mature" as their leadership calls it. Many actually don't make it back.

Reclusive Weasel :g::g:
Creature - Weasel
Hexproof
3/1

Perimeter Coach :gw::gw:
Creature - Elf Monk
Creatures with vigilance get +1/+1.
2/1

Like this post