It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:39 pm 

Identity: Dragon
So I only overstepped on Allosaurus Rider (much to my chagrin, while I didn't honestly expect them to do it I still held out hope), Brooding Saurian, Crag Saurian, and Gnathosaur.

Though given their choice of what to ignore I'm kind of surprised they decided to change Fungusaur and not Gnathosaur.

Going back to Allosaurus Rider, I know they have a stance on typing based on the rider instead of the mount, but had they chosen to go back on it for Allosaurus Rider I realize now I probably would have missed a few cards as there are several cat knights in Mirrodin that ride on what appear to be pterosaurs:
Kemba's Skyguard
Leonin Skyhunter
Skyhunter Cub <- Though at least the cat isn't actively riding the pterosaur in this one
Skyhunter Patrol
Skyhunter Prowler
Skyhunter Skirmisher

Yes pterosaurs aren't true dinosaurs, I know that, WotC even knows that, but they build the game to mass market expectation not reality.

However, had they backpedaled on that ruling, cards like Pterodon Knight and Imperial Lancer would probably not have been able to be made mechanically because they already had dinosaurs in their images.

They did miss pteron ghost though. I have to think that was just an oversight on their part.

Like this post